Spotify Connect Not Working At All

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Spotify Connect Not Working At All

ayla_898
Ours is working on some gadgets not others says there's a payment issue.

samvdb
Regular

I would like to inform anyone who is also having problems using spotify to connect to try the following.
This only applies to you if you are using a firewall / router which could block ports.
I only tested this using a Yamaha RX-V681 receiver.

- Add new firewall rule opening up port 

Source IP: <IP of your spotify speaker / receiver OR if you want any internal ip>
Destination: Any external IP

Spotify connect instantly worked on all my devices (wired or wireless), iphone and PC clients.

I hope this can help someone.

Viking2121
Casual Listener

Yeah I occasionally still have this problem, But my phones LTE you can not open ports, and my PC is set to DMZ so its all open. 

But what seems to have fixed it for me was hooking my PC to a gigabit switch, I got 3 PC's on that switch and they all seem to work fine with spotify, My phone even with wifi off still sometimes has issues despite it having a 120mbps connection.

Robyzas

I have a network Streamer Marantz na8005 and does not joined Spotify. Do you have any ideas on how to fix it so that I can connect to Spotify

jayjay555552787

cant get into my account to cacel premium tried lots plz help no hair left

sunnysammut
Music Fan

Same here, i tried more than once

Re: Spotify Not Working At All

Willj89
Trying to use Spotify on my Android not even pulling it up

martiher000

the music is not working

anttimonty
Casual Listener

Spotify connect is a **bleep**ing joke. 99% of the time it doesn't see my chromecast even though every other app in my and my fiancees phone utilize chromecast just fine. Makes me wan't to discontinue our family premium. More like premium piece of **bleep**.

bwarren97
Casual Listener

So I'm not sure why but Spotify Connect does seem to have some issues between devices connected to certain WiFi networks. Earlier I was trying to use my PC to control the music playing through my Android phone, but it either wasn't Spotify-connecting or it would connect without me able to control anything, which was very weird. As soon as I took my phone off the WiFi it seemed to work much better, but the control still seemed to be spotty; I can press pause on the PC to pause the music on the phone, but then it would immediately disconnect the phone. 

Idk if there is a way to fix it, it's not even my main WiFi connection so it doesn't bother me that much, just thought I'd share

SUGGESTED POSTS