Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops working

Spotify stops working

After Spotify has been idle for a time it often stops responding. I click somewhere in the Spotify window, but it just minimizes. The only thing Spotify seems to react to is maximize/minimize commands. You maximize again, click somewhere and the program minimizes again. Doesn't matter where you click, the whole Spotify windos is "locked". It looks normal apart from that.

Anyone had the same issue?

4 Replies

Hey @Sakkle,

It might be worth a try to disable hardware acceleration. Go to View, uncheck Hardware Acceleration, and restart your Spotify app.

Take care ๐Ÿ™‚

Ok... I've done that, but I don't really understand what this will accomplish. Guess I'll see over the next few days if the problem persists. Even if this solves the issue, is there still not a problem with Spotify that needs fixing?

I've now had time to monitor the situation for a while and this did not solve the problem. Same issue persists with hardware acceleration on or off.

I literally came here looking to post about this issue. I've been having it for a little while now and the only way to fix it is to relaunch Spotify. Really annoying.

Suggested posts