Spotify Windows player Discovery screen frozen display

Solved!

Re: Spotify Windows player Discovery screen frozen display

Downfall
Casual Listener

The post above this post resolved my problem completely. I added " --disable-accelerated-layers --disable-accelerated-fixed-root-background" to the end of the shortcut's path and voilá: Spotify runs just like before. No crashing and Discover-page looks normal again. Thank you!

It would be nice to know which part of the system confilcts with the new Spotify configuration: the GPU, OS or what?

Once more, thanks a lot. Saved my day.

Peter__
Community Legend

@user-removed - That is excellent work! 

I would imagine you have made quite a few peoples days - I will make sure this gets passed over to the Spotify teams. 

We are also getting several reports that updating your graphics card drivers from your vendors website will fix this issue. 

So it is probably a good plan to find out what type of card you have and hitting up nVidia/ATI/Intels site for an update ;) 

Peter

Edit: Adding driver details. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Rollo_
Roadie

Really, awesome.  I've started Spotify from the command line, but never bothered to look for any switches.  How did you find them?  Traditional methods don't seem to work.

davidsteltz

I am having the same issue described here...light blue blank screen on artist pages, discover page, etc. Spotify Version 0.9.4.178.g259772ba

I tried using Robt_Jamin's switches to no avail, and yes, my GPU driver is up to date.

Has anyone found any other solutions?

UPDATE:
The issue seems to have resolved itself for me; not sure what did it exactly, but I assume the update fixed the bug, as I am now running version 0.9.4.185.g7545a404 so thanks, Spotify!

ewilah
Casual Listener

I'm also having this problem for ~3 weeks now, except instead of light blue my Discover and Radio pages are both black. The links are still there, though, since the mouse cursor changes when i hover over the blackness. They're just not graphically visible.

So far I've checked that my graphics card drivers are up to date and reinstalled spotify. I've also been in contact with the tech support about this but so far they haven't come up with a solution. I tested today and web player seems to work just fine. I have also tried logging in using a different account but the blackness remains there as well.

I'm running spotify unlimited version 0.9.4.178.g259772ba on a 64-bit win7.

I also didn't really understand the possible solution about the switches, so if anyone would care to explain a bit more about those I'd be happy to try them out :D

westside_Frog
Casual Listener

Hi Greg

I have been experiencing this problem since the updated version of spotify had been released.
I have this kind of problem even if tried to reinstall it twice.

I really do not understand what can I do next...

My spotify version number is 0.9.4.185g7545a404

My operating system is Windows 7 64-bit

Thanks for the help !

edit: I also did the disabling thing but none of them seemed to work...

mollygauss77
Regular

I am having issues sharing music as I am getting a white box popup everytime I click "Share to" and came across this post. It seems like you were having a similiar problem. Can you please assist me with how you fixed this? THANK YOU!

Joe
Community Legend

Have you tried adding the switches mentioned earlier in this thread to your spotify shortcut?

DJSmooth
Roadie

I am having the same problem, my share button gives me a white/blank box, I've reinstalled but still not working, going on 2 weeks now. this is a work computer running windows 7, any help?  As a premium user i'd like tho get this sloved and working properly.  Thanks for the help 

Peter__
Community Legend

There is an update of the client rolling out from today which will hopefully (my fingers are crossed) fix this issue. Just click on the restart to upgrade banner when the rollout reaches you.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

SUGGESTED POSTS