Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes

New Your Library view

Spotify has introduced a new version of Your Library to mobile users of the iOS and Android apps. Come on over to the main Community thread to get an overview of what's new and share your feedback: New Your Library view (iOS & Android)

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Linkin Park and Green Day songs not available

Plan FreeCountry IndiaDevice Sony Xperia T2 UltraOperating System Android Lollipop 5.1 My Question or Issue I'm not able listen to Linkin Park and Green Day's songs as it shows that the song is not available. So i want to ask if this for everyone or ...

• Plan Free Country India Device Sony Xperia T2 Ultra Operating System Android Lollipop 5.1  My Question or Issue I'm not able listen to Linkin Park and Green Day's songs as it shows that the ...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Green Day
    linkin park
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution No puedo ver mis álbumes en la app

Plan PremiumCountry EspañaDeviceXiaomi Mi A2 My Question or Issue No puedo ver mis álbumes, cuando entró se queda siempre pensando

• Plan Premium Country  España Device Xiaomi Mi A2   My Question or Issue  No puedo ver mis álbumes, cuando entró se queda siempre pensando  
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't work with

PremiumItaly Redmi 5 PlusAndroid 9 Pie My Question or IssueHi.I've a problem with the android app of Spotify.Usually when i'm using mobile connection, it seems that i'm offline and i have to close and re-open the app to work. My provider is "Ho Mobil...

•   Premium Italy     Redmi 5 Plus Android 9 Pie   My Question or Issue Hi. I've a problem with the android app of Spotify. Usually when i'm using mobile connection, it...
  • isaumyam
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Still unable to post to Instagram Stories

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DeviceLG G6Operating SystemAndroid version 8.8.0 My Question or Issue I have the most up to date version of Spotify, Instagram, and the Android operating system, but I'm still unable to share music to Instagram Stories...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States  Device LG G6 Operating System Android version 8.8.0   My Question or Issue  I have the most up to date version of Spotify, Instagram, and ...
  • Clément_L
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Functionality
    Instagram Stories
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle all songs from library

PlanPremiumCountry CanadaDeviceSamsung Galaxy S7Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue Since the last update I can't see all songs from my library by titles anymore to do Shuffle all, so how can we shuffle all songs from our Library now? I trie...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Canada Device Samsung Galaxy S7 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue  Since the last update I can't see all songs from my library by titles a...
  • Clément_L
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sort folders separately from playlists?

Why can't I sort my playlists on Android sorted logically, aka Alphabetically, but with folders on top, also alphabetically? You know, like you used to, and even Windows 95 could?

• Music Fan
  • Why can't I sort my playlists on Android sorted logically, aka Alphabetically, but with folders on top, also alphabetically?   You know, like you used to, and even Windows 95 could?
  • Clément_L
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

black screen on certain artists

My Question or Issue Hi, I have spotify on my amazon fire tablet and have never had a problem until yesterday. wneh I click on a band who ~I have a lot of songs for eg Manic Street Preachers 173, I click on them and all I get is a blank black screen....

• Casual Listener
  •   My Question or Issue   Hi, I have spotify on my amazon fire tablet and have never had a problem until yesterday. wneh I click on a band who ~I have a lot of songs for eg Manic Street P...
  • Chibyk
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Why am I unable to listen to some albums when I'm in India?

PlanFree/Premium: On a 30 day trialCountry: India Device: OnePlus 6Operating System: Android Pie My Question or Issue: When i was a free user, there was no album that I failed to find/play. But however, once I started 30 day trial, I couldn't find/pl...

• Not applicable
  • Plan Free/Premium: On a 30 day trial Country: India   Device: OnePlus 6 Operating System: Android Pie   My Question or Issue: When i was a free user, there was no album tha...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Artist songs

Some Artist are not available in India why like Charlie Puth Linkin park etc

• Casual Listener
  • Some Artist are not available in India why like Charlie Puth Linkin park etc   
  • Darshanbs
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • warner music
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[App v8.4.94.817] Thumb up/downs

PlanPremiumCountry GermanyDevice(Xiaomi MiA1)Operating SystemAndroid Pie After giving an accidentelly "Thumb up" or "Thumb down" to a song, this can not be made undone, apparently. I can delete the song in the Radio-Playlist, that's all. The green th...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  Germany Device (Xiaomi MiA1) Operating System Android Pie     After giving an accidentelly "Thumb up" or "Thumb down" to a song, this can not be made un...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Order of playlists

DeviceSony Xperia XZ2 CompactOperating SystemAAndroid PieMy Question or IssueSince a while the sorting of playlists in the Android app is off. Where before it followed whatever order you put them in in the Windows app. But now when I follow a new pla...

• Roadie
  •   Device Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact Operating System A Android Pie My Question or Issue Since a while the sorting of playlists in the Android app is off. Where before it followed whatever ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music Player - LockScreen

Music player not working in the screen locked PlanPremiumCountryItaly DeviceSamsung s8Operating SystemAndroid 9

• Music player not working in the screen locked    Plan Premium Country Italy   Device Samsung s8 Operating System Android 9    
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I have to press twice when I want to play music on a Google Speaker Group

PlanPremiumCountrySweden Device(Android, Google Home)Operating System(Android Oreo, Google Home) My Question or Issue When I want to play music on a "Google Speaker Group" I have to press it twice on the mobile and it's the same with my Google Home. ...

• Plan Premium Country Sweden   Device (Android, Google Home) Operating System (Android Oreo, Google Home)   My Question or Issue  When I want to play music on a "Google Speak...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Google Home
    Speaker group
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can't play song on repeat

PlanFreeCountry IndiaDeviceSamsung Galaxy C7 proOperating SystemAndroid 8.0 My Question or Issue In the app on android phone, there is no option of repeat in the now playing window or in the menu on upper right side of the app.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country  India Device Samsung Galaxy C7 pro Operating System Android 8.0   My Question or Issue  In the app on android phone, there is no option of repeat in the no...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

LG keyboard wont sign me in

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceLG-D852Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueTo sign in i require my keyboard to flip on its side because its cracked and i nowhere have the funds to fix/replace right now. Anyways if i remember correctly when i wa...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device LG-D852 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue To sign in i require my keyboard to flip on its side because its cracked and i nowhere h...
  • Terel22
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes when attempting to play a playlist with local files created on PC

Spotify crashes when I attempt to play a playlist with local files created on a windows 10 computer.PlanPremiumCountryUSA Devices involvedSamsung Galaxy S4, Custom built Windows 10 computer (AMD FX-8350, Asus M5A97 R2.0, GTX 1080 TI)Operating SystemW...

• Spotify crashes when I attempt to play a playlist with local files created on a windows 10 computer. Plan Premium Country USA  Devices involved Samsung Galaxy S4, Custom built Windows...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Grey out, can't play

Can't play the music, i thought because of my plan. Then i change to premium and it turns out the same. I'm a newbee on spotify.PlanPremiumCountry IndonesiaDeviceVivo v5Operating SystemAndroid 6.0 My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  • Can't play the music,  i thought because of my plan. Then i change to premium and it turns out the same.  I'm a newbee on spotify. Plan Premium Country  Indonesia Device Vivo v5 ...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't view my albums

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceRedmi 5 plusOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI can no longer view my albums, all I get is the green circle as though they're loading. I can view everything else fine. I've uninstalled and reinstalled but still no...

• Plan Premium Country UK  Device Redmi 5 plus Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I can no longer view my albums, all I get is the green circle as though they're loadin...
  • paulyboy013
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't play a song

PlanPremiumCountry ukDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9, PCOperating SystemAndroid Oreo, Windows 10 neither my pc or my phone can seem to be able to play the death grips song, beyond alive. This only started in the last hour or so. I have tried restarting spotif...

• Plan Premium Country  uk Device Samsung Galaxy 9, PC Operating System Android Oreo, Windows 10    neither my pc or my phone can seem to be able to play the death grips so...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcasts forgetting position when paused

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DeviceGoogle Pixel 2 XL Operating SystemAndroid Pie Podcasts on Spotify seem to have trouble remembering my position when they're paused for more than a few minutes and don't seem to sync correctly which episodes I've ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States  Device Google Pixel 2 XL  Operating System Android Pie   Podcasts on Spotify seem to have trouble remembering my position when they're&nbsp...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Podcasts
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes