Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes

New Your Library view

Spotify has introduced a new version of Your Library to mobile users of the iOS and Android apps. Come on over to the main Community thread to get an overview of what's new and share your feedback: New Your Library view (iOS & Android)

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to stream local music to Chromecast Audio

I synced a few tracks from my pc to my android spotify app as instructed, but when playing those songs in the app, the chromecast option is greyed out. As soon as I switch to a song that I stream from spotify, I can play it on chromecast. Similarly, ...

• Regular
  • I synced a few tracks from my pc to my android spotify app as instructed, but when playing those songs in the app, the chromecast option is greyed out. As soon as I switch to a song that I stream fro...
  • eriknjoo
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

HTC One N7 Nougat - Music stops on screenlock

Just that, really annoying. Permissions all OK. Just started doing it last night.

• Casual Listener
  • Just that, really annoying. Permissions all OK. Just started doing it last night.
  • ViktoriaB
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

syncing to facebook

I'm getting a error message that says I am already synced to a account on FB. How do I remove that so I can sync my Spotify to fb ??

• Casual Listener
  • I'm getting a error message that says I am already synced to a account on FB. How do I remove that so I can sync my Spotify to fb ??
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify premium Android

Se me quito Spotify premium derrepente, estaba escuchando música y voy a recoger algo y ya no tenia premium

• Se me quito Spotify premium derrepente, estaba escuchando música y voy a recoger algo y ya no tenia premium
  • RodrigoPalma
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Suggested songs

I have an account with Spotify. How do stop Spotify from interrupting a playlist I created with suggested songs?

• Casual Listener
  • I have an account with Spotify.  How do stop Spotify from interrupting a playlist I created with suggested songs?  
  • Fenwol
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot connect to Yamaha WX030

If I startet Spotify (from Android or Windows) I see my Speaker in the devicelist. If I try to connect them I see the message "connecting". After about 30 seconds this operation stops without any message and no connection.I've updated the Speaker to ...

• Casual Listener
  • If I startet Spotify (from Android or Windows) I see my Speaker in the devicelist. If I try to connect them I see the message "connecting". After about 30 seconds this operation stops without any mes...
  • MEA707
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Usar spotify en segundo plano

Hola que tal tengo un problema, cada vez que abro otra app con el spotify reproduciendo, automaticamente el spotify se cierra, hay alguna solucion para este problema?

• Hola que tal tengo un problema, cada vez que abro otra app con el spotify reproduciendo, automaticamente el spotify se cierra, hay alguna solucion para este problema?
  • kacomanya
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Unable to reinstall via Play store, getting error code 497

Long story short: Spotify on my NVIDIA Shield Tablet K1 was being sluggish, seemingly some kind of connection issue. Spotify was being fine on other devices (iPhone 6 and MBP). Other network connections were perfectly fine (i.e. the problem was most ...

• Regular
  • Long story short: Spotify on my NVIDIA Shield Tablet K1 was being sluggish, seemingly some kind of connection issue. Spotify was being fine on other devices (iPhone 6 and MBP). Other network connecti...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Mood Player Test User Sign-Up

Hi, For a school project we are developing an android application that plays music based on the user’s taste and mood. For our prototype we are looking for spotify premium users who are willing to test our application for two weeks and then fill in a...

• Not applicable
  • Hi,   For a school project we are developing an android application that plays music based on the user’s taste and mood. For our prototype we are looking for spotify premium users who are wi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't play newly added songs on playlist

I added new songs to my playlist, and it is visible that they have been added because the names are in the playlist, but when I play the playlist, only old songs will play. None of the new ones. Some songs include "No favors" Big Sean, and "I Spy" Sk...

• I added new songs to my playlist, and it is visible that they have been added because the names are in the playlist, but when I play the playlist, only old songs will play. None of the new ones. Some...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded music to device count exceeded

Im aware this is an issue that many people are having, so instead of highjacking someone elses post, ive made my own. Yesterday I started having issues with my downloaded content disappearing. After a cache delete and app re-install, I now get the er...

• Casual Listener
  • Im aware this is an issue that many people are having, so instead of highjacking someone elses post, ive made my own.    Yesterday I started having issues with my downloaded content disap...
  • Gerothin
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App wants total control

Something has changed in this app. When I stop a song, I noticed that the next time the phone connects to my car stereo, or bluetooth headphones at work, it automatically starts playing again. If I clear the app from "recent items", that does not sto...

• Casual Listener
  • Something has changed in this app.  When I stop a song, I noticed that the next time the phone connects to my car stereo, or bluetooth headphones at work, it automatically starts playing again. ...
  • ethannwu
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline device count after update

My offline music keeps getting removed after spotify updates. It happened randomly before, but recently it was specific to the update. I noticed that the "allowed offline device" was filled with my android phone at a week apart or so (perfectly match...

• Casual Listener
  • ...his issue seems close to this other one https://community.spotify.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/spotifyandroid/page/1/thread-id/59595, I don't think it's the same.
  • Ibonsall14
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    bug report
    Offline Devices
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution ALL music keeps disappearing

Hi, I keep finding that ALL the music I have downloaded is no longer downloaded and I have to go through the whole process again. This is happening regularly and I am getting mighty bored with it now.Please can Spotify explain what is going on and ho...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I keep finding that ALL the music I have downloaded is no longer downloaded and I have to go through the whole process again. This is happening regularly and I am getting mighty bored with it now...
  • blueloublou
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Almacenamiento

En mi aplicación de Spotify NO me da la opción de poder cambiar el almacenamiento a una SD externa.Como soluciono eso?Tengo un Android

• En mi aplicación de Spotify NO me da la opción de poder cambiar el almacenamiento a una SD externa. Como soluciono eso? Tengo un Android
  • MonicaM_Bogota
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music missing

I am a paid Spotify premium subscriber. is there a limit on how many songs you can have in your library? I have about 400 and I keep noticing that songs are missing, so I have to go back and add them. This is a problem because I am not aware that the...

• I am a paid Spotify premium subscriber. is there a limit on how many songs you can have in your library? I have about 400 and I keep noticing that songs are missing, so I have to go back and add them...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Volume fluctuates

The volume on my Spotify gets really quiet then loud again. I tried messing with the sound settings and nothing works. I cant stand to listen to it anymore. I have a Galaxy S6 edge.

• The volume on my Spotify gets really quiet then loud again. I tried messing with the sound settings and nothing works. I cant stand to listen to it anymore. I have a Galaxy S6 edge.
  • RodrigoPalma
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Pandora Premium better?

I think Pandora Premium might be better than Spotify on Android right now. On iOS? No. Follow with me here: Negatives to Pandora Premium currently:-No local files (coming?)-No desktop/web (coming soon)-no queue (coming)-don't have ALL the music Spoti...

• Roadie
  • I think Pandora Premium might be better than Spotify on Android right now. On iOS? No.   Follow with me here:   Negatives to Pandora Premium currently: -No local files (coming?) -No d...
  • Tom_Neverwinter
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes