Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Storage problem at SD and now the switch option is missing

First of all I was having problems to download playlist at the SD storage doing all the recommend things like format and clean my SD and reinstalling the app but nothing worked The app just say that the whole playlist is ready and all the green butto...

• First of all I was having problems to download playlist at the SD storage doing all the recommend things like format and clean my SD and reinstalling the app but nothing worked  The app just sa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

New phone lost playlists

I got a new phone and I can log in but I can't find playlists and it deleted my premium status

• I got a new phone and I can log in but I can't find playlists and it deleted my premium status
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify opens by itself on my phone

I have Spotify on my phone and on my Samsung Gear S2. Spotify constantly opens up by itself on my phone. My gear is connected by Bluetooth with my phone. I don't know if its caused by my Gear S2, or Spotify on my phone. Spotify sometimes opens up whe...

• I have Spotify on my phone and on my Samsung Gear S2. Spotify constantly opens up by itself on my phone. My gear is connected by Bluetooth with my phone. I don't know if its caused by my Gear S2, or ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't play next song when streaming with Normal Quality

After the last update i did, suddenly spotify stopped playing the next song. I've been playing with my settings and it appears that the one setting that has consistently triggered this bug is when i have the Streaming Quality set to Normal. The behav...

• Casual Listener
  • After the last update i did, suddenly spotify stopped playing the next song. I've been playing with my settings and it appears that the one setting that has consistently triggered this bug is when i ...
  • ml-spotify
  • Casual Listener
  • 13 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 3 likes

Randomly deleting tracks and downloading on mobile

Like many users here it seems, about once a week my Android Spotify app loses all of the albums I have marked for offline download. Sometimes it forgets entirely that they were ever downloaded and installed have to toggle offline back on for each one...

• Like many users here it seems, about once a week my Android Spotify app loses all of the albums I have marked for offline download. Sometimes it forgets entirely that they were ever downloaded and in...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No matter what I do, my playlists WON'T DOWNLOAD!

Hi! I have this annoying problem with my Spotify. It wont let me download my playlists? I have reinstalled it several times, cancel the download again and again, tried the beta version, removed other playlists that might have effected it, removed son...

• Regular
  • Hi! I have this annoying problem with my Spotify. It wont let me download my playlists? I have reinstalled it several times, cancel the download again and again, tried the beta version, removed ...
  • Nifaal1
  • 155 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 155 replies
  • 26 likes

Spotify Connect does not work on Android with D-Link DCH-M225

Hello,I am unable to stream music from Android devices using Spotify Connect. It works fine on IOS (iPad), but when I try to stream music from any Android phone, it cannot see any supported devices.I am connected to the same wifi network with all dev...

• Hello, I am unable to stream music from Android devices using Spotify Connect. It works fine on IOS (iPad), but when I try to stream music from any Android phone, it cannot see any supported devices...
  • Tonilo
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify plays and pauses infinintely on Bluetooth

I have a problem with Spotify when using Bluetooth. I have an Asus Padfone 2 and when it's connected via BT, Spotify keeps on pausing and playing (basically switching between this every second) while the normal Android music player is functioning fin...

• Regular
  • I have a problem with Spotify when using Bluetooth.   I have an Asus Padfone 2 and when it's connected via BT, Spotify keeps on pausing and playing (basically switching between this every se...
  • Cwbrun
  • 14 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 3 likes

bluetooth resume creates hitches

When using my bluetooth headset with the Windows desktop Spotify application and I pause and resume music [by using the button on the headset], the music starts hitching. This doesn't occur when manually pausing and resuming. I use a sennheiser momen...

• When using my bluetooth headset with the Windows desktop Spotify application and I pause and resume music [by using the button on the headset], the music starts hitching. This doesn't occur when manu...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist descobertas da semana

Boa tarde. Estou com o seguinte inconveniente acontecenedo, quando fiz o cadastro do spotify eu tinha uma foto de perfil junto com minha ex-namorada, sempre na pagina Inicial do app mostra as sugestões de playlists, e uma delas a "descobertas da sema...

• Boa tarde. Estou com o seguinte inconveniente acontecenedo, quando fiz o cadastro do spotify eu tinha uma foto de perfil junto com minha ex-namorada, sempre na pagina Inicial do app mostra as sugestõ...
  • DavidMacario
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

No more access to Spotify Premium or any personal playlists on my Android phone

Hi,I am using Spotify for several years. It worked very well so far. But for few months now, I cannot find any of my playlists on my Android phone. I am a Spotify premium user but my phone seems not to connect to Spotify Premium. It always asks me if...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I am using Spotify for several years. It worked very well so far. But for few months now, I cannot find any of my playlists on my Android phone. I am a Spotify premium user but my phone seems no...
  • cvrigno
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Mobile playing songs NOT on spotify

Hi, I've noticed something interesting on Spotify for Android (and maybe iOS as well): On my desktop I have downloaded a couple songs of YouTube and those are placed in a Music folder. I've added this folder to Spotify so I can play those songs throu...

• Hi,   I've noticed something interesting on Spotify for Android (and maybe iOS as well):   On my desktop I have downloaded a couple songs of YouTube and those are placed in a Music fold...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Now playing not showing up on lock screen

So at some point during an update my now playing (forward/pause/reverse) doesnt show up on my lock screen. It used to which is handy for switching between songs without having to unlock your phone.Is this an update problem? Can I uninstall spotify an...

• So at some point during an update my now playing (forward/pause/reverse) doesnt show up on my lock screen. It used to which is handy for switching between songs without having to unlock your phone. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No sound through headphones

music will play though my speakers with no problem, but whenever I try to listen through headphones, there is no sound. the only time music plays is when I voice wake up Bixby on my S8 and music plays for a split second.

• music will play though my speakers with no problem, but whenever I try to listen through headphones, there is no sound. the only time music plays is when I voice wake up Bixby on my S8 and music play...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[All Platforms] Alphabetical playlist sorting options

I got my android phone out of my pokket and launching the Spotify app. My ears wanted to hear the old songs the used to so i pushed the home button and i cant find the Timecapsule folder the only thing i see is because you listen to hiphop these play...

• I got my android phone out of my pokket and launching the Spotify app. My ears wanted to hear the old songs the used to so i pushed the home button and i cant find the Timecapsule folder the only thi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stops when video plays

HelloSince a few days the musics stops when a video a or a gif plays. For example when I am on 9gag. Befor it was only on youtube and it was very usful and the music started playing again afterwards. Now This is gone.Is there a option to enable stopp...

• Hello Since a few days the musics stops when a video a or a gif plays. For example when I am on 9gag. Befor it was only on youtube and it was very usful and the music started playing again afterward...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline mode with wifi - wont let me browse songs

Hey thereJust got a Google Pixel 2. On my previous phone (iPhone 6) I was able to browse spotifys libraries in offline mode. I turned off the data to the app and used to just run it off my wifi. However, with my new phone I am unable to browse their ...

• Hey there Just got a Google Pixel 2. On my previous phone (iPhone 6) I was able to browse spotifys libraries in offline mode. I turned off the data to the app and used to just run it off my wifi. Ho...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to make a offline song become online song again

Hi,i was wondering.When i make a song online again by making the green simbol desapear off the song, the spotfy automaticly delete this song from my phone or not ?I'm close to reach 100% of the space in my phone so i need to know to start make some s...

• Hi,i was wondering. When i make a song online again by making the green simbol desapear off the song, the spotfy automaticly delete this song from my phone or not ? I'm close to reach 100% of the s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

All my saved songs disapear

Yesterday I downloaded all my songs , today in the morning when I was about to hear my music all of them disapear , the only one were the ones I passed from my cellphone , but when I play a playlist and a song that I know I saved it says it save , bu...

• Casual Listener
  • Yesterday I downloaded all my songs , today in the morning when I was about to hear my music all of them disapear , the only one were the ones I passed from my cellphone , but when I play a playlist ...
  • doom404
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes