Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 22 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 22 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • ryan886
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Album art missing on local files

When I add music to my local files, the music lacks album art. I added them manually through mp3tag. They work on neither Windows nor Android. What do I do to fix this?

• Visitor
  • When I add music to my local files, the music lacks album art. I added them manually through mp3tag. They work on neither Windows nor Android. What do I do to fix this?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops when using Polar A370 heart rate monitor

Devices: Samsung S7, bluetooh headphones, Polar A370 wrist heart monitor Problem: Spotify occasionally stops playing while I'm using bluetooth head phones during a workout. It's annoying, but closing the app and turning headphones off and on usually ...

• Devices: Samsung S7, bluetooh headphones, Polar A370 wrist heart monitor   Problem: Spotify occasionally stops playing while I'm using bluetooth head phones during a workout. It's annoying, bu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

explicit content button

I would like the option to remove the (report explicit content) button.I scroll to bottom to play song radio and hit this button by mistake. i dont wanna report any content and feel the option to remove this button should up to the user.btw love spot...

• I would like the option to remove the (report explicit content) button. I scroll to bottom to play song radio and hit this button by mistake. i dont wanna report any content and feel the option to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline downloads stuck at 0%

Hi, I'm unable to download any music offline on my Android device. The download stays at "0 of 1080 (0%)". Things I've tried:- Switching WiFi networks- Removing the cache- Reinstalling the app- Removing all offline devices from the account page All w...

• Visitor
  • Hi,   I'm unable to download any music offline on my Android device. The download stays at "0 of 1080 (0%)".   Things I've tried: - Switching WiFi networks - Removing the cache - Rei...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify does not work in my Moto M

I'm trying to use Spotify on my Moto M but whe I try to play a song it does not work, the only thing that appears is the name of the song and the pause button but id does not reproduce the song.

• I'm trying to use Spotify on my Moto M but whe I try to play a song it does not work, the only thing that appears is the name of the song and the pause button but id does not reproduce the song.
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I cant login to my samsung app

Hi all, I can't Login to my app account. I live in India at the moment so i tried to change the "country" from UK to India but i cant. The only option i can sellect is UK. Thanks in advance

• Hi all,    I can't Login to my app account. I live in India at the moment so i tried to change the "country" from UK to India but i cant. The only option i can sellect is UK.  &nbsp...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify freezes/stops playing music randomly on Google Pixel 2

Just switched to Pixel 2. Spotify would randomly skip songs or freeze. I've tried to reinstall twice and nothing seems to work. How do I fix this issue?

• Just switched to Pixel 2. Spotify would randomly skip songs or freeze. I've tried to reinstall twice and nothing seems to work. How do I fix this issue?
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Equalizer for Android

What happened to the Equalizer since the last Android update. Seems to be gone. Chatted with Spotify expert who told be to reinstall. Same issue after reinstall. Did it move?

• What happened to the Equalizer since the last Android update.  Seems to be gone.  Chatted with Spotify expert who told be to reinstall.  Same issue after reinstall.  Did it m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Widget

Whenever I close the application in the drawer the widget deletes the song that was playing. I think it's a shame because I really like the cover art of my favorite artists' albums. I would love that even terminating the app in any way the album cove...

• Visitor
  • Whenever I close the application in the drawer the widget deletes the song that was playing. I think it's a shame because I really like the cover art of my favorite artists' albums. I would love that...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung Gear Support - IconX earbuds

Does Spotify allows me to download music to and play from IconX earbuds? I have been trying to download music to my Gear IconX to no avail. IF not, does anyone know which streaming program allows music to be downloaded or sync with external HD on Sam...

• Does Spotify allows me to download music to and play from IconX earbuds?  I have been trying to download music to my Gear IconX to no avail.  IF not, does anyone know which streaming progra...
  • Mechabjornis
  • Casual Listener
  • 26 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 26 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Android phone and tracks keep pausing/stopping

I am on an S8 and have Spotify premium. Since the update yesterday(24th april) the music keeps pausing/stopping and I can find no reason for it. I have tried logging out, reinstalling and still the same. Tried all the forums, thought it was some batt...

• Casual Listener
  • I am on an S8 and have Spotify premium. Since the update yesterday(24th april) the music keeps pausing/stopping and I can find no reason for it. I have tried logging out, reinstalling and still the s...
  • Misssarahblue
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Disabling full screen artwork on the lockscreen

Is this even a possible? Back when I was using an iPhone, the artwork showed up in a small box (I can endure that) but on Android devices (currently OnePlus 5T) the situation is like this (check the attached file). Spotify just replaces my lockscreen...

• Is this even a possible? Back when I was using an iPhone, the artwork showed up in a small box (I can endure that) but on Android devices (currently OnePlus 5T) the situation is like this (check the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify app keeps popping up on its own

Using a GS3 with 4.2.2. Basically the spotify app keeps popping up for no good reason in many situations. I dont want the app to start up when I plug in my headphones. The app also opens up every time I unlock the phone from the lock screen. The most...

• Regular
  • Using a GS3 with 4.2.2. Basically the spotify app keeps popping up for no good reason in many situations. I dont want the app to start up when I plug in my headphones. The app also opens up every tim...
  • BigHead17
  • Casual Listener
  • 31 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 31 replies
  • 4 likes

2 devices 1 account

My wife has Spotify premium on her phone but when I log into her account on my phone it's not premium, it's still the free version. We don't play music at the same time but we don't like to use the same account. How do I have Spotify premium on more ...

• Visitor
  • My wife has Spotify premium on her phone but when I log into her account on my phone it's not premium, it's still the free version. We don't play music at the same time but we don't like to use the s...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Poor sound

Hi i hope someone can help me i am having a problum with the sound going up and down when i use spotify on my android phone any help would be great thank you.

• Hi i hope someone can help me i am having a problum with the sound going up and down when i use spotify on my android phone any help would be great thank you.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Implement an actual shuffle function

Shuffle isn't much of a shuffle if it plays your songs in the EXACT SAME ORDER EVERY TIME. Shuffle needs to reset its play order so it plays songs in playlists randomly vs. the same order every time.

• Shuffle isn't much of a shuffle if it plays your songs in the EXACT SAME ORDER EVERY TIME.  Shuffle needs to reset its play order so it plays songs in playlists randomly vs. the same order every...
  • LukeStevo
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Downloading new songs added to a playlist

I play my Spotify music by going to the playlist of all my favourite/chosen songs. I'm guessing it's a playlist on its own created by me clicking on the plus sign of a song to add it to my songs? The other day I signed up for premium and then downloa...

• I play my Spotify music by going to the playlist of all my favourite/chosen songs. I'm guessing it's a playlist on its own created by me clicking on the plus sign of a song to add it to my songs? The...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify no longer appearing on lock screen

Hi, I had to reset my password last night on my laptop. This morning I've had to log in again on my phone and now Spotify is not appearing on my lock screen or on the notifications bar at the top of my phone. I'm on a moto g 4, android v 7.0. ive che...

• Hi,   I had to reset my password last night on my laptop. This morning I've had to log in again on my phone and now Spotify is not appearing on my lock screen or on the notifications bar at th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I haven't deleted one of my playlists and i cant find it anywhere

A few minutes ago i was about to listen to music from my playlist, but i didn't find the playlist from anywhere. What does this mean... I haven't deleted it and earlier today it worked normally and i listened music from that playlist. Im very sad rog...

• Casual Listener
  • A few minutes ago i was about to listen to music from my playlist, but i didn't find the playlist from anywhere. What does this mean... I haven't deleted it and earlier today it worked normally and i...
  • cultoftheplaty
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to save to SD card

I can't save to my SD card. It worked for months and then stopped. I don't even have the option to choose my SD card in settings. I started out trying these steps https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/spotify-doesn-t-save-to-sd-card/m-p/874789#M32...

• Casual Listener
  • I can't save to my SD card. It worked for months and then stopped. I don't even have the option to choose my SD card in settings.    I started out trying these steps https://communit...
  • koreyk
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    save
    sd card
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes