Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Artists in Me widget don't show up

Only three artists show up when I try to search for songs by artist in the Me widget. The only real function of spotify premium for me is to be able to use spotify offline and I want to be able to search for songs by individual song, artist and playl...

• Only three artists show up when I try to search for songs by artist in the Me widget. The only real function of spotify premium for me is to be able to use spotify offline and I want to be able to se...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Biblioteca substituída por EU

O menu Biblioteca foi substituído pelo menu "Eu". Tenho que entrar nesse menu e selecionar Favoritos, mas não consigo simplesmente visualizar minhas músicas listadas por artista, somente por álbum. Vejo que outros usuários de Android têm a Biblioteca...

• O menu Biblioteca foi substituído pelo menu "Eu". Tenho que entrar nesse menu e selecionar Favoritos, mas não consigo simplesmente visualizar minhas músicas listadas por artista, somente por álbum. V...
  • itu_
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not premium anymore ?

I am premium and I am listening to adds. If I go to settings it asks me to pay to get premium... But I am premium...

• I am premium and I am listening to adds. If I go to settings it asks me to pay to get premium... But I am premium...
  • itu_
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle doesn't include nested folders?

So I have an odd glitch. I have three folders, each inside the other (Galaxy-->Hyper-->Main). When I shuffle play the topmost folder, it appropriately includes music from all three folders.However, when I shuffle the Hyper folder, which has the Main ...

• Casual Listener
  • So I have an odd glitch. I have three folders, each inside the other (Galaxy-->Hyper-->Main). When I shuffle play the topmost folder, it appropriately includes music from all three folders. Ho...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Saved albums and music gone

Updated from Marshmallow to Nougat.Then spotify updated itself. 7.4.0.1799 armv7 is the current version.Was able to use normally, then last night upon opening spotify i received a notice that only 3 devices are allowed to save songs. I only have one ...

• Updated from Marshmallow to Nougat. Then spotify updated itself. 7.4.0.1799 armv7 is the current version. Was able to use normally, then last night upon opening spotify i received a notice that...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Undo Delete Data on Android

I have brilliantly, accidentally deleted the data on my Spotify app from the settings in Android and have lost everything. Does anyone know of a way to undo this or recover the data? Please say yes.

• Casual Listener
  • I have brilliantly, accidentally deleted the data on my Spotify app from the settings in Android and have lost everything. Does anyone know of a way to undo this or recover the data? Please say yes.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify premium Offline Mode Not Working

I have completed all of the wsteps to download and sync a playlist for offline playing, but it still wont play it looks like it is playing but no sound is coming out. Please help me out.

• Casual Listener
  • I have completed all of the wsteps to download and sync a playlist for offline playing, but it still wont play it looks like it is playing but no sound is coming out. Please help me out.
  • Santo580
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded Songs Skipping?

So I have around 500+ songs download loaded onto my phone albums at a time. For some reason 1 or 2 songs in each album won't play or will skip if I'm using my LTE (which is slow at my school). The Dow loaded songs won't skip if I'm using my home wifi...

• So I have around 500+ songs download loaded onto my phone albums at a time. For some reason 1 or 2 songs in each album won't play or will skip if I'm using my LTE (which is slow at my school). The Do...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify uses every chance to close itself

I'm having this issue for the last 2 months or so. Beside the fact that Spotify is the only laggy app on my phone, I don't think that it's good as a player anymore.I have a LG G3 16Gb with 2 gbs of ram. And I'm afraid of skip songs via headphone butt...

• I'm having this issue for the last 2 months or so. Beside the fact that Spotify is the only laggy app on my phone, I don't think that it's good as a player anymore. I have a LG G3 16Gb with 2 gbs ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlists gone on android

Yesterday my list reached 3333+ songs and therefore i can't download anymore to offline mode. So today i removed about 100 songs but the spotify app still said i had reached the max amounts of downloads allowed. After that i cleared my cache and thou...

• Casual Listener
  • Yesterday my list reached 3333+ songs and therefore i can't download anymore to offline mode. So today i removed about 100 songs but the spotify app still said i had reached the max amounts of downlo...
  • knasolov
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle stuck in an endless loop

Definitely occurs when run on mobile device, not sure about desktopDevice: LG G4, running current version of both phone software and Spotify.Occasionaly when on shuffle, the songs will create an inescapable loop.For example, Song A will play. Followe...

• Visitor
  • Definitely occurs when run on mobile device, not sure about desktop Device: LG G4, running current version of both phone software and Spotify. Occasionaly when on shuffle, the songs will create...
  • balong48
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Volume fluctuates from quiet to loud

Have samsung galaxy s6 edge, when headphone jack is plugged in the volume of each song goes up and down. Doesn't happen with any other app. Has there been a fix with this issue? Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Have samsung galaxy s6 edge, when headphone jack is plugged in the volume of each song goes up and down. Doesn't happen with any other app.  Has there been a fix with this issue?   Thanks
  • Steven_11
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Data Used Even Though Songs are Saved

Hello,I was very frustrated today to notice that even though I have download using cellular off and was only playing the songs from my library (which are all saved/downloaded to my device) Spotify used 165mb+ of data on a 40 min drive.Two questions, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I was very frustrated today to notice that even though I have download using cellular off and was only playing the songs from my library (which are all saved/downloaded to my device) Spotif...
  • voicelex
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify offline random songs don't play

As the title says, I'm having a problem with the offline not playing random songs. I am a premium user. All songs have been downloaded and most of them just play, but every so often a song won't play. It remains at 0:00 and no sound is heard. However...

• As the title says, I'm having a problem with the offline not playing random songs. I am a premium user. All songs have been downloaded and most of them just play, but every so often a song won't play...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I can not see playback in progress without internet connection

Hello Friends of the Spotify Community,I have the following issue, when I start my Spotify somewhere without an Internet connection (for example underground train or some location without GSM / 3G / 4G signal). Sopotify does not show me the playback ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello Friends of the Spotify Community, I have the following issue, when I start my Spotify somewhere without an Internet connection (for example underground train or some location without GSM / 3G ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Bar
    cue
    Status
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

App doesn't stream on 4G

Spotify works with WiFi but will not stream or search for new songs with only mobile data activated. All other apps works and the signal is strong. Offline mode is not activated and I have unlimited data usage. All other settings seems okay. I've had...

• Spotify works with WiFi but will not stream or search for new songs with only mobile data activated. All other apps works and the signal is strong. Offline mode is not activated and I have unlimited ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Random stop

I use a Sony z2, and after some song randomly stop the music. It is very annoying. How can I fix it? Please help me.

• Regular
  • I use a Sony z2, and after some song randomly stop the music. It is very annoying. How can I fix it? Please help me.
  • lewih86
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Help with the new "Me" interface

Can I approximate my old habits of saving/downloading/listening on the new interface or am I just screwed? Here's how thing used to work for me:- I used to have the download switch on for the songs I saved, so when I saved a specific song, it would a...

• Music Fan
  • Can I approximate my old habits of saving/downloading/listening on the new interface or am I just screwed? Here's how thing used to work for me: - I used to have the download switch on f...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Interface
    library malfunction
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Lost all downloaded music on Android device (and albums on laptop)

I have a Sony Experia Z5, and it had tons of downloaded "available off line" music on it... Now it has NONE!... The green arrown to indicate it's had been downloaded isn't even there any more (I know sometimes it's greyd out). There is absolutely no ...

• Regular
  • I have a Sony Experia Z5, and it had tons of downloaded "available off line" music on it...   Now it has NONE!... The green arrown to indicate it's had been downloaded isn't even there any mor...
  • lewih86
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes