Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hide song not working

Hide song not working

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When I today was accessing the radio of one of my playlists consisting of exclusively Mongolian artists, I quickly noticed that pretty much every song in there that was suggested by Spotify is completely irrelevant to the topic of the playlist, being only Scandinavian or German artists only barely similar in style but in essence, completely different from anything in the playlist.

The radio algorithm is not the topic but the fact that I have no way of telling Spotify that I don't want these songs in that radio. There used to be a "Don't Like" button on radio songs but it seems to be gone.

I noticed there was a "Hide this song" button in the song list now, but unfortunately, clicking it does exactly nothing. Still 95% irrelevant music in there, making the radio station literally worthless to me.

Are there any working possibilities to be able to hide unwanted songs from a radio station?

5 Replies

i also have the same problem its so annoying,
i didnt even use the radio now for a lot of time,
only listen to the daily mixes, but they also suck **bleep**, and have no dislike button either on pc.
and iam mostly on Pc...

Should i actually switch back to youtube?
the reason i even bought spotify premium was so i can enjoy it, because it was good!
it had a nice algorithem and disliking songs actually worked...

I'm going to second this entire post. It seems to be a continued issue and runs along with my issue.

If I paying for my spotify, why the heck cannot I not hide songs on the PC but I can hide them on my phone? Ironically more often than not, that song suggestion has nothing to do with me or a song I want to hear. This is becoming quite tiring to have both my PC and phone running the app just to remove songs I have ZERO desire to hear. Especially when I've hidden the song before (when I was allowed to) and it still appears or plays. This is on a song radio station, discovery list and other areas where I'm frequently listening.

I'm getting close to the point of cancelling my account out of frustration and going to Youtube or elsewhere. 

Hi folks! 

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. Sorry for the delayed reply, we just came across this thread.

@ajdallas, you should be able to hide (in Discover weekly/ Release Radar/ Radio) songs and Block artists through the mobile app. Note that hiding a song on your phone doesn't sync with the desktop app, so you might see a song that you've disliked on your phone appears in another playlist on the desktop app. If you'd like this to change in the future we recommend giving these steps a go and submit your idea so that other users can also support it. The more votes an idea gets, the more likely it is to be implemented.

Hope you find this info useful.

Cheers!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

This does not fix the problem. You're right that we SHOULD be able to do this. What we are saying is, the buttons don't work.

I've been playing this one "radio" playlist a lot recently (or rather, I have been playing an album and then letting it continue playing suggested songs after) and it ALWAYS plays this one song I don't actually want and I ALWAYS skip it. But It KEEPS coming back. And I've tried to "hide on this list" and I've tried "remove from queue" and both of these do absolutely nothing at all.

EDIT: I'm on the iphone app btw and yes it is up to date.

Hey there @kelenloth

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

Keep in mind that the Hide this song feature blocks a certain track from the specific playlist on the current device. In this case, the songs that you've hidden before might still appear in new radio playlists since they aren't permanent. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

You can also have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion. If there isn't one, you can give these steps a go and submit your idea so that other users can also support it. The higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.

You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts