Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Content Questions

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Feature To Try On Desktop: Quick Search Shortcuts

Hey folks, The Spotify team is always working to make the software as simple as possible for everyone to use, and for those of you who like to save a bit of time by using keyboard shortcuts, there's a very convenient trick that you may not have notic...

dinomight_0-1661880282065.jpeg
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • DENISEDEMATTOS
  • Visitor
  • 47 replies
  • 106 likes
  • 47 replies
  • 106 likes

New Home Feed Interface?

Sorry but this new "tiktok-like" interface is so ugly. Spotify needs to realise that a familiar design on one app absolutely doesn't work for others. It doesn't "promote discovery" and honestly just makes me feel less inclined to scroll through hundr...

• Visitor
  • nin302
  • Regular
  • 2353 replies
  • 1938 likes
  • 2353 replies
  • 1938 likes

Some bands/albums filed incorrectly due to names matching for multiple artists

I noticed some of the bands I listen to are merged with some other bands that are very much not the same band, or their discography is split into another musician thats not them. First one is Pure.Pure is a Canadian alternative rock band, active betw...

• Visitor
  • I noticed some of the bands I listen to are merged with some other bands that are very much not the same band, or their discography is split into another musician thats not them.   First one i...
  • AdamDamon
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Android UI update

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceSamsung Galaxy S10Operating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueWhile the 2021 Android update works well for music, it makes it so much more complicated for podcasts. I like that:- by default, music is shown in ...

• Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device Samsung Galaxy S10 Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue While the 2021 Android update works well for music, it makes it so much...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android ui
    Podcasts
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Block Followers

Dear Spotify-Team, Please fix your issues, it's unbelievable that after the issue "Block Followers" got more than 12.000 votes in 2013 and you haven't been fixing that issue yet - it's 2021. Please listen to your user and second of all it's even a re...

• Visitor
  • ...therwise I'll adress it to the consumer protection (Verbraucherschutz) and the issue will go public.   https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Social-Block-Followers/idi-p/310496b   G...
  • Ramu123
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify on PC fades down to nothing when no other sound is playing

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 Starting yesterday the spotify client has started behaving problematically when theres no other sound playing on my PC, the volume slider in spotify still shows the regular volume and it keep...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device PC Operating System Windows 10   Starting yesterday the spotify client has started behaving problematically when theres no other sound playing on my P...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Option to choose Regional languages

Plan : Premium Country : Sweden Device : iPhone 12 Pro Max My Question or IssueI live in Sweden but I am from South India. I have raised same issue with Spotify few years back ( When It was possible to mail to Spotify). As there are many Languages in...

•   Plan : Premium   Country : Sweden   Device : iPhone 12 Pro Max    My Question or Issue I live in Sweden but I am from South India.  I have raised same issue wi...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Queue problems

Recently the queue started behaving very strangely. This affects my Desktop App and my Android App It seems that every "queuing" action automatically clears the existing queue. SO, I can queue an entire Album, and have all the songs in the queue. But...

• Regular
  • Recently the queue started behaving very strangely. This affects my Desktop App and my Android App   It seems that every "queuing" action automatically clears the existing queue. SO, I can que...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • queue
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Ability to sort by artist within a playlist is gone with new update. Why?

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiMacOperating SystemHigh Sierra My Question or IssueI can no longer sort by artist within a playlist. Please explain the thinking behind this decision or better yet...make it part of the function please. I'm extremely disapp...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country US Device iMac Operating System High Sierra   My Question or Issue I can no longer sort by artist within a playlist. Please explain the thinking behind this decisi...
  • janellemac
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Wechsel von Premium Family zu Premium Duo

Da es Premium Duo noch nicht so lange gibt, hatte ich mir bisher mit meinem Partner das Family Abo geteilt. Da wir aber nur zu zweit sind, würde ich gerne zu dem Duo Abo wechseln.Wie gehe ich am besten vor, ohne dass all unsere gespeicherte Musik etc...

• Visitor
  • Da es Premium Duo noch nicht so lange gibt, hatte ich mir bisher mit meinem Partner das Family Abo geteilt. Da wir aber nur zu zweit sind, würde ich gerne zu dem Duo Abo wechseln. Wie gehe ich am be...
  • AdamDamon
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Song Request

I don’t really know if i’m in the right place but, can you guys please add the song Room of Angel by Akira Yamaoka??

• Regular
  • I don’t really know if i’m in the right place but, can you guys please add the song Room of Angel by Akira Yamaoka??😩🙏🏻
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Silent Hill
    Song request
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Problem with the featured artist

Hi,my friend recently released an album (I can provide a UPC if needed, here is a link to the release: https://open.spotify.com/album/0ScWrmGpcVGZfKMCLY8zzz?si=_PIpz9HhRkSQb3NyZZV2lA) and there seems to be an issue that our distributor (RouteNote) ca...

• Visitor
  • Hi, my friend recently released an album (I can provide a UPC if needed, here is a link to the release: https://open.spotify.com/album/0ScWrmGpcVGZfKMCLY8zzz?si=_PIpz9HhRkSQb3NyZZV2lA) and ther...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Kardi D
    problem
    RouteNote
    with
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

artist not available in ky country

hi, very limited amount of songs from the artist Big Time Tush are available for us to listen on Spotify here in Turkey.. I have tried reaching out to the artist and the music label but none of these things helped me with my problem. what would you s...

• Regular
  • hi, very limited amount of songs from the artist Big Time Tush are available for us to listen on Spotify here in Turkey.. I have tried reaching out to the artist and the music label but none of these...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

artist name corrections

as I've seen quite a few people gripe over, why is there no way for users to suggest edits to content details? I've multiple times come across albums logged under incorrect artists due to misspellings or quirks in the naming conventions. My most rece...

• Casual Listener
  • as I've seen quite a few people gripe over, why is there no way for users to suggest edits to content details? I've multiple times come across albums logged under incorrect artists due to m...
  • AdamDamon
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • artists
    Corrections
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Obama

PLEASE tell me there is a way I can change my settings to NOT have to see Barack Obama and Bruce Springsteen when I open Spotify. Good thing I didn't have much breakfast this morning, but what I had came back up when I saw that...COME ON SPOTIFY...Ba...

• Casual Listener
  • PLEASE tell me there is a way I can change my settings to NOT have to see Barack Obama and Bruce Springsteen when I open Spotify.   Good thing I didn't have much breakfast this morning, but wh...
  • angus9804
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes

Shonen Knife Majority 80s and 90s Material

Let’s Knife and many of Shonen Knife’s other heyday highlights are missing and would love to see them get their well deserved just dues. Thanks!

• Regular
  • Let’s Knife and many of Shonen Knife’s other heyday highlights are missing and would love to see them get their well deserved  just dues. Thanks!
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Alternative
    Asian
    concert
    J-pop
    Pop
    rock
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I delete files from Local Files on my Download file?

Plan - PremiumCountry - Portugal Device - MacBook Pro, M1 2020Operating System - macOS Hi, I need some help! Recently I activated my Local Files and added a source which was my Download folders and I keep having a lot of folders and I have tried to d...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan - Premium Country - Portugal   Device - MacBook Pro, M1 2020 Operating System - macOS   Hi, I need some help!  Recently I activated my Local Files and added a source w...
  • Rozin
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • downloads
    files
    local files
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Private Session

How does listening to music while in private session specifically affect all the data collected and the playlists created by Spotify?It's stated everywhere that it doesn't influence Your Discover Weekly playlist, but what about the oher playlists lik...

• Visitor
  • How does listening to music while in private session specifically affect all the data collected and the playlists created by Spotify? It's stated everywhere that it doesn't influence Your Discover W...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Casper卡斯柏 and Casper.True Duplicate Artists

They are just different stage names of the same person, 儲曉祥. Also, their voices are the same. Can someone clean this up? Thx.

• Visitor
  • They are just different stage names of the same person, 儲曉祥. Also, their voices are the same. Can someone clean this up? Thx. 
  • AdamDamon
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Duplicated
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Night rider Playlist

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issuehow many seconds of crossfade does spotify use for the night rider playlist?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue how man...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

All Girl Summer Fun Band

Grizzly Bear so far is there only song. Hopefully we get their eps and at least first two albums or so. Thank you! Ciao!

• Regular
  • Grizzly Bear so far is there only song. Hopefully we get their eps and at least first two albums or so. Thank you! Ciao!
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Alternative
    Pop
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Catherine Wheel’s Adam and Eve

Doing well with the Catherine Wheel as far as full lengths go but just need Adam and Eve to complete their full LP discography. Hopefully you’ll be able to post it soon. Thanks.

• Regular
  • Doing well with the Catherine Wheel as far as full lengths go but just need Adam and Eve to complete their full LP discography. Hopefully you’ll be able to post it soon. Thanks.
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Alternative
    rock
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes