Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Alphabetical Order with "the"?

On both my Desktop Windows and Mac, and other devices, it seems that alphabetical order has changed again. I always order by Artist A-Z. When I first joined Spotify it would correctly remove "the" from artists, but now it has switched in the past few...

• Regular
  • On both my Desktop Windows and Mac, and other devices, it seems that alphabetical order has changed again. I always order by Artist A-Z. When I first joined Spotify it would correctly remove "the" fr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not loading up songs that are not saved although I am online

My spotify has always worked fine until now when i cant listen to anything that is not saved. i can search for songs and cue them but they dont play and sometimes just show as a blank bar in the cue list. I am online and connected to facebook but my ...

Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 13.14.44.png Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 13.15.30.png
  • Visitor
  • My spotify has always worked fine until now when i cant listen to anything that is not saved. i can search for songs and cue them but they dont play and sometimes just show as a blank bar in the cue ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to stop Spotify from using up so much disk space

Hi there, My Spotify data folder is several gigabites in size. Is there a way to limit the size Spotify is allowed to use or turn offline song storage off or something?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there,   My Spotify data folder is several gigabites in size. Is there a way to limit the size Spotify is allowed to use or turn offline song storage off or something? 
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! SPOTIFY APP Ver. 1.1.12.451.gdb77255f DROP with Enterprise PROXY.

PlanPremiumCountryItalyDeviceMBPOperating Systemmojave 10.14.6 (18G87) My Question or IssueHi there,I normally use spotify app at work. My enterprise uses Cisco WSA proxyes with Spotify connection allowed.With this last version, the connection drops ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Italy Device MBP Operating System mojave 10.14.6 (18G87)   My Question or Issue Hi there, I normally use spotify app at work. My enterprise uses Cisco W...
  • apmari
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • proxy
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Plays for 6 seconds then says "can't play current song"

PlanPremiumCountryUSA Device Macbook Pro late 2016Operating SystemMac os a Mojave I have had this problem for at least a years. I have premium: Works on phone - Only works for 6 seconds on Mac desktop (OS Mojave) ... then the blue error message (cann...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA   Device  Macbook Pro late 2016 Operating System Mac os a Mojave   I have had this problem for at least a years. I have premium: Works on pho...
  • tatoz
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Don't like button is not active if I unliked the song.

Looks like I can not mark the song as Don't like if I liked it once before and unliked after.

don't_like.gif
  • Casual Listener
  •                         Looks like I can not mark the song as Don't like if I liked it once before and unliked after.  
  • kukareka
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

"Spotify URI not Valid" error when Spotify URI used

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUSA Device(Macbook Pro early 2015)Operating System(iOS 10) My Question or Issue I'm trying to share a playlist on playlist exchange, and I keep on getting a "Spotify URI not Valid" error. Here's the link I include: spotify:play...

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country USA   Device (Macbook Pro early 2015) Operating System (iOS 10)   My Question or Issue   I'm trying to share a playlist on playlist exchange, and ...
  • Brunelicia
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlist Exchange
    spotify uri
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to stop Desktop Spotify from sharing the queue with a Phone or any other device?

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceMacBook Pro, iPhoneOperating SystemEl Capitan, 12.4 My Question or IssueWhen I go to work while listening in my car via Spotify I get into the office and when I fire up my desktop Spotify, the same queue (along with repeat ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country US   Device MacBook Pro, iPhone Operating System El Capitan, 12.4   My Question or Issue When I go to work while listening in my car via Spotify I get into t...
  • colanutnm
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Connect
    listening on
    queue
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Album stuck in queue

Premium account, Sweden DeviceDesktop Mac, iPhone and Spotify Connect (Lightning DS to an Aries) Since 1–2 months I have an album that repeatedly adds it self to my queue. It doesn't matter if I remove it, once the queue is empty it comes back. If I ...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium account, Sweden   Device Desktop Mac, iPhone and Spotify Connect (Lightning DS to an Aries)   Since 1–2 months I have an album that repeatedly adds it self to my queue. It...
  • bigbro
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify seems to have removed all my playlists?!

Plan = Free [have done premium trials in the past]Country = UK Device = Macbook Pro mid 2012iPhone SEOperating System = MacOS High Sierra I've had a free Spotify account since 2012, probably earlier than that. Over this time I've added many playlists...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan = Free [have done premium trials in the past] Country = UK   Device = Macbook Pro mid 2012 iPhone SE Operating System = MacOS High Sierra   I've had a free Spotify acc...
  • jaydunford
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcasts sort in Desktop mac

We don't have an option to sort the podcasts by episodes in Desktop app like in an android app. Currently i can see only 2 options, 1. Sort by Name 2. Sort by date added (Here it sorts the podcasts by date byt not by all episodes of my subscribed pod...

• We don't have an option to sort the podcasts by episodes in Desktop app like in an android app. Currently i can see only 2 options, 1. Sort by Name 2. Sort by date added (Here it sorts the podcasts b...
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • feature proposal
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

Solved!! Go to song in playlist not displaying proper position

Spotify Version: 1.1.10.540.gfcf0430f When I go into a playlist and play any song, I then want to left click on the album in the bottom left corner to go to the songs position in the playlist. However, when the playlist is sorted from Newest -> Oldes...

• Spotify Version: 1.1.10.540.gfcf0430f   When I go into a playlist and play any song, I then want to left click on the album in the bottom left corner to go to the songs position in the playlis...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "Downloading of offline songs failed. Maybe the disk is full?" when computer has lots of space

Plan: Premium (Family)USA Device: Macbook Air 13-inch 2019Operating System: macOS Mojave I have been using Spotify for two years and this issue has never happened to me. I downloaded the Spotify App onto my new Macbook Air. All of my songs were there...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium (Family) USA   Device: Macbook Air 13-inch 2019 Operating System: macOS Mojave   I have been using Spotify for two years and this issue has never happened...
  • apabulldog
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Same 4 songs appear in queue every time I launch Spotify

PlanPremiumCountryNorwayDevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy S7, Macbook Pro 2017, Macbook Pro 2013)Operating System(iOS 10, Android 8.0.0, MacOS Mojave) My Question or IssueHi, the last week or so, every time I start Spotify on my phone, or on my MacBook...

• Plan Premium Country Norway Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy S7, Macbook Pro 2017, Macbook Pro 2013) Operating System (iOS 10, Android 8.0.0, MacOS Mojave)   My Question or Issue Hi, t...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Recently played

Hi, new to Spotify. Can I ask why only albums appear in my Recently Played tab? Is there a way to get individual songs in there too?

• Visitor
  • Hi, new to Spotify. Can I ask why only albums appear in my Recently Played tab? Is there a way to get individual songs in there too?  
  • DanifC
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files Not Working

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceMac / iPhone XROperating SystemMac OS Mojave 10.14 / iOS 12.0.1 My Question or IssueI purchased a new iPhone and now the majority of my local files - left over songs from my iTunes and some random downloads, all ....

Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 12.48.06 AM.png
  • Regular
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Mac / iPhone XR Operating System Mac OS Mojave 10.14 / iOS 12.0.1   My Question or Issue I purchased a new iPhone and now the majority of my l...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

“Install Spotify” can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software

PlanFreeCountryAustraliaDeviceiMacOperating SystemmacOS 10.15 Catalina Beta My Question or IssueHi.I'm running macOS 10.15 Catalina Beta.When I try to install Spotify I see the following error:I've downloaded the latest version of Spotify today (12th...

spot.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Australia Device iMac Operating System macOS 10.15 Catalina Beta   My Question or Issue Hi. I'm running macOS 10.15 Catalina Beta. When I try to install Spotify I s...
  • SRD75
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't run spotify on multiple Macs concurrently

PlanPremium FamilyCountryUSDevices2 MacBook ProsOperating SystemHigh Sierra My Question or IssueIf I have Spotify running on both my work and personal MacBook Pro's, I'm unable to play a song on either for more than a brief snippet. Whenever I click ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Family Country US Devices 2 MacBook Pros Operating System High Sierra   My Question or Issue If I have Spotify running on both my work and personal MacBook Pro's, I'm unab...
  • halversp
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot link songkick tourbox to my spotify artist page

First, when I went to search for my artist name on songkick it did not load & then when I manually added it in still wouldn't integrate my upcoming shows. How do I go about fixing this?

• Casual Listener
  • First, when I went to search for my artist name on songkick it did not load & then when I manually added it in still wouldn't integrate my upcoming shows. How do I go about fixing this? 
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Concerts
    songkick
    tourbox
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't change the playlist description.

Plan: FreeDevice: Macbook Pro 2018Operating System: macOS 10.14.5My Question or Issue: I only have private playlists and as of late, whenever i want to change the playlist description after i click out of the playlist and click back in the descriptio...

• Visitor
  • Plan: Free Device: Macbook Pro 2018 Operating System: macOS 10.14.5 My Question or Issue: I only have private playlists and as of late, whenever i want to change the playlist descri...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes