Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • dtulman14
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Error
    music stops
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Mac OS Mojave - Siri stops AirPlay playback and steals audio stream

Plan: PremiumCountry: US Device: iPhone XS and iMac 4KOperating System: iOS 12.1.2 and Mac OS 10.14.2 I came accross an odd bug. Here is what happens. Playing Spotify on iPhone over AirPlay to an Apple TV. The Spotify application is open on the Mac c...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: US   Device: iPhone XS and iMac 4K Operating System: iOS 12.1.2 and Mac OS 10.14.2   I came accross an odd bug. Here is what happens.   Playing Spotify o...
  • arcadelt
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can't add device on Premium

PlanPremiumCountryAustriaDeviceMacbook Pro My Question or Issue I can't add my MacBook Pro to Spotify Premium. I already have Spotify Premium, for University Students. I currently have two offline-devices. Every time I want to add my MacBook Pro as a...

• Not applicable
  • Plan Premium Country Austria Device Macbook Pro   My Question or Issue  I can't add my MacBook Pro to Spotify Premium. I already have Spotify Premium, for University Students. I cur...
  • Daisy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Offline Devices
    Premium
    Student
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle play only shuffles nearby songs

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceMacbook pro 2018 -> Alexa dot My Question or IssueI have the same issue as the one presented 2 years ago (https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/Shuffle-only-shuffling-artists-that-begin-with-the-same/td-p/1383885). ...

• Plan Premium Country USA  Device Macbook pro 2018 -> Alexa dot   My Question or Issue I have the same issue as the one presented 2 years ago (https://community.spotify.com/t5/Des...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Friend activity feed NOT WORKING AGAIN!!!!!

I live in New Zealand, have premium Spotify and my friend feed doesn't seem to be updating what my friends are listening to. Some friends have even disappeared from my activity feed but 1 day ago it was working fine. My MacBook Pro is early 2017 issu...

•   I live in New Zealand, have premium Spotify and my friend feed doesn't seem to be updating what my friends are listening to. Some friends have even disappeared from my activity feed but ...
  • illmarto
  • 7 replies
  • 13 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 13 likes

Friend Activity Issue

FreeUSA Macbook Pro early 2015 macOS Sierra I opened Spotify this morning, and only 5 of the 45 total people I follow were displayed under "Friend Activity." I can typically scroll through dozens of friends' listening, but only these 5 are currently ...

• Free USA  Macbook Pro early 2015   macOS Sierra   I opened Spotify this morning, and only 5 of the 45 total people I follow were displayed under "Friend Activity."...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Major memory leak when listening to Podcasts

For months now, if I leave Spotify open overnight, it will gobble up 10s of gigabytes of memory. My machine "only" has 16, so it starts swapping badly. It invariably gets to the point where macOS tells me I'm running out of disk space, which is just ...

spotify-why.png
  • For months now, if I leave Spotify open overnight, it will gobble up 10s of gigabytes of memory. My machine "only" has 16, so it starts swapping badly. It invariably gets to the point where macOS tel...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Loading playlist and 'songs' section won't load. (Sierra)

PlanPremiumDeviceMacbook Pro Early 2011 (Sierra) My Question or IssueThis anoying problem occurs for almost 2 months now. When I open the app it takes always 15/20 minutes to load the list. Owner of an older iMac where I don't see any of those proble...

Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 12.04.43 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 12.45.59 PM.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device Macbook Pro Early 2011 (Sierra)   My Question or Issue This  anoying problem occurs for almost 2 months now. When I open the app it takes always 15/20 minutes to l...
  • CarlosE
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
    Loading problems
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

New Releases "New albums & singles" hasn't updated in weeks

I was a regular user of the "New albums & singles" page that could be found under Browse -> New Releases. However the last releases shown there are from 2018, if I'm not mistaken out of the last week of 2018. It is the same thing for a couple of Germ...

• Casual Listener
  • I was a regular user of the "New albums & singles" page that could be found under Browse -> New Releases. However the last releases shown there are from 2018, if I'm not mistaken out of the la...
  • Foxy72
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Muy Lento en iMac

Hola, La aplicación para iMac es muy lenta, la utilizo tanto en mi iMac personal en casa, como en el trabajo. En ambos ordenadores va muy lenta la carga de contenido.Soy usuario premium, es decir, estoy pagando por un servicio deficiente.Gracias.

• Casual Listener
  • Hola,  La aplicación para iMac es muy lenta, la utilizo tanto en mi iMac personal en casa, como en el trabajo. En ambos ordenadores va muy lenta la carga de contenido. Soy usuario premium, es ...
  • NICOLASANGEL
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 28 likes
  • apple
    escritorio
    iMac
    lento
  • 3 replies
  • 28 likes

Problems w/ Stations

I'm using the mac desktop app. In addition to the disappearance of the 'create station' button - which has been covered elsewhere - the 'stations' tab in 'your library' has stopped working. It says on that page, "sorted by recently followed", but the...

• I'm using the mac desktop app. In addition to the disappearance of the 'create station' button - which has been covered elsewhere - the 'stations' tab in 'your library' has stopped working. It s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Importing a Playlist from iTunes

PlanFreeCountry USADeviceMacbook Pro late 2016Operating SystemOS Mojave My Question or IssueI recently re-downloaded the Spotify deskop app for Mac. There used to be an option to import iTunes playlists to Spotify, but I can't seem to figure out how ...

• Plan Free Country  USA Device Macbook Pro late 2016 Operating System OS Mojave   My Question or Issue I recently re-downloaded the Spotify deskop app for Mac. There used to be an ...
  • slcbear
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lyrics in Macbook Pro touch bar

It would be awesome if the lyrics provided by Genius (or some other third party like Musixmatch for example) would be visible in the touch bar. I really like to read along with the lyrics of music when listening to it, but this isn't practical when I...

• Casual Listener
  • It would be awesome if the lyrics provided by Genius (or some other third party like Musixmatch for example) would be visible in the touch bar.    I really like to read along with the lyr...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Problem adding shazamed songs to spotify playlists directly from shazam

PlanPremiumCountry FranceDeviceiPhone 6sOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI am no longer able to save shazamed tracks to spotify playlists. Currently, i am using a workaround, by finding the song within the s...

• Plan Premium Country  France Device iPhone 6s Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I am no longer able to save shazamed tracks to s...
  • andrewmastoras
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Pictures won't load for certain album covers and playlists

I was having issues with albums and playlists loading. I deleted my cache and did a clean reinstall. This seems to have solved the problem of the music loading, but has created a new problem. All of the album covers are loading for the albums that I ...

•   I was having issues with albums and playlists loading. I deleted my cache and did a clean reinstall. This seems to have solved the problem of the music loading, but has created a new problem....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] Edit Local File Information

PlanPremiumCountry USADevice(Macbook Pro early 2015)Operating System(Mac OS Mojave) My Question or Issue I cant see the album art for my local files on my mac but the artwork shows up on my iphone. How can I make the artwork show up on the desktop ap...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  USA Device (Macbook Pro early 2015) Operating System (Mac OS Mojave)   My Question or Issue  I cant see the album art for my local files on my m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

The Mac Book app does not play songs

I am using MacBook latest release (2018), when I press the play the song is not advancing...any song...

• Casual Listener
  •   I am using MacBook latest release (2018), when I press the play the song is not advancing...any song...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist Radio for Desktop (MAC) goes to playlist, not station

Plan: PremiumCountry: Guatemala DeviceMacbook Pro 2017Operating SystemmacOS My Question or IssueWhen I search for an artist in the desktop application for mac, I press the three dots at the right of the artist name and click on "Go to Artist Radio". ...

• Plan: Premium Country: Guatemala   Device Macbook Pro 2017 Operating System macOS   My Question or Issue When I search for an artist in the desktop application for mac,&n...
  • Chrisseh
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unable to right click on Spotify Mac desktop app

The past week I've been unable to righ click songs or playlists in my spotify desktop application about 90% of the time. Clicking the three dots to the right of a song normally to show more options doesn't work either This means I'm unable to in any ...

• Regular
  •   The past week I've been unable to righ click songs or playlists in my spotify desktop application about 90% of the time. Clicking the three dots to the right of a song normally to s...
  • Ortenzio
  • Composer
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotify >> Multiple Speakers >> MacBook Air

Hi there, To date I have used Airfoil to broadcast music from Spotify off of my MacBook Air to a hodge podge of Airplay connected speakers in my apartment. I've used my iPhone to broadcast to multiple speakers via Airplay with the relatively recent i...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there,   To date I have used Airfoil to broadcast music from Spotify off of my MacBook Air to a hodge podge of Airplay connected speakers in my apartment.   I've used ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

local files can't be played or queued; no error message displayed

Plan: PremiumCountry: USADevice MacBook Pro 2009Operating System: MacOSX 10.10.5 My Question or Issue:Just installed Spotify's Desktop app, added a folder to the local files list, and while all the mp3 files there are displayed, largely with the corr...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: USA Device MacBook Pro 2009 Operating System: MacOSX 10.10.5   My Question or Issue: Just installed Spotify's Desktop app, added a folder to the local files lis...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes