Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily mix

Hello i am a premium account . I have 3 daily mix and no one from those mixies are not refreshing. I have the same songs for week. What i can do for the mixies will change and refreshing the songs. On my libary i dont havd the option for daily mixies...

• Hello i am a premium account . I have 3 daily mix and no one from those mixies are not refreshing. I have the same songs for week. What i can do for the mixies will change and refreshing the songs. O...
  • SMuldoon
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Si eliminó caché se borran las playlist creadas?

HolaEs la duda que tengo. Desde hace tiempo tengo saturada la memoria de mi celular y necesito liberar espacio para que todo funcione bien. Si le doy click en configuración en "eliminar la caché y los datos guardados" se borra todo y me deja solo la ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hola Es la duda que tengo. Desde hace tiempo tengo saturada la memoria de mi celular y necesito liberar espacio para que todo funcione bien.  Si le doy click en configuración en "eliminar la c...
  • uvildo
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

p9 lite crash

ciao ragazi, ho l'abbonamento classico ma dopo l'ultimo aggiornamento ogni volta che blocco il cellulare si blocca. come posso risolvere? grazie

• ciao ragazi, ho l'abbonamento classico ma dopo l'ultimo aggiornamento ogni volta che blocco il cellulare si blocca. come posso risolvere? grazie
  • Giulio921
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android auto keeps forgetting that spotify is installed

For a couple of weeks, in most cases i get no option to play music via spotify. The only possibility to get it work is:a. To reboot the phone before connecting to the car.b. To "remind" AA that spotify is installed (via Apps for AA -> Playstore -> sp...

• Casual Listener
  • For a couple of weeks, in most cases i get no option to play music via spotify. The only possibility to get it work is: a. To reboot the phone before connecting to the car. b. To "remind" AA that spo...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Is it possible to get the full-screen album art on my created playlist?

Not sure how long the full-screen album art has been around since i dont go into the spotify playlists too often but i saw it when visiting rap caviar last week, and just recently looking at my time capsule playlist. The full-screen album art looks s...

• Casual Listener
  • Not sure how long the full-screen album art has been around since i dont go into the spotify playlists too often but i saw it when visiting rap caviar last week, and just recently looking at my time ...
  • paul77309
  • 3 replies
  • 13 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 13 likes

Local files error

I can't download the music files from my PC on my Android, because I always get a "Waiting to download" message. I already tried everything from the article, including moving the files to another playlist and reinstalling the app, but nothing solved ...

• I can't download the music files from my PC on my Android, because I always get a "Waiting to download" message. I already tried everything from the article, including moving the files to another pla...
  • b_lywelyn
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify will not connect to Google assistant on android

I go through the setup process and after clicking log in on the screen after selecting spotify, am taken to a blank page. I'm on a Samsung Note 8 and have spotify premium. I'm going to cancel spotify and move to Google play if this won't work.

• I go through the setup process and after clicking log in on the screen after selecting spotify, am taken to a blank page.    I'm on a Samsung Note 8 and have spotify premium.  &nbsp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify falla cuando se abre por segunda vez

Me suscribi a premium despues de un tiempo en un nuevo celular, y cuando instale el spotify aparentemente todo iba bien pero cuando pulsaba casa en android y volvia a abrir la aplicacion esta solo reproducia la musica en la que estaba y ya no reaccio...

• Me suscribi a premium despues de un tiempo en un nuevo celular, y cuando instale el spotify aparentemente todo iba bien pero cuando pulsaba casa en android y volvia a abrir la aplicacion esta solo re...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Username/password doesnt match

I can't login to my account as it keeps on showing "username/password doesnt match", I've tried many options but nothing is working. Changed the password a dozen times still doesn't work . Someone please help

• I can't login to my account as it keeps on showing "username/password doesnt match", I've tried many options but nothing is working. Changed the password a dozen times still doesn't work . Someone pl...
  • KaliJ
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Last several versions of Spotify don't work

The Spotify Android app has not worked for at least the last 4-5 versions, if not more. Originally, the app would open to a dark gray screen, then a "Spotify is not responding" dialog would come up. With the current version and the most recent previo...

• Casual Listener
  • The Spotify Android app has not worked for at least the last 4-5 versions, if not more.  Originally, the app would open to a dark gray screen, then a "Spotify is not responding" dialog would com...
  • Teraforce88
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

App closing when phone locked

Hi! Whenever I lock my phone or it goes to sleep the Spotify app just kills itself. I've gone through all my permissions to find anything that might be blocking it, I've done a clean uninstall and reinstall, I've been through my Avast Security and Ba...

• Hi! Whenever I lock my phone or it goes to sleep the Spotify app just kills itself. I've gone through all my permissions to find anything that might be blocking it, I've done a clean uninstall and re...
  • Gseguierjc
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Google Home and Spotify

Starting last night, I have noticed a problem with my Google Home and playing from Spotify. Whenever I play something from my phone (Samsung S8+) on my Google Home, it plays... as long as I don't touch ANYTHING on my phone. If I try to control my mus...

• Starting last night, I have noticed a problem with my Google Home and playing from Spotify. Whenever I play something from my phone (Samsung S8+) on my Google Home, it plays... as long as I don't tou...
  • donniec
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

boton no me gusta

habia terminado mi playlist y luego comenzaron a salirme canciones de sugerencias, de las que salen con un boton pulgar arriba y el de pulgar abajo, dislike, no me gusta, etc.Me paso que hubo una cancion que me gusto mucho, y por accidente con el sue...

• Regular
  • habia terminado mi playlist y luego comenzaron a salirme canciones de sugerencias, de las que salen con un boton pulgar arriba y el de pulgar abajo, dislike, no me gusta, etc. Me paso que hubo una c...
  • mervalls
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 7 likes

Spotify Connect switches to phone automatically

OK this isn't a major problem but it is kind of annoying... I've found that often when I'm listening to the desktop version of Spotify on my laptop, if I open Spotify on my Android phone (e.g. so I can download tracks to an offline playlist on the ph...

• Gig Goer
  • OK this isn't a major problem but it is kind of annoying... I've found that often when I'm listening to the desktop version of Spotify on my laptop, if I open Spotify on my Android phone (e.g. so I c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Help with new phone

My daughter and I use spotify premium on our phones, I crushed my phone now I logged in on my new phone and it's like I don't have the premium and my playlists are gone

• My daughter and I use spotify premium on our phones, I crushed my phone now I logged in on my new phone and it's like I don't have the premium and my playlists are gone
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't login on the app (Facebook or username)

Hi guys, for some reason my app logged me out. When I went back to log in it says a Facebook error has occurred. So I uninstalled the app and removed it from facebook when I tried again it got to the page where it showed " continue as dom" I tried to...

• Hi guys, for some reason my app logged me out. When I went back to log in it says a Facebook error has occurred. So I uninstalled the app and removed it from facebook when I tried again it got to the...
  • Joelfaustrilla
  • 20 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Updating an Off Line playlist

Question for Spotify Premium users: If you marked a list as 'listen off line,' I'm to understand that Spotify downloads all those songs into an encrypted cache that your app could access without having to be online. But now what if you start adding m...

• Roadie
  • Question for Spotify Premium users: If you marked a list as 'listen off line,' I'm to understand that Spotify downloads all those songs into an encrypted cache that your app could access without havi...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Ajustez le volume pour votre environnement ?

Bonjour,Dans les préférénces Android, il y a une option "Volume" avec une description "Ajustez le volume pour votre environnement". Ca veut dire quoi ? Impossible de trouver une réponse sur Internet ! Quelle sera la différence si je met "élevé" au li...

• Casual Listener
  • Bonjour, Dans les préférénces Android, il y a une option "Volume" avec une description "Ajustez le volume pour votre environnement". Ca veut dire quoi ? Impossible de trouver une réponse sur Interne...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Moto g5s plus low volume

Hi, i got this new phone and when y plug it into mi car it sounds loud and well for about 2 seconds, then the app pauses itsefls and when i play again the volume is low. I have read another thread where this happened to a Samsung galaxy S4 and it got...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, i got this new phone and when y plug it into mi car it sounds loud and well for about 2 seconds, then the app pauses itsefls and when i play again the volume is low. I have read another thread wh...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

(Android) Spotify Cutting Out Randomly

Hey all. So recently this thing started up where the song I'm listening to will cut out for a split second every now and then, sometimes it does it to a point where a couple seconds of the song is just silent. I noticed that this seems to only happen...

• Regular
  • Hey all.   So recently this thing started up where the song I'm listening to will cut out for a split second every now and then, sometimes it does it to a point where a couple seconds of the s...
  • ioondidon
  • Casual Listener
  • 24 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 24 replies
  • 19 likes