Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 41 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 41 likes

New Your Library view

Spotify has introduced a new version of Your Library to mobile users of the iOS and Android apps. Come on over to the main Community thread to get an overview of what's new and share your feedback: New Your Library view (iOS & Android)

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not opening on wileyfox swift

Hey guys, I have a wileyfox swift (the original one), and all of a sudden spotify won't open. It used to be absolutely fine, but now as soon as I click it it quits itself, as it would do if it were being updated. Wileyfox runs a custom version of and...

• Hey guys, I have a wileyfox swift (the original one), and all of a sudden spotify won't open. It used to be absolutely fine, but now as soon as I click it it quits itself, as it would do if it were b...
  • ReGr
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify always on my lock unknown always showing on my lock screen even when everything is shut down

I keep getting Spotify on my lock screen when it's not in use and I make sure the apps even close in my phone I got a Galaxy S8 it shows artist unknown song unknown and it has all the buttons to could play and pause I'm not using it is there a fix fo...

• I keep getting Spotify on my lock screen when it's not in use and I make sure the apps even close in my phone I got a Galaxy S8 it shows artist unknown song unknown and it has all the buttons to coul...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify on Galaxy Note 5

I'm not sure if this is an issue with the device itself or the Spotify app. When my cell syncs to the bluetooth of my car stereo, Spotify auto loads and starts playing. I can't find a setting where I can turn that off if possible. Thnx!

• Casual Listener
  • I'm not sure if this is an issue with the device itself or the Spotify app. When my cell syncs to the bluetooth of my car stereo, Spotify auto loads and starts playing. I can't find a setting where I...
  • Harlocck
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why are downloads happening when I'm not connected to WiFi?

I have my phone set to only download over WiFi yet sometimes I see it downloading over mobile. Why does it do that? It's taking a large chunk out of my monthly download limit, at times.

• Casual Listener
  • I have my phone set to only download over WiFi yet sometimes I see it downloading over mobile. Why does it do that? It's taking a large chunk out of my monthly download limit, at times.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify turning off after phonecall

Hello i have a little problem. When i use Spotify on Android Android listen music everything is fine but if someone call me And after this phone call aplication turn off permantly. What i can do to fix that?

• Hello i have a little problem. When i use Spotify on Android Android listen music everything is fine but if someone call me And after this phone call aplication turn off permantly. What i can do to f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to stop spotify opening on phone when using it with amazon echo

I have an amazon echo at home, connected to spotifyI have spotify installed on my mobile, and use android auto whilst commuting - but tend to listen to google musicWhen I'm driving in the car listening to something on google music, suddenly without w...

• I have an amazon echo at home, connected to spotify I have spotify installed on my mobile, and use android auto whilst commuting - but tend to listen to google music When I'm driving in the car li...
  • ml-au_9u3ghb8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Behind the Lyrics don't work

I get a new Spotify account one week ago, in my old account, my behind the lyrics was working perfectly but when a changed he's stoped and even with the option turned on, nothing works

• I get a new Spotify account one week ago, in my old account, my behind the lyrics was working perfectly but when a changed he's stoped and even with the option turned on,  nothing works
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music interrupted by other user

Hi all!There is an iOS topic about this, but it's also affecting more people, like me, on Android and I want to bring this issue under attention. What's happening is, I am listening to music in my car for example, and suddenly the music stops.. I loo...

• Music Fan
  • Hi all! There is an iOS topic about this, but it's also affecting more people, like me, on Android and I want to bring this issue under attention.    What's happening is, I am listening ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problema de almacenamiento extraño.

Buenas. Tengo un Samsung J7 prime El inconveniente es el siguiente:Alcanceno música en la tarjeta SD mediante la opción de la aplicación de "almacenar en tarjeta SD", y certificó que es así porque puedo ver lo descargado en la tarjeta. el tema es que...

•  Buenas.  Tengo un Samsung J7 prime   El inconveniente es el siguiente: Alcanceno música en la tarjeta SD  mediante la opción de la aplicación de "almacenar en tarjeta SD", y c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Previous songs I just listened to are not kept in queue

The play queue does not keep track of previous songs that I have listened to. For example, I listen to a song and it finishes so it starts playing the next song. I want to add the previous song to a playlist of mine. There is nowhere to access that s...

• Regular
  • The play queue does not keep track of previous songs that I have listened to. For example, I listen to a song and it finishes so it starts playing the next song. I want to add the previous song to a ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Stop Spotify on Android from sending notifications while the app isn't active

The problem I am experiencing is that, when listening on my PC, I get notifications on my smartwatch every time a song is paused, played or changed from my desktop, as this updates the control notification on my phone. This is incredibly annoying. My...

• Not applicable
  • The problem I am experiencing is that, when listening on my PC, I get notifications on my smartwatch every time a song is paused, played or changed from my desktop, as this updates the control notifi...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium Stops playing music

Hello! I have a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro, and have premium since 3 days, I have downloaded my lists, to listen in an airplane or walking around without streaming, so i have Spotify on "flight" mode without any conections. The thing is that after a son...

• Hello!   I have a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro, and have premium since 3 days,   I have downloaded my lists, to listen in an airplane or walking around without streaming, so i have Spotify o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Deja de sonar conectado por USB, pero se ve que sigue reproduciendo

Hola tengo un problema y es que pasados unos minutos, se deja de oír la música cuando enchufo el celular vía USB a un stereos pioneer con soporte para Android. Lo extraño, es que en la pantalla del celular la canción sigue reproduciendose. Es muy fru...

• Hola tengo un problema y es que pasados unos minutos, se deja de oír la música cuando enchufo el celular vía USB a un stereos pioneer con soporte para Android. Lo extraño, es que en la pantalla del c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Eliminar "volver a lo que te ha gustado"

Hola a todos soy nuevo en Spotify aunque tengo cuenta hace tiempo.Unas amigas estuvieron escuchando música en mi cuenta y ahora en el inicio me aparece una pestaña "Volver a lo que te ha gustado", hay algo a forma de sacarlo porque son canciones que ...

• Hola a todos soy nuevo en Spotify aunque tengo cuenta hace tiempo. Unas amigas estuvieron escuchando música en mi cuenta y ahora en el inicio me aparece una pestaña "Volver a lo que te ha gustado", ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify is downloading music using celluar data even though option is turned off.

I was browsing Christmas music on Spotify while using cellular data. I found a playlist and clicked the save option. Spotify immediately started downloading the music to my phone. This option is turned off on my phone. I have a Google pixel phone.

• I was browsing Christmas music on Spotify while using cellular data. I found a playlist and clicked the save option. Spotify immediately started downloading the music to my phone. This option is turn...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with downloading

Im using lg 4k andriod phone for spotify. Im a preium memeber and i hooked up my expanable memory by using a 64GB micro sd and now its saying ive reach my maxium downloads but when i go to my settings, it says ive only used 8.45 GB. Its really f**kin...

• Im using lg 4k andriod phone for spotify. Im a preium memeber and i hooked up my expanable memory by using a 64GB micro sd and now its saying ive reach my maxium downloads but when i go to my setting...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem Logging in with android

I keep getting logged out. I tryed updating the app and then uninstalling it and reinstalling it and it still doesnt work. Now im getting a message that says "Enjoying your trip? To listen abroad for more then 14 day, tell us where you are at spotify...

• Casual Listener
  • I keep getting logged out. I tryed updating the app and then uninstalling it and reinstalling it and it still doesnt work. Now im getting a message that says "Enjoying your trip? To listen abroad for...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist with online and offline files without downloading online ones

Hello, I created a playlist on Spotify Desktop. I first added my local files to this playlist.Afterwards, on my mobile phone I opened Spotify and began to download my local files from that playlist, to have them available for offline playing.Later I ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I created a playlist on Spotify Desktop. I first added my local files to this playlist. Afterwards, on my mobile phone I opened Spotify and began to download my local files from that...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Connection-Problems with Streaming & Bluetooth (Galaxy S7, Android 7.0)

Hello! I have some problems with my bluetooth-headphones: When I'm listening my ownloaded songs, everything works just fine. When I am streaming and listening with bluetooth, the songs stutter from time to time for 0,5 to 2 seconds. I am using a Sams...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello!    I have some problems with my bluetooth-headphones: When I'm listening my ownloaded songs, everything works just fine. When I am streaming and listening with bluetooth, the songs...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

No more access to Spotify Premium or any personal playlists on my Android phone

Hi,I am using Spotify for several years. It worked very well so far. But for few months now, I cannot find any of my playlists on my Android phone. I am a Spotify premium user but my phone seems not to connect to Spotify Premium. It always asks me if...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I am using Spotify for several years. It worked very well so far. But for few months now, I cannot find any of my playlists on my Android phone. I am a Spotify premium user but my phone seems no...
  • cvrigno
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes