Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • AFCM6456
  • Casual Listener
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution 'Dislike' removed in favor of 'Hide'. Doesn't auto-skip or synch with desktop

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceGalaxy 8Operating SystemAndroid Pie (9)My Question or IssueUntil roughly a month or two ago, when using the mobile app, I could 'dislike' a song when listening to the 'Discovery Weekly' list. This would skip to the next song...

• Plan Premium Country US Device Galaxy 8 Operating System Android Pie (9) My Question or Issue Until roughly a month or two ago, when using the mobile app, I could 'dislike' a song when liste...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App forgets it is streaming to Chromecast/Google Home

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DevicePixel 4 XLOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueWhen casting to Chromecast enabled speaker(s) and phone screen locks, after a few minutes the phone will forget that it is casting music. Music continues to play, ho...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device Pixel 4 XL Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue When casting to Chromecast enabled speaker(s) and phone screen locks, after a few ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Poor sound quality on one of my devices

DeviceAsus Zenfone 6Operating SystemAndroid 10 I have an issue with the sound quality of Spotify on my new phone, an Asus Zenfone 6. Even though sound quality is set to very high it is still very poor. When I connect the same headset to my old phone,...

• Device Asus Zenfone 6 Operating System Android 10   I have an issue with the sound quality of Spotify on my new phone, an Asus Zenfone 6. Even though sound quality is set to very high it is...
  • Mikawo56
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

The queue

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceOnePlus 3TOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueCorrect me if I am wrong. This is how it used to be. If I was listening to music in a queue and I wanted to start listening to another album. I would just navigate to t...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country USA   Device OnePlus 3T Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Correct me if I am wrong. This is how it used to be. If I was listening to mu...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist reshuffles when switching between output (Spotify Connect)

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePixel 2XLOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueWhen I switch the output of my audio via Spotify Connect, the playlist I am listening to reshuffles itself. This has gotten very annoying when I am listening to my Dis...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Pixel 2XL Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue When I switch the output of my audio via Spotify Connect, the playlist I am listening to re...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution I get literally 7 ads in a row, yes I counted.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceGalaxy A20Operating SystemAndroid Samsung My Question or IssueI would be listening and I get an option to reject watching an add and I get the add anyway, but with 6 more, very long ones. And when I do accept them, they are st...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Free Country USA Device Galaxy A20 Operating System Android Samsung   My Question or Issue I would be listening and I get an option to reject watching an add and I get the...
  • No30min
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

no shows?

PlanPremiumCountryIsle of ManDeviceSamsung Galaxy S7Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueSo this podcast I've been listening to a lot are coming out with video to go with the podcast, when I watch the episode that is supposed to have vide...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Isle of Man Device Samsung Galaxy S7 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue So this podcast I've been listening to a lot are coming out with video to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "All filled up" but I don't have any downloads

PlanPremiumCountryThe NetherlandsDeviceMotorola G8 PlusOperating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueI keep getting the notification "All filled up" saying there is no more room in my library. Just to be clear: I DO NOT have any downloads. I removed ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country The Netherlands Device Motorola G8 Plus Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue I keep getting the notification "All filled up" saying there is n...
  • RalfPhilipsen
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Download bug
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Gear S3 issue

PlanPremiumCountryEgyptDeviceSamsung Galacy Gear S3 smart watch My Question or IssueSpotify application is not available on the samsung store when i search from the watch and even when i search from my samsung store on my mobile under the watch secti...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Egypt Device Samsung Galacy Gear S3 smart watch   My Question or Issue Spotify application is not available on the samsung store when i search from the watch and eve...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music is starting when the phone call has finished

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueSpotify is running automatically without any action when I finish a phone talk. I have to close the spotify app to stop the music. Spotify is starting automatic...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country France Device Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System Android    My Question or Issue Spotify is running automatically without any action when I finish a phone talk...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music stops after 10 minutes

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceSamsung Galaxy A51Operating SystemAndroid 10/One UI 2.0 My Question or IssueI know this topic has been posted a lot and I'm sorry about that but I've browsed these forums and tried all the solutions I can find but none of th...

• Plan Premium Country UK Device Samsung Galaxy A51 Operating System Android 10/One UI 2.0   My Question or Issue I know this topic has been posted a lot and I'm sorry about that but I'v...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files on Android make the app slow down

PlanPremium CountryMéxico DeviceXiaomi Mi Note 10 Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueI have 2 local files folders saved on my phone, one of them has 18 tracks and I have no problem whahtsoever, but on the other folder, with 7 tracks, the ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium   Country México   Device Xiaomi Mi Note 10   Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue I have 2 local files folders saved on my phone, one of t...
  • owkle
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Android TV App , Playlist with local files

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDevicenVidia Shield TVOperating System, Android OreoMy Question or IssueI'm using the Spotify for Android TV. On the desktop I created a playlist and added to local songs to it. I clicked to set the playlist for download, both...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device nVidia Shield TV Operating System , Android Oreo My Question or Issue I'm using the Spotify for Android TV. On the desktop I created a playlist and ad...
  • jim146
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcast keeps starting over from episode 1

PlanPremiumCountryUS Samsung Galaxy note 9 My Question or IssueWithin the past week when I finish an episode of Wizard and the Bruiser, the next episode it plays is episode 1, then continues on to episode 2, 3 etc. I've been listening in chronologica...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country US  Samsung Galaxy note 9   My Question or Issue Within the past week when I finish an episode of Wizard and the Bruiser, the next episode it plays is ep...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution When I make a playlist, I can't see all my liked songs

When I make a playlist the arrow button to expand my liked songs is gone and I go to the bottom of my liked songs (therefore seeing all the songs I've liked). How do I get to the arrow back?PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDevice Samsung A70Operating ...

• Visitor
  • When I make a playlist the arrow button to expand my liked songs is gone and I go to the bottom of my liked songs (therefore seeing all the songs I've liked). How do I get to the arrow back? Plan ...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Song info not showing

Song title and Artist info not showing upCountryIndonesia DeviceSamsung A50sOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  • Song title and Artist info not showing up Country Indonesia   Device Samsung A50s Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue  
  • otied
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Free - no ad notifications

I have noticed this weird behaviour recently in Spotify on my mobile: On some ads, the notification doesn't change to Advertisement but keeps showing the last played song before the ads. There can be more than one ad playing and it still doesn't chan...

• Casual Listener
  • I have noticed this weird behaviour recently in Spotify on my mobile:   On some ads, the notification doesn't change to Advertisement but keeps showing the last played song before the ads. The...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"Ten percent happier" podcast episodes are not showing

PlanPremiumCountryPhilippinesDeviceHuawei Nova 3iOperating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueEpisodes are not showing for this specific podcast. Tried clearing app data, app cache and even reinstalling Spotify mobile app.  

Screenshot_20200611_212643_com.spotify.music.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Philippines Device Huawei Nova 3i Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue Episodes are not showing for this specific podcast. Tried clearing app ...
  • Ar93tlam
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Android App closes while playing on another device, needs to stay open

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevice(Nokia Operating System(Android 9, Pie) My Question or IssueHi everyone, I'm running the Spotify app with the same account on both my Android phone and Windows 10 PC, I also have a Fossil Hybrid watch. I like listening to mu...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device (Nokia 😎 Operating System (Android 9, Pie)   My Question or Issue Hi everyone,  I'm running the Spotify app with the same account on both my Andro...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    application
    Listening Devices
    Pie
    speaker
    watch
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Behind the lyrics no aparece

Previamente tenia otra cuenta premium en mi celular, pero ahora que hice otra premium en el mismo celular no me aparece el recuadro ni la opción

• Previamente tenia otra cuenta premium en mi celular, pero ahora que hice otra premium en el mismo celular no me aparece el recuadro ni la opción
  • Denmend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes