My Question or Issue
After booting my PC and Spotify automatically opened, it started doing a bit weird. Whenever I play a song or podcast, it keeps skipping towards the next track on the playlist continously. When playing EPs it gives the following error message: "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." Actual local files, by the way, are working fine.
What have I already tried
Reboot, re-install, Windows update, GPU driver update, install windows store app (experienced same issue), browser (works fine), sign in/out, play on other devices (works fine on iOS and iPadOS), delete user data in appdata roaming, disable hardware acceleration, hide local files
- I've used a bluetooth box earlier via my iPhone, tried deleting it from my settings and reconnected, this didn't solve the issue, though it could have to do with it.
- I've got a soundcard installed (Asus Donar DGX), all audio plays through that and I can't find a way to change it, although all sounds from other apps play normally.
- I can't select other audio sources via the taskbar
- I've already had issues before with streaming Spotify via Streamlabs OBS. For some reason, it picked it's own source that I couldn't find anywhere, though I could still hear it play
- Other error that shows up: "When your music ends, we continue playing similar songs for you. You can turn this off in settings.". This literally happens after 1 second
Solved! Go to Solution.
You are not alone.