Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Noise at beginning of tracks.

I'm experiencing an audible burst of noise at the beginning of each track. when casting Spotify from my Android phone to a hifi amplifier. Casting flac and mp3 files are unaffected. Similarly casting Spotify from my Windows 10 desktop via the Chrome ...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm experiencing an audible burst of noise at the beginning of each track.   when casting Spotify from my Android phone to a hifi amplifier. Casting flac and mp3 files are unaffected. Simil...
  • phice_2000
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

See downloaded but not saved music

Hello, I have downloaded several albums onto my phone in the last year which I didn't save to my Spotify library. Is there a way to see a list of these? Some I would like to save to my library now. I can filter to see downloaded files but it only sho...

• Hello, I have downloaded several albums onto my phone in the last year which I didn't save to my Spotify library. Is there a way to see a list of these? Some I would like to save to my library now. I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Play Queue is missing 'REMOVE' button

I have an aneroid phone. I have had spotify for over a year so I know that I can skip songs through the queue, but what happened to the 'REMOVE' button in the queue? All it's doing now is highlighting the songs grey. I also recently updated the app.

• Regular
  • I have an aneroid phone. I have had spotify for over a year so I know that I can skip songs through the queue, but what happened to the 'REMOVE' button in the queue? All it's doing now is highlightin...
  • anna3321
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't find discover weekly

I used to always find it on my froint page but never used it. Now i'n interested but i can't find it anywhere. I tried search and still can't find it. How can i fix this problem?

• I used to always find it on my froint page but never used it. Now i'n interested but i can't find it anywhere. I tried search and still can't find it. How can i fix this problem?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Problemas con mi cuenta

Mi cuenta cierra sesión en mi celular Android Moto G4 y cuando me pide continuar con la sesión mis canciones descargadas fueron eliminadas, no puedo reproducirlas en offline, ya intenté reinstalar la app, borre mis diapositivos offline y volví a acti...

• Mi cuenta cierra sesión en mi celular Android Moto G4 y cuando me pide continuar con la sesión mis canciones descargadas fueron eliminadas, no puedo reproducirlas en offline, ya intenté reinstalar la...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify undownloads my songs randomly

Hello all, I'm in need of your urgent help guys.I've been using spotify for one year, everything was fine until yesterday. Strangely all my songs were undowloaded by the app. I redownloaded them and again they have been undownloaded.... Does anybody ...

• Hello all,   I'm in need of your urgent help guys. I've been using spotify for one year, everything was fine until yesterday. Strangely all my songs were undowloaded by the app. I redownloade...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Wachtrij is niet zichtbaar

De optie om de wachtrij te zien is voor mij niet zichtbaar. Telefoon is Samsung Galaxy S7 edge. Weet iemand wellicht hoe dit kan?

• De optie om de wachtrij te zien is voor mij niet zichtbaar. Telefoon is Samsung Galaxy S7 edge. Weet iemand wellicht hoe dit kan?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Home Page not working

All the other features work except the home page. Whenever I go to home page, it says "Sorry, something went wrong.That didn't work. Please have another go." I've tried logging out, cleared data and cache, reinstalled the app. But all of the solution...

• All the other features work except the home page. Whenever I go to home page, it says "Sorry, something went wrong.That didn't work. Please have another go." I've tried logging out, cleared data and ...
  • CarlosESierra
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Angemeldet bleiben

Hallo liebe Community, Habe mein Smartphone auf den Werkszustand zurückgesetzt und Spotify daher neu installieren müssen. Seither muss ich mich jedesmal neu anmelden wenn ich die App öffne... Dieses Problem hatte ich vorher nicht. Weiß jmd wie ich da...

• Hallo liebe Community,   Habe mein Smartphone auf den Werkszustand zurückgesetzt und Spotify daher neu installieren müssen. Seither muss ich mich jedesmal neu anmelden wenn ich die App öffne.....
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

Huge amount of data being consumed by Spotify

I am using the Motorola G4 Plus (Android 7.0) with Spotify Premium installed. This past billing cycle, within 3 weeks, the app has consumed 3.37 GB of data. I still have a week to go before the data counter reset. It has never been this large before....

• Casual Listener
  • I am using the Motorola G4 Plus (Android 7.0) with Spotify Premium installed. This past billing cycle, within 3 weeks, the app has consumed 3.37 GB of data. I still have a week to go before the data ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify deleted my music (again)

This is at least the 10th time that my Spotify has deleted all of my downloaded music from my Samsung A3 smartphone. Its honestly really anoying! The app remembers the artists I follow but somehow deletes the 9+ GB of music I have downloaded. Every t...

• This is at least the 10th time that my Spotify has deleted all of my downloaded music from my Samsung A3 smartphone. Its honestly really anoying! The app remembers the artists I follow but somehow de...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded music

I’m new to this. I don’t get it. Android phone with the premium version. I download songs and try to play them offline. Sometimes I can do it but if I wait too long after downloading inevitably they show as not downloaded and have to be again. Then I...

• Casual Listener
  • I’m new to this. I don’t get it. Android phone with the premium version. I download songs and try to play them offline. Sometimes I can do it but if I wait too long after downloading inevitably they ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music skips, pauses randomly when headphone on

My Spotify will randomly skip songs, and pause the current song when I have headphones in my ear. Most times it is when I place the phone into my pocket or when I am walking.I have tired a clean reset (uninstall, reinstall). This problem has only occ...

•   My Spotify will randomly skip songs, and pause the current song when I have headphones in my ear.  Most times it is when I place the phone into my pocket or when I am walking. I have ti...
  • TheVicArmyYT
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Can't Find Daily Mix, Usual Workarounds Not Working

I have been a Spotify Premium user for a little over a month. Since the beginning of my subscription, I've been interested in what my Daily Mixes would look like. After some searching through the Help section of the Spotify website, I found that my D...

• I have been a Spotify Premium user for a little over a month. Since the beginning of my subscription, I've been interested in what my Daily Mixes would look like. After some searching through the Hel...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"Watch now" button rarely shows when the "30 minutes of ad-free music" sound byte comes on

Hello Spotify Android Team, On my Android Samsung Galaxy S5, the button referenced by the "Tap now to receive 30 minutes of ad free music... no really, tap now and you'll receive 30 minutes of add free music" sound byte rarely shows.In an effort to g...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello Spotify Android Team,   On my Android Samsung Galaxy S5, the button referenced by the "Tap now to receive 30 minutes of ad free music... no really, tap now and you'll receive 30 min...
  • FrankensteinTJ
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

SD location directory listed in App is NOT my SD card storage

I've been trying to figure out why I ahven't been able to save onto my SD card. I've had it selected, I've done clean deletions and reinstalls, I've given storage permissions, double checked sd storage type, etc etc... still, it has always saved onto...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been trying to figure out why I ahven't been able to save onto my SD card. I've had it selected, I've done clean deletions and reinstalls, I've given storage permissions, double checked sd stora...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! songs are not in correct order

the songs in different albums are not in correct order. It´s particular bad, when I listen a audiobook (for instance: jussi adler olsen - Take over). The problem exists also in playlists.Please fix it!best regards

• Casual Listener
  • the songs in different albums are not in correct order. It´s particular bad, when I listen a audiobook (for instance: jussi adler olsen - Take over). The problem exists also in playlists. Please fix...
  • alfredpur
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing random songs I've never heard of

Hi there, just trying out Spotify free on Android deviceand wondering if anyone can tell me if this is normal? I create a playlist comprising of an album, lets say Elbow in this case. I start to play and its only shuffle as I understand on free which...

• Hi there, just trying out Spotify free on Android deviceand wondering if anyone can tell me if this is normal?   I create a playlist comprising of an album, lets say Elbow in this case. I star...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Account suddenly logs out

So hi i'm new here.My problem is every hour or so my spotify in my phone automatically logs out, i didnt do anything it justs logs out and everytime it logs out and i log in all of my downloaded songs are gone they are not downloaded just saved. Than...

• Casual Listener
  • So hi i'm new here. My problem is every hour or so my spotify in my phone automatically logs out, i didnt do anything it justs logs out and everytime it logs out and i log in all of my downloaded so...
  • Moyortega7
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Extra files in playlist made of local files

Hi,I've made a playlist from my local files and everything seems to look ok on my computer, but when I look at the same playlist on my phone there are some extra gray files that I can't delete. I've tried reinstalling the app but it keeps showing up ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I've made a playlist from my local files and everything seems to look ok on my computer, but when I look at the same playlist on my phone there are some extra gray files that I can't delete. I'v...
  • casablanca6
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes