Premium

Country

USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

As of 10/03/22 I'm completely up to date on updates for Windows 10 and Spotify desktop app. Every time I try to upload an image to my playlist cover image, the whole app crashes. No crash notice, no "Not Responding", no error message. It just acts like I just exited it normally.
I tried using images for former playlists I've had on there for years, and even those same images are causing the app to crash. ]:

9 Replies

same thing is happening to me but I'm on windows 11 I'm going to try updating my pc but seeing your post makes me think it won't work.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies in this thread and for this thread 🙂

@SpookyHimbo we'd like to check, did you notice if this is happening in the web player as well? It'd be awesome if you could check. 

On another note, in this case, we'd like you to try and reinstall the app. To do it, you can follow the steps in this article. If you install the desktop app from the web page, try to uninstall that version and try installing the one from the Microsoft one or vice versa.

@BluKnight28, have you received any particular error? If yes, please send us a screenshot. Also, can you share with us the exact Spotify version you have installed?

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

dealing with the same issue rn not sure whats going on, ill look for an update from spotify and if i find it ill post it here

Hey @tollycat173

Thank you for your reply in this thread!

Would you mind letting us know what troubleshooting step you've tried to solve this?

As @AlejaR mentioned reinstallation of Spotify lets you start afresh with the latest app version by removing any corrupted files from previous installations that could be causing this issue. It's worth trying this, if you haven't tried it yet. 

On another note, does the issue occur on a different account on your device? Could you ask a friend or a family member to log in to their personal account using your device to see if they can replicate this? Any screenshots you can provide will also be helpful to identify what's causing the issue.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. Feel free to get back to us if you have any further questions 🙂

LyubkaModerator

so it works on other devices (tried from my phone) - however i did just manage to replicate it on this device with another person's account so i suspect it is a local issue.

i also tried reinstalling - i don't think it worked unfortunately , it might be an issue with my computer considering i'm operating on a drive with mild corruption issues. i recorded how the issue plays out, i chose a .webp image at random but it also applies to .pngs, .jpegs, etc, and affects all playlists on different accounts.

again, thank you for reaching out, this helps me a lot 🙂

Thanks for the video @tollycat173!

We'd like to look further into this folks. Could you share the following info:

• Your device's OS and version (for example Windows 10, 21H1). You can check that under Settings > About.
  • The version of Spotify you're running.
  • All the troubleshooting you've done so far.

If possible, try logging in to your account on the desktop app on another device (a friend's or a relative's would do the trick) to see if the issue persists there.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies. Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It does not do it on web player.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled from the Microsoft store and still having this error.

Hey there @SpookyHimbo,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know what version of the app you're running and how big is the image you're trying to upload? The recommended size is 300x300px.

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Issue is still happening on 04/03/2023 - and we used a test account as well with multiple different network types on my iphone 

IMG_05021 (1).PNG

Suggested posts