Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes

New Your Library view

Spotify has introduced a new version of Your Library to mobile users of the iOS and Android apps. Come on over to the main Community thread to get an overview of what's new and share your feedback: New Your Library view (iOS & Android)

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Issues since latest update

I'm not sure if this is part of update or not but when I'm on Spotify I cannot skip songs anymore, I have to go to home page and then the function appears in notification bar. REALLY annoying. There used to be a screen you dragged up to skip music wi...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm not sure if this is part of update or not but when I'm on Spotify I cannot skip songs anymore, I have to go to home page and then the function appears in notification bar. REALLY annoying. T...
  • ancomah
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Fire TV - UK user with Premium Subscription - Spotify Connect not working

Hi,I have just installed a Fire TV in my living room and installed Spotify Connect from Amazon Appstore. When I open the App on the Fire TV neither my iPad Air or iPhone 6 can see the Fire TV. Both are running iOS 8.1 and have latest Spotify iOS Apps...

• Music Fan
  • Hi, I have just installed a Fire TV in my living room and installed Spotify Connect from Amazon Appstore. When I open the App on the Fire TV neither my iPad Air or iPhone 6 can see the Fire TV. Bo...
  • Perpics
  • Regular
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes
  • fire TV
    spotify connect
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Some iTunes songs won't play

Hello, you all. First of all, English is not my first language, so... Second, the problem below only happens on my Nexus 4, running a moded 4.4 Android's ROM. I created a playlist so I can play my iTunes song and, the problem is, some of the songs wo...

• Not applicable
  • Hello, you all. First of all, English is not my first language, so... Second, the problem below only happens on my Nexus 4, running a moded 4.4 Android's ROM. I created a playlist so I can...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! A-Jays Five remote problems

Hi I recently bought my a-JAYS Five and tried using them with Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy s5. When i tried using the remote, it started playing a song which was saved on my phone. I deleted all songs from my phone (only had one song), and tried agai...

• Hi I recently bought my a-JAYS Five and tried using them with Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy s5. When i tried using the remote, it started playing a song which was saved on my phone. I deleted all so...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't let me connect on 4g LTE

I have T-Mobile and everytime I'm off WiFi spotify tells me in offline and won't let me stream music. I am paying for premium and can't even enjoy music in my car. Tried Uninstalling and reinstalling and it didn't solve it. Help.

• I have T-Mobile and everytime I'm off WiFi spotify tells me in offline and won't let me stream music. I am paying for premium and can't even enjoy music in my car. Tried Uninstalling and reinstalli...
  • DomZeal
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

How to show only full albums in my library

In the desktop version there (FINALLY!) is a option to filter only full albums from my library, but how to do it in the android app?Oh it's not implemented yet? what a surprise. i guess car integration is much more important than proper CORE FUNCTION...

• Casual Listener
  • In the desktop version there (FINALLY!) is a option to filter only full albums from my library, but how to do it in the android app? Oh it's not implemented yet? what a surprise. i guess car integ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Keep screen turned on

Hi, When running Spotify in my Android device, I would like to keep screen on to see the cover and who is the artist playing. Is it possible to configure this in Spotify or I have to go to device settings? Thank you Regards form Barcelona city. Franc...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   When running Spotify in my Android device, I would like to keep screen on to see the cover and who is the artist playing. Is it possible to configure this in Spotify or I have to go ...
  • Kulmandu
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Downloaded the update now I cant open the app

I just now downloaded version 1.6.0.952 and now I cant even open the app. Ivr tried reinstalling it and restsrting my phone but nothing is working.

• Not applicable
  • I just now downloaded version 1.6.0.952 and now I cant even open the app. Ivr tried reinstalling it and restsrting my phone but nothing is working.
  • Eefjewentelteef
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • cant open app
    Crash
    crashes
    Update
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline storage - Android wear

Hi! Im woundering if you will make it possible to storage offline playlists on android wear devices? I think it would be a really awesome feature!

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! Im woundering if you will make it possible to storage offline playlists on android wear devices? I think it would be a really awesome feature!
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! login issues after update

I've just come home from a days work (currently working abroad from UK - home location) and spotify won't login on either my android tablet or phone. I use my Facebook account to log in and the passwords are kept safe with "Lastpass" (reccommend btw)...

• Casual Listener
  • I've just come home from a days work (currently working abroad from UK - home location) and spotify won't login on either my android tablet or phone. I use my Facebook account to log in and the pass...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! shuffle won't stop on android

Hello, I'm running an android phone with spotify and the other day all my music playlists just started shuffling instead of playing in order as I have them on the desktop app. I have the premium service so I cannot find a setting to turn off the shuf...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I'm running an android phone with spotify and the other day all my music playlists just started shuffling instead of playing in order as I have them on the desktop app. I have the premium se...
  • Madison_willie
  • 19 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 5 likes

Always downloading music

So like in my previous post http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Always-downloading-music/m-p/837415#M30925 now it become even worse. Now music downloads everytime i unlock my screen every 10-30 mins (not all songs,but from 3 to 20) its nothi...

• Music Fan
  • So like in my previous post http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Always-downloading-music/m-p/837415#M30925 now it become even worse. Now music downloads everytime i unlock my screen eve...
  • LTMendarynas7
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Anyway possible way to log into Spotify Mobile without having to sign in through Facebook?

Originally signed up for desktop Spotify through Facebook a few years back. I now only use your mobile version, and no longer use Facebook and would like to delete it off of my phone. is there any work around to be able to sign into your premium mobi...

• Not applicable
  • Originally signed up for desktop Spotify through Facebook a few years back. I now only use your mobile version, and no longer use Facebook and would like to delete it off of my phone. is there any wo...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect cannot find vizio tv app to control

I want to be able to use my android phone spotify app with the spotify connect and control my vizio tv spotify app. No devices are shown on android spotify connect. Is this possible? how do i get my tv connection selected? The tv is connected to home...

• I want to be able to use my android phone spotify app with the spotify connect and control my vizio tv spotify app.  No devices are shown on android spotify connect.  Is this possible?&nbsp...
  • kaijones
  • 8 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 8 likes

Solved!! Spotify turns into a zombie state when connected to my car for to long.

I followed following instructions: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Android-Troubleshooting-Spotify/td-p/113082 (here is the template:) === START OF TEMPLATE === DescriptionPlease describe the problem When I listen to spotify on my cellph...

• Regular
  • I followed following instructions:   http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Android-Troubleshooting-Spotify/td-p/113082   (here is the template:)   === START OF TEMPL...
  • bamboomy
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Android 5 lock screen controls.

This is more just a post to ensure the devs are aware... Currently, in Android L/5, notifications are displayed now instead of the lockscreen controls. This means that lockscreen controls aren't displayed for the Spotify app on Android L. The followi...

• Community Legend
  • This is more just a post to ensure the devs are aware...   Currently, in Android L/5, notifications are displayed now instead of the lockscreen controls.   This means that lockscree...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Downloaded Playlist doesnt play all songs in Offline mode - Just some

I have a Spotify Premium Account and downloaded my favorite playlists to my smartphone (Samsung S5) to listen to them offline (60 GB space on SD card, 50 GB free) to not cause any more costs. One playlist contains about 230 songs and they look like t...

• Regular
  • I have a Spotify Premium Account and downloaded my favorite playlists to my smartphone (Samsung S5) to listen to them offline (60 GB space on SD card, 50 GB free) to not cause any more costs. One pla...
  • HansOkuChui
  • Regular
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android 4.4.2
    Download
    offline playlist
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes

For each song previously "starred", the related album and artist has been added in "Your Music"

Hi, Since yesterday, for each song previously "starred", the related album and artist has been added in "Your Music" without any action from me. It created a huge mess in my library. I have a premium account since 3/4 years. How can I correct that? T...

• Hi,    Since yesterday, for each song previously "starred", the related album and artist has been added in "Your Music" without any action from me. It created a huge mess in my librar...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music offline in Android

Hi, I have a premiun account with Spotify because basically I want to listen music offline in my cellphone. I have successfully downloaded playlist to my laptop and I can listen there ok with quality in offline mode. So after that I synced with my ce...

• Hi, I have a premiun account with Spotify because basically I want to listen music offline in my cellphone.   I have successfully downloaded playlist to my laptop and I can listen there ok w...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bluetooth volume bug

I'm having an issue with the Spotify app for Android. I recently tried connecting to a pair of Nocs airplay speakers (over airplay) and everything worked fine (including volume control). After syncing to the same speakers over bluetooth however, the ...

• Regular
  • I'm having an issue with the Spotify app for Android.   I recently tried connecting to a pair of Nocs airplay speakers (over airplay) and everything worked fine (including volume control). A...
  • flabberghastly
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bluetooth
    volume
    Volume Button
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes