Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

All carefully saved songs replaced with whole albums

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceXiaomi phone and Asus laptopOperating SystemAndroid and Windows 10 My Question or IssueSince joining Spotify last year, I've been carefully going through whole artist discographies and downloading the songs I like to my ...

• Plan Premium Country Canada Device Xiaomi phone and Asus laptop Operating System Android and Windows 10   My Question or Issue Since joining Spotify last year, I've been carefully goin...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Can't find Spotify playlists after redesign

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceGalaxy S7 EdgeOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueSince the redesign I can no longer find the playlists created by Spotify that were previously in the area 'Made for you'. I listen to an eclectic amount of...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device Galaxy S7 Edge Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Since the redesign I can no longer find the playlists created by Spotify that w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android auto wont play spotify

Hi, Does spotify not work with android auto?, I have android auto in my Volvo xc60 and when i go to music spotify is not an option for playing music, I have tried reinstalling android auto but this makes no difference. I can have the music playing an...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Does spotify not work with android auto?, I have android auto in my Volvo xc60 and when i go to music spotify is not an option for playing music, I have tried reinstalling android auto but this m...
  • mikeybikes
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Where did the All Songs option go? [Version: 8.5.8.567 Android]

PlanPremiumCountryNew ZealandDeviceOne Plus 6Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue I can no longer find the All Songs option on my spotify app since the latest update. This feature used to pull all songs across all Albums, Artists and Songs. H...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country New Zealand Device One Plus 6 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue   I can no longer find the All Songs option on my spotify app since the lates...
  • normangr7
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Cancelled my premium account because of the update

Yup. Don't even plan on using the free version either. PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  • Yup. Don't even plan on using the free version either.  Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android&nbsp...
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!! New redesign

PlanPremiumCountryMexicoDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9Operating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or IssueHi everybody! I still do not get the new redesign, evethough a alrady have the latest update. Should I wait or do I need to do something to get it? Thanks!

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Mexico Device Samsung Galaxy S9 Operating System Android Pie   My Question or Issue Hi everybody! I still do not get the new redesign, evethough a alrady have the ...
  • Deadjim
  • Roadie
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android][Playlists] Scrollbar can't be dragged in playlist view when it is on top

With the new update, when viewing a playlist, if the scrollbar is on the top, I can't drag it even though it is visible.In the screenshot I atatched you can see the scrollbar on the top but you can't drag it until it's still at the playlist title lev...

Screenshot_20190617-191011.png
  • Visitor
  • With the new update, when viewing a playlist, if the scrollbar is on the top, I can't drag it even though it is visible. In the screenshot I atatched you can see the scrollbar on the top but you can...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded over cellular instead of wifi

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceSamsung Note 8Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueSo Spotify stopped working this morning when I got into my car. Rebooted and found that all of my downloaded music was no longer downloaded. But I have the settings...

• Plan Premium Country US Device Samsung Note 8 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue So Spotify stopped working this morning when I got into my car. Rebooted and found that ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Quand je clique sur un titre..

PlanPremiumCountryFrance DeviceSamsung Galaxy J6+Operating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or IssueHere’s my problem: when I click on a title, nothing happens and the music doesn’t even start, when I listen to music at the same time the bar at the bott...

• Plan Premium Country France  Device Samsung Galaxy J6+ Operating System Android Pie   My Question or Issue Here’s my problem: when I click on a title, nothing happens and the musi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue showing artists

I am a premium user in the US, on galaxy S7 on oreo. My Question or IssueWhen attempting to select an artist in my library, the app freezes for up to 10 seconds, then does not display the tracks/albums I have saved by the artist. I have included a sc...

• I am a premium user in the US, on galaxy S7 on oreo.    My Question or Issue When attempting to select an artist in my library, the app freezes for up to 10 seconds, then does not displa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to start genre radio in Android Auto?

PlanPremiumUK DeviceSamsung Galaxy S8 connected to car Android Auto My Question or IssueIn the Android app it is possible to start a radio station based on a genre only (e.g. Pop). How do I start such a radio rather than a playlist via Android Auto? ...

• Plan Premium UK   Device Samsung Galaxy S8 connected to car Android Auto     My Question or Issue In the Android app it is possible to start a radio station based on a genre o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Stations Reorder List?

I have been using the new Spotify Stations app and love it. One thing I can't figure out is how to reorder the Stations List. I've added a bunch of stations I listen to and want to reorder them so they're in an organized fashion. Right now they're ju...

• Regular
  • I have been using the new Spotify Stations app and love it. One thing I can't figure out is how to reorder the Stations List. I've added a bunch of stations I listen to and want to reorder them so th...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Bring back recently played

Not sure who thought it was a good idea to get rid of recently played, but it wasn't. The new UI looks nice but the functionality is terrible. I dont want to have to search through my playlists to get back to what I want. Recently played basically ha...

• Not sure who thought it was a good idea to get rid of recently played, but it wasn't.   The new UI looks nice but the functionality is terrible. I dont want to have to search through my playli...
  • hoodeddefender
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 9 likes

Shuffle play, repeat and queue buttons missing

CountryIndia DeviceOnePlus 7 ProOperating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueThe shuffle play, repeat and player queue buttons seem to have entirely disappeared from the interface of the latest Android app. I'm running the latest 8.5.9.737 versio...

• Country India  Device OnePlus 7 Pro Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue The shuffle play, repeat and player queue buttons seem to have entirely disappeared fro...
  • hoodeddefender
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android Support
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Please restore vertical "recently played" list

Plan: premiumFree/PremiumCountry: US Device: Pixel 2 XL(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System: Android(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue Just wrote detailed description and lost it, so, briefly: ...

• Plan:  premium Free/Premium Country:  US   Device:  Pixel 2 XL (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System:  Android (iOS 10, Android&...
  • hoodeddefender
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Playing all of my downloaded music

With the new update I can't Shuffle play all of my songs at the same time? I used to be able to just go in and play every song I had downloaded now it seems I have to make a playlist which it won't even let me choose from my downloaded music so I don...

• With the new update I can't Shuffle play all of my songs at the same time? I used to be able to just go in and play every song I had downloaded now it seems I have to make a playlist which it won't e...
  • hoodeddefender
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Saving Individual Songs On New Update

I am a Premium Family user. On the latest update, there is no option to save individual songs to my library. I can save whole albums, but I don't always want to save the entire album. I also don't want to just 'like' it. How do I save individual song...

• I am a Premium Family user. On the latest update, there is no option to save individual songs to my library. I can save whole albums, but I don't always want to save the entire album. I also don't wa...
  • thelibrarycat
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

The new Library UI signals a shift toward Spotify as a track platform at the expense of albums

As an album listener, the Recently Played list was the aspect of Spotify I used the most. If I discovered a song I liked through a playlist, I'd go through and play the album so that it saved to my Recently Played. This update rolled out on a Monday ...

• Casual Listener
  • As an album listener, the Recently Played list was the aspect of Spotify I used the most. If I discovered a song I liked through a playlist, I'd go through and play the album so that it sav...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Download when offline

PlanPremiumCountryIreland DeviceHuawei Y6 2018Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue Up until the most recent update I was able to click the download button for albums and podcasts with the do not download over cellular option selected in setti...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Ireland   Device Huawei Y6 2018 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue   Up until the most recent update I was able to click the downl...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Handy startet sich wegen Spotify immer wieder neu

Hallo erstmal,seit gut 2 Wochen startet mein Handy sich immer wieder neu,nach ungf 30 Sekunden. Erst als ich Spotify gelöscht habe hat es wieder normal funktioniert. Danach habe ich Spotify wieder heruntergeladen (es hat sich wieder die ganze Zeit ne...

• Hallo erstmal, seit gut 2 Wochen startet mein Handy sich immer wieder neu,nach ungf 30 Sekunden. Erst als ich Spotify gelöscht habe hat es wieder normal funktioniert. Danach habe ich Spotify wieder ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes