Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Random stops/crashes - Moto Photon q 4g lte XT897 Sprint

Anytime I pause, try to skip a song, or change playlists spotify stops. It doesn't always Crash entirely. If I set it to a playlist and leave it alone (not unlocking phone at all) it will play without issue. It does this in 4g/3g/wifi/offlinemode/air...

• Music Fan
  • Anytime I pause, try to skip a song, or change playlists spotify stops. It doesn't always Crash entirely.  If I set it to a playlist and leave it alone (not unlocking phone at all) it will pl...
  • radius314
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

won't download, have to do a factory resett, then it eats bandwidht like a leech...

Seriusly, are you trying to make me go on a killing rampage? First The android app to my HTC Desire-Z stopps downloading my any new additions. so i have to do a frickin' factory resett to even get it to work, (yes that is the solution the forum came ...

• Casual Listener
  • Seriusly, are you trying to make me go on a killing rampage? First The android app to my HTC Desire-Z stopps downloading my any new additions. so i have to do a frickin' factory resett to even get it...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with spotify on mobile

Hello, I got a problem with my Sony Xperia mini (android 4.0.4) and spotify mobile. Everytime I open Spotify, it says "unable to connect to internet". I got spotify premium, but it didn't sync with my android phone, then I uninstalled spotfy on my mo...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I got a problem with my Sony Xperia mini (android 4.0.4) and spotify mobile. Everytime I open Spotify, it says "unable to connect to internet". I got spotify premium, but it didn't ...
  • thorgal21
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Help no download

Spoiler (Highlight to read)Have an ematic , cheep tablet, running android but can't find the proper download. All mobile downloads seem to be for phones any help Have an ematic , cheep tablet, running android but can't find the proper download. All m...

• Have an ematic , cheep tablet, running android but can't find the proper download. All mobile downloads seem to be for phones any help   
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Bug: Android app crashes on startup with too many playlists

There appears to be a limit on the number of playlists supported in the Android app. The bug manifests itself by causing Spotify to crash on startup leaving the user no choice, but to wipe the app and all sync'ed data, remove the additional playlists...

• Regular
  • There appears to be a limit on the number of playlists supported in the Android app.  The bug manifests itself by causing Spotify to crash on startup leaving the user no choice, but to wipe the ...
  • smallo
  • 65 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 65 replies
  • 15 likes

phone music to spotify

hello! I have own music on my phone.. Iwant those to my spotify list.. Can i do it somehow..

• hello! I have own music on my phone.. Iwant those to my spotify list.. Can i do it somehow..
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to connect to spotify

Hi - I have been unable to browse music on spotify for the past three days via my sonus controller - keep getting the "theres a problem connecting to spotify message" - anyone else getting the same?

• Hi - I have been unable to browse music on spotify for the past three days via my sonus controller - keep getting the "theres a problem connecting to spotify message" - anyone else getting the same?
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Mobile Showing "No Internet connection available"

Description Spotify Mobile is showing "No Internet connection available" down the bottom. What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue? Open Spotify Mobile client. What I expected to happen It to work. The phone has internet connectivity Did...

• Description Spotify Mobile is showing "No Internet connection available" down the bottom.   What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue? Open Spotify Mobile client.   ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"Spotify is misconfigured for Facebook login" ???

Hi Guys I keep recieving this message when trying to log in to Spotify via Facebook on the Kindle Fire HD. I can log in no probs using a PC or laptop device but when I try to access it on the Fire I get the following message. "Spotify is misconfigure...

• Hi Guys   I keep recieving this message when trying to log in to Spotify via Facebook on the Kindle Fire HD.  I can log in no probs using a PC or laptop device but when I try to access ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Phone OS upgrade forces Spotify to redownload all the music again.

Description When upgrading a Phone OS (in my case, flashing a new ROM, but in other cases Ice Cream Sandiwch to JellyBean for example) Spotify fails to recognize the music files already downloaded on the phone. I can clearly see the files in the fold...

• Casual Listener
  • Description When upgrading a Phone OS (in my case, flashing a new ROM, but in other cases Ice Cream Sandiwch to JellyBean for example) Spotify fails to recognize the music files already downloaded ...
  • boredomkills
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Missing tracks in my playlist

I have problem finding all of my tracks that I've got in my playlist on my new HTC One x. The playlist got 735tracks, and I can only find 40-60 of them on my phone. At first i got all of the songs except the 2 last added songs, and spotify said it wa...

• I have problem finding all of my tracks that I've got in my playlist on my new HTC One x. The playlist got 735tracks, and I can only find 40-60 of them on my phone. At first i got all of th...
  • mmomtchev
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! WHY?!

I'm seriously pissed as hell right now! Why the hell is the option to save offlineplaylist to SD removed?! Why do I have to copy all my stuff on the phone to the computer to be able to play it through spotify?! Why am I not able to simply move the wh...

• Regular
  • I'm seriously pissed as hell right now!   Why the hell is the option to save offlineplaylist to SD removed?! Why do I have to copy all my stuff on the phone to the computer to be able to p...
  • Martinmutter
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotify Bug in Android 4.1.2?

Hey, just upgraded both my Galaxy Nexus (VZW) (rooted) and my Nexus 7 (unrooted) to Android 4.1.2, and It seems that My PC version of spotify is no longer able to see them in the device list, even when they are both connected to the same hotspot as t...

• Hey, just upgraded both my Galaxy Nexus (VZW) (rooted) and my Nexus 7 (unrooted) to Android 4.1.2, and It seems that My PC version of spotify is no longer able to see them in the device list, even wh...
  • tkonrath
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Bluetooth occasionally breaks spotify

If I am listening to spotify in my car and turn my vehicle off, there is a chance that if I start my car back up and the bluetooth connects that spotify will start playing by itself. If and when it does this, as it isnt a 100% chance, it will break s...

• Music Fan
  • If I am listening to spotify in my car and turn my vehicle off, there is a chance that if I start my car back up and the bluetooth connects that spotify will start playing by itself.  If and whe...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

delet account

How do I delet my account?

• Casual Listener
  • How do I delet my account?
  • Richard
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline playlists wiped when renewing contract

Hello, I had the mistfortune to have my credit card stolen. I had to discard it and make a new one. I thought spotify would alert me my subscription fee had been refused. Well, they did, after reverting my account to "free" and disabling my mobile ap...

• Roadie
  • Hello,   I had the mistfortune to have my credit card stolen. I had to discard it and make a new one.  I thought spotify would alert me my subscription fee had been refused. Well, the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Downloaded Albums disappear if downloaded with Wifi

Hi, I use Spotify premium for my Android. When I choose to download an album via 3G everything works fine. If I want to connect via Wifi to download easier and quicker, it looks like my downloaded album is there and will play fine, however when I loo...

• Visitor
  • Hi, I use Spotify premium for my Android. When I choose to download an album via 3G everything works fine. If I want to connect via Wifi to download easier and quicker, it looks like my downloaded ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Android client on Wifi causing network havoc..

When I have my phone on wifi and am playing spotify, my network seems to be flooded down with incoming connection attempts.. here is a quick snippet of my firewall logs: RGFW-IN: BLOCK-RULES (ICMP type 8 code 0 62.64.16.40->10.55.0.211 on ixp1) [1406...

• Music Fan
  • When I have my phone on wifi and am playing spotify, my network seems to be flooded down with incoming connection attempts.. here is a quick snippet of my firewall logs:   RGFW-IN: BLOCK-RUL...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

playlist won't shuffle on my Galaxy S3

Galaxy S3 the green shuffle light is on, but it never shuffles. The shuffle works when on my PC, but not on my phone. Any help?

• Casual Listener
  • Galaxy S3 the green shuffle light is on, but it never shuffles. The shuffle works when on my PC, but not on my phone.   Any help?  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes