Type in your question below and we'll check to see what answers we can find...
If you couldn't find any answers in the previous step then we need to post your question in the community and wait for someone to respond. You'll be notified when that happens.
Simply add some detail to your question and refine the title if needed, choose the relevant category, then post.
Before we can post your question we need you to quickly make an account (or sign in if you already have one).
Don't worry - it's quick and painless! Just click below, and once you're logged in we'll bring you right back here and post your question. We'll remember what you've already typed in so you won't have to do it again.
Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.
Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.
Loading ongoing issues...
My Question or Issue
After booting my PC and Spotify automatically opened, it started doing a bit weird. Whenever I play a song or podcast, it keeps skipping towards the next track on the playlist continously. When playing EPs it gives the following error message: "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." Actual local files, by the way, are working fine.
What have I already tried
Reboot, re-install, Windows update, GPU driver update, install windows store app (experienced same issue), browser (works fine), sign in/out, play on other devices (works fine on iOS and iPadOS), delete user data in appdata roaming, disable hardware acceleration, hide local files
- I've used a bluetooth box earlier via my iPhone, tried deleting it from my settings and reconnected, this didn't solve the issue, though it could have to do with it.
- I've got a soundcard installed (Asus Donar DGX), all audio plays through that and I can't find a way to change it, although all sounds from other apps play normally.
- I can't select other audio sources via the taskbar
- I've already had issues before with streaming Spotify via Streamlabs OBS. For some reason, it picked it's own source that I couldn't find anywhere, though I could still hear it play
- Other error that shows up: "When your music ends, we continue playing similar songs for you. You can turn this off in settings.". This literally happens after 1 second
Solved! Go to Solution.
You are not alone.