Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect Not Working At All

Solved!

Spotify Connect Not Working At All

Still got premium. It's worked for months, until today it decided to randomly stop working. I can see only the PS4 on both my iPod and Desktop. This is extremely frustrating as i'm paying for this service and i just sorted out all my tech issues. I've tried logging out everywhere and that hasn't worked. I feel like Spotify might be having issues with their connect system as i'm pretty darn sure it's not my end. It's worked fine for ages and nothing has changed since then. 

118 Replies

My tablet Google Nexus 7 connects and plays Spotify allright, also in Cambridge Connects app. Unfortunately a connection to my streamer Stream Magic NP30 can not be established. Both NP30 and Spotify inform 'Not logged in', allthough I am logged in.

My router does not display input for any channels, that includes 4070.

The bugs seams not to being fixed.

Ohh! A new line appears at the bottom of the screen when a 'radio station' is displayed in Spotify. Here you get the option to choose a device.

Just solved my problem!

For some reason my Pioneer 828-K receiver lost it's network connection. It got an IP assigned, but couldn't make any communications even after restarts.

Resetted the unit and worked right away! Ufffff

Spotify connect not working with my onkyo 737 home receiver. Worked before but not anymore. Can anyone help?
Marked as solution

Try resetting the unit. Worked for me.

Spotify connect is not working for me either. I can't connect to my android phone nor to my bose wifi speaker. This was working fine a few weeks ago. I use both ubuntu 14.04 and 15.10. Reseting my devices didn't  work for me.

My HP Tablet with a custom version of Andriod will not work to control the songs thats playing on the PC, I can't even get it to swith to the PC. My Samsung Galaxy S3 is the same way, ever since the update I got a day or so ago on Andriod, it lost the ability to control other devices.

Both my Tablet and Phone will see the PC and each other, but when you try to switch the audio between the devices, it wont work, the app will hang and won't play audio, you cant switch it back, Only way to get spotify to play again on that device is to reboot the device or force stop spotify on both devices.

Resetting the device will not be an option, Im not going to go threw the hassle of setting up my phone just for spotify to correctly work. It worked for months before hand.

And I pay for this? Get it fixed guys, please. Its faster to change the song or artist on my phone or tablet then alt+tabbing out of a full screen game on my PC.

I've tried resetting both my phone app and pc version to no avail.
Reset my router and its working fine....for now.
Marked as solution

I just got an update for the PC app and it seemed to correct the problem, But before hand I did reinstall the app on my PC and it started working, the moment I restarted the PC, it did not work between the tablet/phone and the PC again.

But this update seemed to have fixed it on my end anyway.
Marked as solution

funny thing is, this actually got mine working again!!!

kinda thanks to your comment!

Problem with Yamaha RX-V475 (A3C703):

-device visible in Spotify Connect for Android phone and MacBook

-when I click on the device, it displays 'trying to connect...' but doesn't actually do anything

-when I hit play again afterwards, it starts playing on the device I have my hands on

solution:

-start a song

-click on radio in the upper left

-then click on spotify connect button and connect to the desired device

sadly, I still can't control it from my Android device anymore 😞

kind regards,

cymetzberger

For those still interested, I solved the problem by manually installing the latest deb package:

http://repository.spotify.com/pool/non-free/s/spotify-client/

Well this at least get it playing now. Thanks for that. Weird how that happened. Currently happening on my win10 pc a OnePlus2 5.1.1 note3
4.2.2 and Yamaha rx-v675. Any known real fix as opposed to the work around?

Spotify Connect not working anymore for me on my receiver Pioneer VSX 830, even after clean reinstall. Help please ? 

Yeah. Mine actually started to give me problems again yesterday, Reinstalling that app on both my Phone and PC didn't, but after I reinstalled it on my HP Tablet it worked to control the PC. But to control the PC from my phone it would freeze the app on the phone...

Well, good thing I canceled my Subscription then, For what I do, VLC remote playback plugin works on both my tablet and Phone to control my PC, but I still have to have the internet for it to work, Oh well.

Recently one of my desktops has been intermittently be disappearing from the list of available devices on both my Android and other Desktops, even when it is actually playing Spotify. Last night while playing on the desktop, my Android didn't show it in the list and showed Spotify as playing on the Android. When I touched a song on the Android, it started playing it while the music from the desktop was also playing, so I was listening to two different streams simultaneously!

All the desktops are running Windows 10 and I've uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify on both desktop and Android.

If I kill Spotify on the desktop and restart it, it shows back up on the list of available devices, but after awhile, hours or days, it vanishes again. What really surprises me though is that even if the desktop Spotify is playing, it's not on the other machines' list.

Having the same problem with my Onkyo receiver and the Spotify app. When I select the receiver in the app it says, "connecting..." then nothing happens. 

Not exactly sure how "reset everything" is the solution to this. Love how Spotify considers an issue closed if one poster says it got fixed.

Still having problem with spotify connect. My hi fi player is a minx Xi from cambridge audio. And I can't listen anything because the music present several drop outs and gaps. First I thought was the internet conection but when I play music from my Itune library in the minx xi no matter the bitrate of the song there is no gaps even with 320 kbps. I think the problem is with the app. and how I read others posts it happens with diferents hi fi players.

Could you talk us through this? Cheers

ok... lost service... hope they give me a refund.. will try another service.... hate this lack of attention to issues... if you missed your payment they would sure fix that fast enough

Suggested posts