Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect Not Working At All

Solved!

Spotify Connect Not Working At All

Still got premium. It's worked for months, until today it decided to randomly stop working. I can see only the PS4 on both my iPod and Desktop. This is extremely frustrating as i'm paying for this service and i just sorted out all my tech issues. I've tried logging out everywhere and that hasn't worked. I feel like Spotify might be having issues with their connect system as i'm pretty darn sure it's not my end. It's worked fine for ages and nothing has changed since then. 

118 Replies

Ours is working on some gadgets not others says there's a payment issue.

I would like to inform anyone who is also having problems using spotify to connect to try the following.
This only applies to you if you are using a firewall / router which could block ports.
I only tested this using a Yamaha RX-V681 receiver.

- Add new firewall rule opening up port 

Source IP: <IP of your spotify speaker / receiver OR if you want any internal ip>
Destination: Any external IP

Spotify connect instantly worked on all my devices (wired or wireless), iphone and PC clients.

I hope this can help someone.

Yeah I occasionally still have this problem, But my phones LTE you can not open ports, and my PC is set to DMZ so its all open. 

But what seems to have fixed it for me was hooking my PC to a gigabit switch, I got 3 PC's on that switch and they all seem to work fine with spotify, My phone even with wifi off still sometimes has issues despite it having a 120mbps connection.

I have a network Streamer Marantz na8005 and does not joined Spotify. Do you have any ideas on how to fix it so that I can connect to Spotify

cant get into my account to cacel premium tried lots plz help no hair left

Same here, i tried more than once

Trying to use Spotify on my Android not even pulling it up

the music is not working

Spotify connect is a **bleep**ing joke. 99% of the time it doesn't see my chromecast even though every other app in my and my fiancees phone utilize chromecast just fine. Makes me wan't to discontinue our family premium. More like premium piece of **bleep**.

So I'm not sure why but Spotify Connect does seem to have some issues between devices connected to certain WiFi networks. Earlier I was trying to use my PC to control the music playing through my Android phone, but it either wasn't Spotify-connecting or it would connect without me able to control anything, which was very weird. As soon as I took my phone off the WiFi it seemed to work much better, but the control still seemed to be spotty; I can press pause on the PC to pause the music on the phone, but then it would immediately disconnect the phone. 

Idk if there is a way to fix it, it's not even my main WiFi connection so it doesn't bother me that much, just thought I'd share

This is my situation right now. Spotify won't connect to my Chromecast??? Everything else is casting fine. This is frustrating.

Galaxy S8+ with most updated version of Spotify will not detect or scan for any devices on my network. EERO whole home Wi-Fi network. Connect devices include Denon AVR2300x and fireTV PLEASE HELP!
Marked as solution

I have been having the same issue with spotify not on pc not connecting to my android phone. The only thing i hadn't tried was dissconnecting from my work wifi (the same wifi that my work computer is on) and switched to my cell 4G service (for my phone only). Now it is working with no problems. 

Same thing here. Also unable to get a family member om family subscription, so i'm even more stuck!! Funny Spotify have like xxxx support except Twitter which i dont use.

And now i got a badge for posting a problem. Awesome. I'd rather get the problem fixed so i don't have to be in here!!

I have a Denon AVR-X2300W receiver and Spotify had been working fine with it. I just tried to connect today from my phone and there are no devices to select from. So I tried from my laptop and that can only 'see' my phone but says "Unavailable for listening on" so I don't think it's a problem with my devices. Has there been a recent update that's changed something? I'm on version 8.4.14.439 on my phone.

Marked as solution

Had a couple of updates to Spotify this week and now the ability to link to my Amp is working again. Version 8.4.17.640 armV7.

Spotify Connect worked fine for me for multiple years. But in the summer Spotify updated something and now I cannot play music through Yamaha RX-V775. We have four iPhones and two iPads and only one iPad can currently connect to receiver and play music normally. That one is running an old version of Spotify app. 8.4.13.1009. Others are running the latest version. Has Spotify ditched support for that receiver or is there a known bug, which will be fixed?

After my Pioneer receiver stopped working with Spotify in the latest updates, now I can't even listen 1 hour of music via my Chromecast without it losing connection with my Android. Even closing the Spotify App or reconnecting WiFi on mobile doesn't fix it. This connect feature is going worse and worse.

All devices could see each other except for my PC. And the PC did not see any other devices. Uninstalled and reinstalled on the PC and now it's working normally again.

Update: After my PC rebooted it broke again. Did another uninstall/install and it started working again. I then tried to uninstall, reboot, install, reboot. It is now working so I'm not sure if it will break again on next reboot or if that sequence somehow fixed it. I'll update again after next reboot.

Another Update after 1 week: No reboot, but it's broken again. Spotify please fix this!

Suggested posts