Step 1

NEXT STEP

Your Library : Albums not showing

Solved!

Your Library : Albums not showing

Premium: Family Plan

Windows 7

Version: 1.1.9.383.g9f48828e

The below problem started happening with the last update.

When Songs are saved to "Your Library", I can see Songs, but when I go to Albums ... nothing. It just says "Your favorite albums will appear here..." It doesn't matter if I save every song from an album or just a few, Albums never shows anything.

HOWEVER, this is not a problem for other members of the family (family plan). From the same computer, if I log into my son's account (he joined earlier than I did) his saved songs DO SHOW UP as Albums also.

I did an uninstall and reinstall of the app, but that did not fix the problem. I'm stumped. Does this have something to do with newer users that got the User ID (of system generated random letters and numbers) that is different than their "display name"? My son's account overview shows a username that is not random letters and numbers, but my username is random.

I would like to revert back to the previous version of the Desktop app, since new versions have a tendency to break things. BTW, what's up with search only showing 80 results? Before last March, search results were "unlimited". Limiting it to just 80 is super lame.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Puglifiled, help's arrived. 

It's expected that only saved albums will appear under 'Albums' in your Library. So in order to see albums, you have to go to each one you want and hit the save button. If your son didn't do this, what might've happened can be explained here.

If you think this is something others would like to have changed, feel free to submit an idea so other people can vote for it and contribute to the discussion.

Regarding the 80 track limit, it's currently under investigation here. Make sure to add your +Vote and comment the relevant info.

Hope that explains things!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Puglifiled, help's arrived. 

It's expected that only saved albums will appear under 'Albums' in your Library. So in order to see albums, you have to go to each one you want and hit the save button. If your son didn't do this, what might've happened can be explained here.

If you think this is something others would like to have changed, feel free to submit an idea so other people can vote for it and contribute to the discussion.

Regarding the 80 track limit, it's currently under investigation here. Make sure to add your +Vote and comment the relevant info.

Hope that explains things!

Thanks Jemi for the explanation. I see now what is different. The toggle button for showing "Saved Albums Only" shows up for my son, but not for me. So basically, I have lost the tiled album view of saved Songs. I don't like it. I don't like it at all. I miss the ability to get a quick visual of all the album cover images for my saved Songs.

I would like to have this "Saved Albums Only" switch put back on my Albums folder in my Library, please. OR, how about a button for Tiled View in the Songs folder, so I can see album images?

I only use Your Library as a working area while building playlists. Typical my library is empty. Tagging tracks with the "saved" checkmark is extremely handy with splitting/merging playlist, or building complex playlists. (I sure wish I could SORT on SAVED/UNSAVED in a playlist.)  Also, having a tiled Album view that shows album covers of Saved Songs is very useful.

So today I just discovered that if I save a bunch of songs from various albums, and I save at least ONE album from these saved songs, I get the rest of the albums showing up under this new "Recommended Ablums based on saved songs". Ok fine, that works. Tomeytoes tomahtoes. It's just a couple extra mouse clicks. No biggie. Case closed.

I don't really understand why "Your Library : Songs" even exists. Isn't it just another playlist, except one that you can't make public and can't delete? I wish every playlist had the ability to do a image-tiled view on albums or artists (especially albums).

Well **bleep**. This "Recommended Albums" thingy does not work like I was hoping. This is still a BIG problem with the new way of showing Your Library : Albums. PLEASE bring back the ability of also showing Saved Songs on the Albums page via the "Saved Albums Only" toggle switch that, if turned off, shows Saved Songs in a Tiled Album View !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I'll just dive deeper into the WebAPI and whip up something that works the way I want it to work. So I don't really care how Albums and Artists work in Your Library anymore. As long as we still see checkmarks, in Playlists, for Saved Songs in the library, that's good enough, I guess.

can you see your liked song playlist?

I adapted ages ago on this. No issues any longer. Figured out a workaround for this not too long after the changes. The disappearance of the heart symbol has caused some new wrinkles. The download symbol is now my new heart symbol.

Suggested posts