Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

[CRASH] it crashes whenever I add songs to a playlist the second time

When i am playing music, it crashes whenever I add songs to a playlist the second time. It existed in the previous build and it is still here in the latest build.

• Casual Listener
  • When i am playing music, it crashes whenever I add songs to a playlist the second time.   It existed in the previous build and it is still here in the latest build.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

New black UI on Mac is almost unusable

Great, now there's a new release of the Spotify client for Mac again. I have long ago stopped expecting any improved features or fixes whatsoever, and the 50% chance of freeze and crash on drag-and-drop is also too familiar to raise any eyebrows. But...

• Casual Listener
  • Great, now there's a new release of the Spotify client for Mac again.   I have long ago stopped expecting any improved features or fixes whatsoever, and the 50% chance of freeze and crash on...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify crashes on Mac

Every time I open my Spotify app it closes after a second or two. I've uninstalled and re-installed multiple times and still have the same problem. Any tips? Thanks

• Every time I open my Spotify app it closes after a second or two. I've uninstalled and re-installed multiple times and still have the same problem. Any tips? Thanks
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Where did bios go in Mac desktop v0.9.8.296?

In latest upgrade artist bios have apparently disappeared. I used that feature a lot. May we have them back, please?

• Casual Listener
  • In latest upgrade artist bios have apparently disappeared. I used that feature a lot. May we have them back, please?
  • fonodon
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Follow Artist

Why does Spotify keep asking me to following the same stupid band?? I keep getting notice to follow this band called "War Paint".

• Why does Spotify keep asking me to following the same stupid band?? I keep getting notice to follow this band called "War Paint".
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums are missing

After I dragged all the songs that are in my starred playlist to my music, even though the songs showd up in in the "song" menu, the "album" menu is still empty. I have tried rebooting Spotify for several times but it is still not working. I wonder i...

• Roadie
  • After I dragged all the songs that are in my starred playlist to my music, even though the songs showd up in in the "song" menu, the "album" menu is still empty. I have tried rebooting Spotify for se...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes constantly, no error message

My Spotify (premium) has been constantly crashing for the past two months. I use the desktop client on my MacBook Pro OS X 10.8.5. At first it happened whenever I tried to add more than one song at a time to a playlist; Spotify would completely shut ...

• Regular
  • My Spotify (premium) has been constantly crashing for the past two months. I use the desktop client on my MacBook Pro OS X 10.8.5.    At first it happened whenever I tried to add more t...
  • siobhanloise
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem Syncing new music section between iphone and Mac

I have a problem, in my iPhone I add songs to my music and back on my mac it syncs but only in the album and artists sections, the "song" section just has the songs I added on my Mac no from the iPhone, can someone help me with this problem?

• Music Fan
  • I have a problem, in my iPhone I add songs to my music and back on my mac it syncs but only in the album and artists sections, the "song" section just has the songs I added on my Mac no from the iPho...
  • ccaarrllooss4
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Connection issue with my bluetooth speakers

Hello The connection works but the music is shattered. When I go to Youtube, the issue does not happen which makes me think that the issue comes from Spotify. I use the Spotify application on Mac Book Air OS 10.9.2 Anyone encountering the same issue?...

• Hello The connection works but the music is shattered. When I go to Youtube, the issue does not happen which makes me think that the issue comes from Spotify. I use the Spotify application on Mac...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Trivial Bug: Now Playing artwork not always at Retina resolution.

On Mac OS X, Spotify 0.9.8.296.g91f68827, the Now Playing artwork sometimes shows at @1x quality, even when @2x quality is available on Retina Displays. This is most easily visually seen by bringing up an album and comparing its artwork to the Now Pl...

Screen Shot 2014-04-19 at 6.53.03 PM.png Screen Shot 2014-04-19 at 6.53.22 PM.png Screen Shot 2014-04-19 at 6.57.43 PM.png
  • On Mac OS X, Spotify 0.9.8.296.g91f68827, the Now Playing artwork sometimes shows at @1x quality, even when @2x quality is available on Retina Displays.  This is most easily visually seen by bri...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify on mac crashes when I try to listen to the "Pre-Party playlist"

Spotify on mac crashes when I try to listen to the "Pre-Party playlist" in the "Party" category in "Browse". I have restarted the program and computer several times and the problem is just for this particular playlist, Pre-Party....

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify on mac crashes when I try to listen to the "Pre-Party playlist" in the "Party" category in "Browse". I have restarted the program and computer several times and the problem is just for this p...
  • tomho542
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Increase width of playlist view mac client

Is it possible to increase the width of the left view with the playlists? I group my playlists in folders, subfolders etc and with the app update this view became even more slim and I cannot read most of my playlist titles.

• Visitor
  • Is it possible to increase the width of the left view with the playlists?   I group my playlists in folders, subfolders etc and with the app update this view became even more slim and I cann...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify keeps crashing and will not load on mac

My Spotify crashed once on computer, and was unable to load at all when i try to re-launch it. Have tried re-installing the software but it still will not load at all. Have attached a screenshot. It basically just stops at this progress with will not...

• Casual Listener
  • My Spotify crashed once on computer, and was unable to load at all when i try to re-launch it.   Have tried re-installing the software but it still will not load at all.   Have atta...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Crash on OSX when shuffling

Of late, Spotify crashes whenever playing a large playlist on shuffle. I have already tried the business of going into the Library folder and deleting the cache and app support and reinstalling. This is happening on both my work and home desktop, whi...

• Of late, Spotify crashes whenever playing a large playlist on shuffle.   I have already tried the business of going into the Library folder and deleting the cache and app support and reinsta...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Thoughts/complaints about new Your Music feature and Stars (and Spotify overall)

Update 2: I found the root cause of the issues I've been having, and reported it properly here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Bug-Report-Your-Music-doesn-t-sync-correctly-from-desktop-client/td-p/740789 Update: I have dug...

• Music Fan
  • Update 2: I found the root cause of the issues I've been having, and reported it properly here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Bug-Report-Your-Music-doesn-t-sync...
  • lil_alexis
  • 11 replies
  • 15 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 11 replies
  • 15 likes

mac spotify not playing any songs at all

Hello, What I expected to happen the song should start playing What actually happened it doesn't play, timer stays at the time where I start it, show's the symbol that is indicating it would play the song tho My Operating System mac 10.9.2 My Spotify...

• Hello,   What I expected to happen the song should start playing   What actually happened it doesn't play, timer stays at the time where I start it, show's the symbol that is in...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! spotify installer doesnt download - mac

Hey guys I'm trying to get Spotify, but I can't even download the installer. There is no error message or anything... the download page loads, but nothing happens. If I click on "restart the download", the page simply reloads, and again nothing happe...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys I'm trying to get Spotify, but I can't even download the installer. There is no error message or anything... the download page loads, but nothing happens. If I click on "restart the downl...
  • frksnk
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

How the heck do you add music in bulk to "Your Music" --> "Albums"

This shouldn't be that hard. Is it possible? I can see you can drag and drop playlists to "Songs" but not albums? What gives? Please help! I searched the other threads and didn't find a clear answer to this question. I am a visual learner and do all ...

• Music Fan
  • This shouldn't be that hard.  Is it possible?  I can see you can drag and drop playlists to "Songs" but not albums?  What gives?  Please help!  I searched the other threads a...
  • cohenfs
  • Roadie
  • 32 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 32 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify App Crashes on Mac

My spotify keeps freezing and crashing on my mac. I have reinstalled four times and uninstalled and reinstalled my flash player. If I cannot fix this I am going to have to cancel my subscription.

• My spotify keeps freezing and crashing on my mac. I have reinstalled four times and uninstalled and reinstalled my flash player. If I cannot fix this I am going to have to cancel my subscription.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist files cannot be found/played in other country

Hello all, I have a problem. My friend and I have the same account and I'm creating playlists for him. Each and every track is playing for me fine here in Norway, but he cannot find some of the tracks in his home country. It looks like these tracks w...

• Hello all,  I have a problem.  My friend and I have the same account and I'm creating playlists for him.  Each and every track is playing for me fine here in Norway, but he cannot...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes