Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • AFCM6456
  • Casual Listener
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded Music does not appear so / No Offline

On my Samsung Galaxy J3 I use the premium version. I have quite a bit of music downloaded. I recently had to soft reset my phone for a separate reason. When I rebooted it, I could no longer play music offline. Every song I had downloaded appears to b...

• On my Samsung Galaxy J3 I use the premium version. I have quite a bit of music downloaded. I recently had to soft reset my phone for a separate reason. When I rebooted it, I could no longer play musi...
  • coalminecanary
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Some music not playing

Hi there! I've been trying to listen to Justin Timberlake on both my android mobile device and on my windows laptop. However, none of songs seem to be working. It does seem to only be his songs however as everything else is working normally! I have s...

• Hi there! I've been trying to listen to Justin Timberlake on both my android mobile device and on my windows laptop. However, none of songs seem to be working. It does seem to only be his songs howev...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

AUTOPLAY

Dear Spotify. Today was THEE LAST DAY I put up with your auto play on my phone while connected to the bluetooth in my car. I know £15.00 pm is not a lot of money to a big company like yourself, nevertheless, I will be cancelling my subscription with ...

• Dear Spotify.   Today was THEE LAST DAY I put up with your auto play on my phone while connected to the bluetooth in my car. I know £15.00 pm is not a lot of money to a big company like yourse...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

I bought premium but it's not working

I bought premium but I can't use it. my Spotify still look like a free acc

• I bought premium but I can't use it. my Spotify still look like a free acc 
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't sync Spotify account to Touchtunes

I was having a looping issue trying to sync my Spotify account to my Touchtunes account at a local bar. I was using my android phone and both of the services (Spotify and Touchtunes) were apps downloaded from the Google Play Store. I was unsuccessful...

• I was having a looping issue trying to sync my Spotify account to my Touchtunes account at a local bar.  I was using my android phone and both of the services (Spotify and Touchtunes) were apps ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Music stops when I move

Hello, I've had this problem for a while now. Every time I listen to Spotify music on my android phone with earphones, the music regularly stops whenever I move or try to, for example, put my phone in my pocket. I've tried switching earphones, same p...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,  I've had this problem for a while now. Every time I listen to Spotify music on my android phone with earphones, the music regularly stops whenever I move or try to, for example, put my ...
  • coalminecanary
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Display size on Android tablet?

Is there a way to get the app to use the entire screen for display as opposed to phone size? I'm using Lenovo Yoga.

• Casual Listener
  • Is there a way to get the app to use the entire screen for display as opposed to phone size? I'm using Lenovo Yoga. 
  • destinie_6ca
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't choose songs on Android App anymore? (Premium subscriber)

I am subscribed to Spotify Premium (Student) and have my playlists downloaded on the android app on my Galaxy S8 (set to offline mode) so I don't burn through my data. I noticed yesterday that the app layout looks different, so it has been updated. M...

• I am subscribed to Spotify Premium (Student) and have my playlists downloaded on the android app on my Galaxy S8 (set to offline mode) so I don't burn through my data. I noticed yesterday that the ap...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Downloaded File Location on Android

Hi, Where are the playlist/downlods stored on an Android (S3 Mini)? I have downloaded a playlist, which I then deleted on the desktop version. When I go back in Spotify on Android, it's no longer there but not sure if the files remain, so I want to l...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Where are the playlist/downlods stored on an Android (S3 Mini)?   I have downloaded a playlist, which I then deleted on the desktop version.   When I go back in Spotify on A...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Album cover On lockscreen

Can someone please help me I can't get album covers to display on my lock screen.I'm using an Oppo R9 plus.

• Can someone please help me I can't get album covers to display on my lock screen. I'm using an Oppo R9 plus.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Restarted phone, offline mode, unable to login.

Phone updated, restarted and trying to launch spotify app. On login, get " You are currently set to offline. Please go online to connect." Any way to change the online/offline setting without loging in? Do I now lose all my downloaded content? Seems ...

• Casual Listener
  • Phone updated, restarted and trying to launch spotify app.  On login, get " You are currently set to offline.  Please go online to connect."   Any way to change the online/offline se...
  • t1ttyburgerz
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crash when another app opens the camera

Everytime another app use the camera or opening the camera app itself my spotify either pauses the music or more often crashs. I have one Nexus 5X with pure android 8, I don't rebember if i had the same problem with my last phone.

• Everytime another app use the camera or opening the camera app itself my spotify either pauses the music or more often crashs.   I have one Nexus 5X with pure android 8, I don't rebe...
  • 0 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 9 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Audio lagging on Huawei P9 Plus

Im having trouble with lagging\skipping, it started suddenly and it goes away after 30 sec to a minute. But it is really annoying, and did not have this problem earlier. Tried to delete cache and redownloaded songs, same result.

• Casual Listener
  • Im having trouble with lagging\skipping, it started suddenly and it goes away after 30 sec to a minute. But it is really annoying, and did not have this problem earlier.   Tried to delete cach...
  • Krisj2k
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Android App automatically starts when I start playing music through Spotify on my PC. Why??

This started in the past few days. I'll hit play on Spotify on my work computer or home computer and it will start it in the background my phone at the same time. How do I stop this from happening please? They appear to be synced but I don't recall s...

• Casual Listener
  • This started in the past few days. I'll hit play on Spotify on my work computer or home computer and it will start it in the background my phone at the same time. How do I stop this from happening pl...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Dangerous bug / Connect starts with Max Volume on AVR

Problem:on the first start of Spotify Connect beaming to an AVR it starts with MAXIMUM VOLUME!This can blow your ears and your speakers, it is realy dangerous not only annoying. The volume is preset to max, you may notice it on the connect screen and...

• Casual Listener
  • Problem: on the first start of Spotify Connect beaming to an AVR it starts with MAXIMUM VOLUME! This can blow your ears and your speakers, it is realy dangerous not only annoying.   The vo...
  • rienwessels
  • 9 replies
  • 9 likes
  • Dangerous Bug
    Spotify Connect Volume Control
  • 9 replies
  • 9 likes

Spotify Android gone dead slow

Even connecting on my home wifi network, I spend most of time looking at the rotating green circle icon. Loads of people making the same complaint about the app. When will this be fixed? P.

• Regular
  • Even connecting on my home wifi network, I spend most of time looking at the rotating green circle icon. Loads of people making the same complaint about the app. When will this be fixed?   P.
  • coalminecanary
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Pairing headphones with phone and computer

I have Dell Inspiration running on Windows 10, Beoplay Bluetooth headphones, and an Android phone. I can't get my headphones to pair with both the computer and computer at the same time. It says they're both paired but when I try to play music from m...

• I have Dell Inspiration running on Windows 10, Beoplay Bluetooth headphones, and an Android phone. I can't get my headphones to pair with both the computer and computer at the same time. It says...
  • coalminecanary
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't log in.

I can't log into my acc tho I typed everything correctly. And it said logged in but nth show up jux the user name and password page. I tried and tried logging in but can't. Please help.Spoiler (Highlight to read)

• I can't log into my acc tho I typed everything correctly. And it said logged in but nth show up jux the user name and password page. I tried and tried logging in but can't. Please help.  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I'm having problems logging in

I broke my old phone and i dont know my log in details. I have tried resetting my password but every time i type in my email account, it says that im logged in on facebook and that i need to change password. I also tried typing in just my username an...

• I broke my old phone and i dont know my log in details. I have tried resetting my password but every time i type in my email account, it says that im logged in on facebook and that i need to change p...
  • coalminecanary
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Don't reproduce the music of daft punk

My spotify app don't reproduce the music of daft punk, im trying to reproduce any dis from daft punk and didn't start, I have a premium account and I used to listen daft punk normally

• My spotify app don't reproduce the music of daft punk, im trying to reproduce any dis from daft punk and didn't start, I have a premium account and I used to listen daft punk normally 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Daft punk don't play
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes