Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Carter158
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 41 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 41 likes

New Your Library view

Spotify has introduced a new version of Your Library to mobile users of the iOS and Android apps. Come on over to the main Community thread to get an overview of what's new and share your feedback: New Your Library view (iOS & Android)

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

All my created playlist now say By Spotify

I tried to add a song to my playlist today, but once I clicked "Add to playlist" the only option was "Create New Plalist", even though I had 4-5 I had already created on the same account. I went to My Library, to playlists, but all MY created playlis...

• I tried to add a song to my playlist today, but once I clicked "Add to playlist" the only option was "Create New Plalist", even though I had 4-5 I had already created on the same account. I went to M...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify with poor sound quality in the Oneplus 5

I bought recently a Oneplus 5 and I noticed that Spotify have a poor sound quality in this device, although the quality is configured in the maximum. The music has no bass and the sound seems muffled.When I play the same music on Musicmatch (connecte...

• I bought recently a Oneplus 5 and I noticed that Spotify have a poor sound quality in this device, although the quality is configured in the maximum. The music has no bass and the sound seems muffled...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume fades in and out during play back on Samsung 7 edge

I have a Samsung edge 7 and Spotify fades when playing downloaded songs. Any assistance is much appreciated

• I have a Samsung edge 7 and Spotify fades when playing downloaded songs.  Any assistance  is much appreciated    
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify log out when handy was started new

My spotify logs me out when my handy was restartet and i cant log in i need to reinstall it, and then i need to download all my playlists again i use a sony xz Premium and when there is no chance to get the problem away i need to leave spotify cause ...

• Casual Listener
  • My spotify logs me out when my handy was restartet and i cant log in i need to reinstall it, and then i need to download all my playlists again i use a sony xz Premium and when there is no chance to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Download to SD-card

Heya folks! I am currently using an Android phone (Huawei Honor 8 Lite, don't know if that info is important or not...) and my problem is that the Spotify app doesn't recognize my Sd-Card and therefore will not display the option to chose where to st...

• Heya folks!   I am currently using an Android phone (Huawei Honor 8 Lite, don't know if that info is important or not...) and my problem is that the Spotify app doesn't recognize my Sd-Card an...
  • MountainSufi
  • Music Fan
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Controls in lock screen after installing android 8 oreo

I have nexus 5x and with android 7, just taking the phone (ambient display) I had Spotify controls and background with album art. Now with android 8 (oreo) this notification is an icon and I have to press twice to get the same controls as before. Thi...

• I have nexus 5x and with android 7, just taking the phone (ambient display)  I had Spotify controls and background with album art. Now with android 8 (oreo) this notification is an icon and I ha...
  • Hazel7
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!! Spotify Controls Disappear on Lock Screen After Pause

Samsung Galaxy S8 running Nougat (7.0).The Spotify controls disappear from my lock screen if I pause the track I'm listening to. I have power saving turned off for Spotify, notifications on for Spotify, and notifications on for my lock screen.What gi...

• Samsung Galaxy S8 running Nougat (7.0). The Spotify controls disappear from my lock screen if I pause the track I'm listening to. I have power saving turned off for Spotify, notifications on for Spo...
  • mkstvns
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    controls
    disappear
    nougat
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

I have problems with my account

Hi, I signed up for the family plan but I can not pick songs.

• Hi, I signed up for the family plan but I can not pick songs.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

American (8O00)274(9543) Airlines Phone Number Dial American Flights

American (8O00)274(9543) Airlines Phone Number Dial American Flights for flight booking US American (8O00)274(9543) Airlines Phone Number for reservations flight booking US Dial American Airlines Reservation Phone Number! Booking a flight in American...

• Casual Listener
  • American (8O00)274(9543) Airlines Phone Number Dial American Flights  for flight booking US American (8O00)274(9543) Airlines Phone Number for reservations flight booking US Dial American Air...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • american Airlines
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Is it possible to get the full-screen album art on my created playlist?

Not sure how long the full-screen album art has been around since i dont go into the spotify playlists too often but i saw it when visiting rap caviar last week, and just recently looking at my time capsule playlist. The full-screen album art looks s...

• Casual Listener
  • Not sure how long the full-screen album art has been around since i dont go into the spotify playlists too often but i saw it when visiting rap caviar last week, and just recently looking at my time ...
  • paul77309
  • 3 replies
  • 13 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 13 likes

Ok google, dosen't work propperly with Spotify, any suggestions?

Hello, so im a Nexus 6p user and i lately started using google asistant, and the thing is that whenever i tell it to play a certain song, lets say "Play Notorious BIG, Big Poppa on Spotify" it tells me "Sorry, choosing songs is only available to Spot...

• Hello, so im a Nexus 6p user and i lately started using google asistant, and the thing is that whenever i tell it to play a certain song, lets say "Play Notorious BIG, Big Poppa on Spotify" it tells ...
  • jagd700
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes

Get rid of the download switch

The download switch is visible at all times when in the library under songs. The risk is that if a user accidentally touches it, it removes your whole library of songs. Why can't the download switch be moved to the menu or someplace else where there ...

• Casual Listener
  • The download switch is visible at all times when in the library under songs. The risk is that if a user accidentally touches it, it removes your whole library of songs.   Why can't the downloa...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Mass download music?

If I get premium is it possible to get spotify on my phone download thousands of song (while on wifi at home), so I have access to them when I go to work without wifi? Or even pick all the playlist I want to download so I can listen to them later? I ...

• Casual Listener
  • If I get premium is it possible to get spotify on my phone download thousands of song (while on wifi at home), so I have access to them when I go to work without wifi?   Or even pick all the p...
  • Some1Else
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Behind the Lyrics doesn't work!

Hello everyone.I Want to share to all of you my issue, trying to resolve it since i really like the Behind the Lyrics feature.I noticed that on my Samsung Galaxy S8, updated to the latest version of Android 7.0 and on my LG G3 with, even his final An...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone. I Want to share to all of you my issue, trying to resolve it since i really like the Behind the Lyrics feature. I noticed that on my Samsung Galaxy S8, updated to the latest version...
  • andrea94
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • "ISSUE"
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Certain artists don't play on mobile

There are certain artists that I cannot play on the mobile version of spotify. They will play fine on my computer, but not on mobile. I press a song by them, and then it stops the song I'm listening to and gets rid of the song I'm listening to but al...

• There are certain artists that I cannot play on the mobile version of spotify. They will play fine on my computer, but not on mobile. I press a song by them, and then it stops the song I'm listening ...
  • mikeblessing
  • Roadie
  • 9 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 4 likes

Trouble with downloaded song in Android 7.0

Hello, i'm from to Argentina, if someone speaks spanish and would answer this post in spanish, i will be grateful. When i download the songs and i close de app, many songs are deleted and i need to download again. Anybody knows how can i solve this p...

• Hello, i'm from to Argentina, if someone speaks spanish and would answer this post in spanish, i will be grateful. When i download the songs and i close de app, many songs are deleted and i need to d...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play 99% of Ed sheeran's music

Hello my name is Patrick Premium user for years with no major problems till today.Using the mobile app on my xperia Z2. Problem faced since the newest update. Tried reinstalling with full cache clear and had no folder left in my memory named ".androi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello my name is Patrick   Premium user for years with no major problems till today. Using the mobile app on my xperia Z2. Problem faced since the newest update. Tried reinstalling with full ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Keeps Skipping

Spotify keeps skipping! It started shortly after upgrading to Android Nougat.It has nothing to do with my internet connection because it also happens with offline songs on airplane mode. You may be thinking it's the new battery saving feature. Nope, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify keeps skipping! It started shortly after upgrading to Android Nougat. It has nothing to do with my internet connection because it also happens with offline songs on airplane mode. You may be...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Incorrect avatar showing in Spotify Community profile

My avatar image does not appear in my profile here in the community forum: it is replaced with a sepia coloured seal with headphones.... why is this? That's not my image.

• Casual Listener
  • My avatar image does not appear in my profile here in the community forum: it is replaced with a sepia coloured seal with headphones.... why is this? That's not my image.     
  • chloegrice
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
    profile picture
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes