Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution SPOTIFY CONSOME MUITOS DADOS

Há algum tempo venho utilizando o spotify, e ele está consumindo quase 1Gb por 2horas de música reproduzida, é a mesma playlist na qual eu escuta por 4/5horas e consumia 20mb.

• Há algum tempo venho utilizando o spotify, e ele está consumindo quase 1Gb por 2horas de música reproduzida, é a mesma playlist na qual eu escuta por 4/5horas e consumia 20mb.
  • aleeraser
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify charging me twice

First I subscribed to Spotify premium for my phone only. After I got charged, I opened Spotify and it says your last payment didn't work. I went to the Spotify website and checked my account it is subscribed to Spotify Premium until April 20

• Casual Listener
  • First I subscribed to Spotify premium for my phone only. After I got charged, I opened Spotify and it says your last payment didn't work. I went to the Spotify website and checked my account it is su...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't find all songs of the Artist

Hello all, I have a spotify premium account and I was wondering why i couldn't find songs by an artist in Germany (K. I. Z) when I used spotify of my other friends I could find all their songs but when I use my spotify I could only find some songs by...

• Hello all, I have a spotify premium account and I was wondering why i couldn't find songs by an artist in Germany (K. I. Z) when I used spotify of my other friends I could find all their songs but wh...
  • Slim96
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't add songs to playlists since last update... Please help

I try to do like I always do to add a song to a playlist, press the three little dots button, press add to playlist, but when I press this it just closes the menu instead of showing me all my playlists like usual. I tried restarting the app, tried wi...

• I try to do like I always do to add a song to a playlist, press the three little dots button, press add to playlist, but when I press this it just closes the menu instead of showing me all my playlis...
  • Emsela80
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

trouble streaming to chromecast from phone?

Ive been trying to steaming spotify to my chromecast on the tv downstairs, but occassionally the option to select the cromecast is greyed out, when other people are watching the tv and not actually using the chromecast the option to stream is there. ...

• Casual Listener
  • Ive been trying to steaming spotify to my chromecast on the tv downstairs, but occassionally the option to select the cromecast is greyed out, when other people are watching the tv and not actually u...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music dips and sounds poor whilst on call

So sometimes I like to listen to music whilst I'm on a call if I'm on a long call mainly. However, when I do, the background noise coming from the other end makes the music dip in volume and it gets really jittery and it just sounds really bad. It on...

• So sometimes I like to listen to music whilst I'm on a call if I'm on a long call mainly.  However, when I do, the background noise coming from the other end makes the music dip in volume a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution ALL music keeps disappearing

Hi, I keep finding that ALL the music I have downloaded is no longer downloaded and I have to go through the whole process again. This is happening regularly and I am getting mighty bored with it now.Please can Spotify explain what is going on and ho...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I keep finding that ALL the music I have downloaded is no longer downloaded and I have to go through the whole process again. This is happening regularly and I am getting mighty bored with it now...
  • blueloublou
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Premium or no premiun

Hello everyoneSorry if this subject has been covered already, but I am a bit of a numpty at these things and would just like an answer in normal person speak not fluent geek!! I have a playlist that I am quite proud of, and have managed to connect my...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone Sorry if this subject has been covered already, but I am a bit of a numpty at these things and would just like an answer in normal person speak not fluent geek!!   I have a pla...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't play playlists

I have Samsung Galaxy S3 Premium subscription version 0.7.4.608.g206dal79 I can only use the shuffle play button to play my playlists. I can't pick the individual song I want to hear. I also get songs that are not on the playlist when I'm trying to l...

• Regular
  • I have Samsung Galaxy S3 Premium subscription version 0.7.4.608.g206dal79   I can only use the shuffle play button to play my playlists. I can't pick the individual song I want to hear. I ...
  • Rory2158
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound quality

While puttingmy earphones on The sound quality drops when i lock the screen.i hope the problem is not from the phone.

• While putting my earphones on The sound quality drops when i lock the screen.i hope the problem is not from the phone.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Party mode missing

I am missing party mode on my galaxy s7 edge. I believe it has something to do with the 7/19 update. I have restarted phone, no luck. Logged out, restarted , and tried with no luck. Unistalled, restarted, and reinstalled with no luck. Please help

• Casual Listener
  • I am missing party mode on my galaxy s7 edge. I believe it has something to do with the 7/19 update. I have restarted phone, no luck. Logged out, restarted , and tried with no luck. Unistalled, resta...
  • donferdi
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Extras drop down list jumps to the left

Build: 8.1.0 betaSteps:1. Navigate to any album2. Tap Download3. Tap Extras button (3 dots in the right upper corner)Result: with next screen update (downloading status) Extras drop down list jumps to the left side of the screen

• Build: 8.1.0 beta Steps: 1. Navigate to any album 2. Tap Download 3. Tap Extras button (3 dots in the right upper corner) Result: with next screen update (downloading status) Extras drop down li...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music downloaded but not available

Hi,I downloaded all my music to my Android device ( Galaxy S4 GT-9515L Value Edition) with Android 5.0.1, 2 days ago I was using Spotify as usual, I close the App and moments later, I opened Spotify and all my music that I have downloaded before it w...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I downloaded all my music to my Android device ( Galaxy S4 GT-9515L Value Edition) with Android 5.0.1, 2 days ago I was using Spotify as usual, I close the App and moments later, I opened Spotif...
  • benjaminibm
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Offline Playlist not available when offline

Hey guys, actually I'm a premium user and I downloaded my playlists lately. Unfortunately, I'm not able to play these lists, when my device has no internet connection, although they are downloaded! Sitting in the train back home every weekend the int...

• Hey guys,   actually I'm a premium user and I downloaded my playlists lately.   Unfortunately, I'm not able to play these lists, when my device has no internet connection, although ...
  • gkmackey
  • Regular
  • 14 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 2 likes

Constant ads

Spotify will give me an ad saying "now enjoy the next thirty minutes of ad-free music."Then it will play 4 or five ads after that and give me the same notice that I know have thirty minutes to listen ad-free. I don't. When I tried to contact customer...

• Spotify will give me an ad saying "now enjoy the next thirty minutes of ad-free music."Then it will play 4 or five ads after that and give me the same notice that I know have thirty minutes to listen...
  • chloe_evernham
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Last.fm

I don't know if this has been posted yet but it's getting to the point of being annoying. I notice that you have scrobbling on the app. I put in my credentials and it's saying that my username and/or password is wrong. I logged on to the last.FM webs...

• Casual Listener
  • I don't know if this has been posted yet but it's getting to the point of being annoying. I notice that you have scrobbling on the app. I put in my credentials and it's saying that my username and/or...
  • damianb3
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Downloads

Why can I only download 2923 songs on my phone not 3333. I have only downloaded standard songs i.e. 3-4 mins not classical

• Regular
  • Why can I only download 2923 songs on my phone not 3333. I have only downloaded standard songs i.e. 3-4 mins not classical 
  • Sevenbells
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Wifi only?

How do I set up Spotify on Android so it only streams when connected to wifi?or does not stream when wifi is not available and would use data?

• How do I set up Spotify on Android so it only streams when connected to wifi? or does not stream when wifi is not available and would use data?
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 7 likes

i'm not following anyone but...

i still have 6 followings. Could this be solved as soon as possible and it's cringy af haha

• Casual Listener
  • i still have 6 followings. Could this be solved as soon as possible and it's cringy af haha
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Removing songs from playlists / entire playlists

Hi,I have a question. If I remove from a playlist one or more songs, or I remove a entire playlist, those songes will be removed from the cache of my phone? Indeed I have Premium and I hav dowloaded all ym playlists but sometimes i remove songs / pla...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have a question. If I remove from a playlist one or more songs, or I remove a entire playlist, those songes will be removed from the cache of my phone?   Indeed I have Premium and I hav...
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes