Announcements

Having trouble seeing your Wrapped stories? To fix this, update the Spotify app to the latest version.

Find more info on our community FAQ.

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • dtulman14
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Error
    music stops
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Solved!! [Mac] Spotify crashes on launch - macOS 10.14 Mojave Beta 1

Spotify Mac app is crashing on launch. I tried reinstalling it which allowed it to open, but as soon as I tried to play anything it crashed then continued to crash any subsequent launch. I hope this is a quick fix as I can't listen to music at work n...

• Regular
  • Spotify Mac app is crashing on launch. I tried reinstalling it which allowed it to open, but as soon as I tried to play anything it crashed then continued to crash any subsequent launch. I hope this ...
  • mchandler
  • Regular
  • 31 replies
  • 12 likes
    Beta
    Crash
    Launch
    macOS
    mojave
  • 31 replies
  • 12 likes

Sort list of playlists

Mac OS Desktop version 1.0.83.318 I have close to 40 different playlists in my library but they are in some random order. I would like to know if its possible to sort these by name or created date / last played date. My most used playlists are near t...

• Regular
  •   Mac OS Desktop version 1.0.83.318   I have close to 40 different playlists in my library but they are in some random order. I would like to know if its possible to sort these by n...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist songs are randomly grayed out, despite being searchable/playable otherwise

PlanFamily PremiumCountryUSA Deviceimac 2017 (brand new)Operating Systemos 11My Question or Issue Transferred playlists over from apple music. They work fine on mobile but on the desktop app/web player my playlists are all grayed out. However, these ...

• Plan Family Premium Country USA  Device imac 2017 (brand new) Operating System os 11 My Question or Issue  Transferred playlists over from apple music. They work fine on mobil...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Grey bar in full screen mode

I have a macbook pro, and whenever I use the spotify appn I downloaded in full screen mode, it has a grey bar at the top of the screen. It makes it difficult to see the song I am playing along with making it hard to see what I'm typing in the search ...

• I have a macbook pro, and whenever I use the spotify appn I downloaded in full screen mode, it has a grey bar at the top of the screen. It makes it difficult to see the song I am playing along with m...
  • emily227
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 8 likes

Grey bar on the top of the screen in mac full screen mode

This grey bar has been terrorising my spotify for the past year, i have been hoping that updates would fix this bug, but around 5 updates have come and gone and this problem is still here... please fix this asap, its getting increasingly annoying wit...

Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 8.47.40 PM.png
  • This grey bar has been terrorising my spotify for the past year, i have been hoping that updates would fix this bug, but around 5 updates have come and gone and this problem is still here... please f...
  • emily227
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Latest MacOS client crashes on start-up

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceiMac (27-inch, Late 2009)Operating SystemMacOS 10.13.5 High Sierra My Question or IssueOn opening the app a window briefly appears but then disappears. This started happening in the last day or two, coincided with the...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) Operating System MacOS 10.13.5 High Sierra   My Question or Issue On opening the app a window briefly appears but t...
  • quantoid-au
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't find Spotify Video in Malaysia on any device I try.

PlanPremiumCountryMalaysiaDeviceMacbook Pro late 2017Operating SystemMac os My Question or IssueI can't find Spotify Video in Malaysia on any device I try.

•   Plan Premium Country Malaysia Device Macbook Pro late 2017 Operating System Mac os   My Question or Issue I can't find Spotify Video in Malaysia on any device I try.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Having problems with Volvo Sensus Spotify app upgrade

PlanPremiumCountry USADevice2018 Volvo XC60Operating SystemSensusMy Question or IssueYesterday I was notified by Sensus that there was an update available for the Spotify app. The upgrade notice said there were new features and fixes, etc. (I have ot...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device 2018 Volvo XC60 Operating System Sensus My Question or Issue Yesterday I was notified by Sensus that there was an update available for the Spotify app. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

collaborative playlist??

PlanPremiumCountry Canada Operating SystemOS 10 My Question or Issue I can't right click on a playlist and make it collaborative. I have been able to in the passed but can't now? can someone please guide me here? please and thanks. donal.

• Plan Premium Country  Canada   Operating System OS 10   My Question or Issue  I can't right click on a playlist and make it collaborative. I have been able to in the pass...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Limiter

1. Does Spotify have it's limiter on all the time or only while "volume normalization" is active?2. What is the ceiling level (dB) of the limiter?

• 1. Does Spotify have it's limiter on all the time or only while "volume normalization" is active? 2. What is the ceiling level (dB) of the limiter? 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Frozen

Idrk what is happening with my spotify but it's frozen. Whenever I play a song, the tab doesn't change, and whenever I try to switch the song, pause or change the volume, it does nothing. I need help with this please. I already tried restarting my co...

• Casual Listener
  •     Idrk what is happening with my spotify but it's frozen. Whenever I play a song, the tab doesn't change, and whenever I try to switch the song, pause or change the volume, it does noth...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

"Show Desktop overlay when using media keys" bug

Hey the "Show Desktop overlay when using media keys" option is broken. I have it set to OFF which does nothing when Spotify opens. You have to go in, turn the option ON then OFF again for it to take effect, every single time you open Spotify. This ha...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey the "Show Desktop overlay when using media keys" option is broken. I have it set to OFF which does nothing when Spotify opens. You have to go in, turn the option ON then OFF again for it to take ...
  • spacecadet34
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 70 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 70 likes

Playback Stops Randombly

PlanPremiumCountry - USA DeviceMacBook Pro 2017Operating SystemMacOS High Sierra - 10.13.5 My Question or IssueWhen using the MacOS app, playback will randombly stop for no reason. I have to press play again to start playback.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country - USA   Device MacBook Pro 2017 Operating System MacOS High Sierra - 10.13.5   My Question or Issue When using the MacOS app, playback will randombly stop for...
  • NeiParkerTX
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

se detiene la canción a medias

Cuando escucho dos o tres canciones, se me detiene la reproducción de la canción. Tengo el Premium pagado y lo tengo en el iPad, móbil y al iMac y en todos los dispositivos ocurre el mismo problema.Alguna posible solución? Lo he reinstalado y sigue i...

• Cuando escucho dos o tres canciones, se me detiene la reproducción de la canción. Tengo el Premium pagado y lo tengo en el iPad, móbil y al iMac y en todos los dispositivos ocurre el mismo problema. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Mac keeps going offline even when my internet is fine

PremiumUS Device(Macbook Pro 2013)Operating SystemMac (10.13.3 Sierra) My Question or Issue Spotify keeps going in and out between online and offline (mostly offline) even though I'm in online mode and my internet works fine. I get error 4 occassiona...

•   Premium US   Device (Macbook Pro 2013) Operating System Mac (10.13.3 Sierra)   My Question or Issue  Spotify keeps going in and out between online and offline (mostly ...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify taking 9GB of RAM

PlanFreeCountry UK DeviceMacbook Pro late 2013Operating SystemMac, Up to date. My Question or Issue Spotify consistently eats RAM. It reaches >9GB and my machine has run out of space for swap and grounds to a halt. It takes a day or so without a rest...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country  UK   Device Macbook   Pro late 2013 Operating System Mac, Up to date.  My Question or Issue  Spotify consistently eats RAM.  It reaches >...
  • jethrogillgren
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Cover art not showing up

Hey anyone that can help me,I don't know if this has happened to anyone else but a while ago when I updated spotify, whatever artist I was listening to didnt show thier cover art. Usually in the bottom left corner above the song title and artist it u...

•   Hey anyone that can help me, I don't know if this has happened to anyone else but a while ago when I updated spotify, whatever artist I was listening to didnt show thier cover art. Usually i...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Dragging albums into playlist folder - naming has changed. WHY?

My Question or IssueI find an album, drag it into a playlist folder and up until today it has put the artist first, followed by the album name. Very handy for finding artists in the playlist folder.For some reason, this has changed. Spotify - why?Wha...

• Music Fan
  •   My Question or Issue I find an album, drag it into a playlist folder and up until today it has put the artist first, followed by the album name. Very handy for finding artists in the playlis...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Can I make a playlist from just song links?

I know you can make a playlist by just copy/pasting the Spotify URI but in this case I only have the songs LINKS (example: https://open.spotify.com/track/7qCAVkHWZkF44OzOUKf8Cr?si=ElxTl91URn6Y-_CChQT6wQ) and it won't let me paste that into a playlist...

•   I know you can make a playlist by just copy/pasting the Spotify URI but in this case I only have the songs LINKS (example: https://open.spotify.com/track/7qCAVkHWZkF44OzOUKf8Cr?si=E...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Artists Unfollowed

You have a community post saying solved but this issue has never been solved, artists continue to be unfollowed. in my case on my iPhone 6 runnnunt iOS 10, with a premium account there are still artists being unfollowed randomly and without any of my...

• You have a community post saying solved but this issue has never been solved, artists continue to be unfollowed.   in my case on my iPhone 6 runnnunt iOS 10, with a premium account there are s...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes