Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Tryp
  • Casual Listener
  • 67 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 67 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Spotify is the single worst PC app I have ever used.

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceEvery PC, doesn't matterOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueMy issue is that I pay $10 a month for this app and it completely sucks **bleep**. It is such a pain to use. The amount of times I have to clo...

•   Plan Premium Country United States Device Every PC, doesn't matter Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue My issue is that I pay $10 a month for this app and it com...
  • DevilEars
  • Roadie
  • 10 replies
  • 34 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 34 likes

PC refuses to play Local files

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceWindows PCOperating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueOk so this is a weird one; as of yesterday, my PC refuses to play spotify Local Files. Some are greyed out while others are not and when you try play a file it wont ...

• Plan Premium Country UK Device Windows PC Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue Ok so this is a weird one; as of yesterday, my PC refuses to play spotify Local Files. So...
  • ToonaFish
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify App Desktop Windows 10 Doesn't Work

PlanPremiumCountryItalyDevice(Pc)Operating System(iWindows 10) My Question or IssueAfter the login in the spotify desktop the app show me that all playlist are empty.It work with web player and on smartphone app.

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Italy Device (Pc) Operating System (iWindows 10)   My Question or Issue After the login in the spotify desktop the app show me that all playlist are empty....
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify App Won't Load

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 I've been having an issue with the Spotify Windows app for the last few weeks. When I open it, most times the app will open and just sit there blank and not load anything at all. I then have ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   I've been having an issue with the Spotify Windows app for the last few weeks. When I open it, most times the app wil...
  • Elena
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Desktop app unusable

Can't change playlist coverCan't change playlist descriptionCan't sort music in any wayCan't select / move / delete multiple songsNo Local Files So, basically, the desktop app got replaced with the web version for no apparent reason. This is very sad...

• Can't change playlist cover Can't change playlist description Can't sort music in any way Can't select / move / delete multiple songs No Local Files   So, basically, the desktop app got re...
  • jonniemiles1
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Desktop
    Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Não consigo ouvir as musicas.

Nenhuma das informações abaixo é necessária. No entanto, quanto mais você fornecer, mais fácil será a tentativa de ajudar.PlanoPrêmioPaísBrasilSistema operacionalWindows 10 Minha pergunta ou problemaO Spotify não consegue tocar isso no momento. Se vo...

• Casual Listener
  • Nenhuma das informações abaixo é necessária. No entanto, quanto mais você fornecer, mais fácil será a tentativa de ajudar. Plano Prêmio País Brasil Sistema operacional Windows 10   Minha...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution All Artists no longer displayed under "Artists"

I wonder if someone knows the answer to this very simple but also very frustrating new quirk that Spotify seem to have introduced. Only artists that I follow now show up under the "Artists" tab. Whereas last week it was showing all the artists that I...

• Casual Listener
  • I wonder if someone knows the answer to this very simple but also very frustrating new quirk that Spotify seem to have introduced.  Only artists that I follow now show up under the "Artists" ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

No Way to Select all Songs in a Playlist

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhenever I use Ctrl+A, shift + left click, or the "select all" button under "edit," it doesn't select any songs. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Is this a premium-...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country United States Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Whenever I use Ctrl+A, shift + left click, or the "select all" button under "edit," it doesn't select a...
  • freiwald
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Despues de 2 segundos canción pierde instrumentos y se escucha prácticamente solo la voz. Windos 10

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • equalización
    Volumen
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Dislike Function

I have Spotify Premium in the UK. I use it on my phone (Android) and my Desktop App (Windows 10). The desktop app does not have the 'dislike' function for when the 'made for you' daily playlist selects a song that you don't like, and do not want to h...

• I have Spotify Premium in the UK. I use it on my phone (Android) and my Desktop App (Windows 10). The desktop app does not have the 'dislike' function for when the 'made for you' daily playlist selec...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist Radios

Hey Spotifyers,I have a problem with the playlist radios since a few months. I listen to a lot of music of all kind. So i know quite a lot of songs but compared to how much music exists I know nothing. But still, every time i start playlist radios th...

• Hey Spotifyers, I have a problem with the playlist radios since a few months. I listen to a lot of music of all kind. So i know quite a lot of songs but compared to how much music exists I know noth...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • playlist radio
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

There is no sound coming from the spotify app on windows

Things I have tried -Unplugging my headphones-turning up and down the volume-checked drivers-turned on crossfade-turned off crossfade-turned volume to loud-turned volume to quiet-turned volume to normal-restart spotify-restart computer-uninstall spot...

• Things I have tried   -Unplugging my headphones -turning up and down the volume -checked drivers -turned on crossfade -turned off crossfade -turned volume to loud -turned volume to quiet...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback Error

My desktop Spotify app cannot play songs sequentially. I always get an error after a song plays - Can't play the current song. I don't get this error when I use the Web Player or the app on my Android phone. I've asked this on Spotify's Twitter handl...

• My desktop Spotify app cannot play songs sequentially. I always get an error after a song plays - Can't play the current song. I don't get this error when I use the Web Player or the app on my Androi...
  • easys
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs keep adding to my playlists. Only Yas T songs.

PlanFreeCountryTurkeyDevice(PC)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueI have this problem for now like a month now and I want it to stop. This Yas T guy keep adding his songs to all my playlists that created and it started to bug me.

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country Turkey Device (PC) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue I have this problem for now like a month now and I want it to stop. This Yas T guy kee...
  • lwall
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Can’t Change Playlist Covers

Today i opened a new account and when i tried to change the cover of my playlist, i couldn’t. The pen icon doesn’t show up. There isn’t an option about changing the cover. Also the apps theme was different. I saw a reply to someone that has the same ...

• Visitor
  • Today i opened a new account and when i tried to change the cover of my playlist, i couldn’t. The pen icon doesn’t show up. There isn’t an option about changing the cover. Also the apps theme was dif...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New web UI on new account I created

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceUnknownOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro My Question or IssueI recently created a new Spotify account (this one) for a simple username change. When I use Spotify on my new account, it has the web interface. I have lost so many fe...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country USA Device Unknown Operating System Windows 10 Pro   My Question or Issue I recently created a new Spotify account (this one) for a simple username change. When I use...
  • phishpot
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Artist no longer moves to the top of Artists page when I add a new song

PlanPremium - FamilyCountryUKDeviceDell - Late 2018Operating SystemWindows 10 Pro My Question or IssuePreviously when I liked a new song of an artist I followed, it would bump the artist to the top of the artist page and add the song to the top of th...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium - Family Country UK Device Dell - Late 2018 Operating System Windows 10 Pro   My Question or Issue Previously when I liked a new song of an artist I followed, it would bum...
  • Jonneth
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify in Windows Server 2019 Core mode

PlanPremiumCountryAUDevice(iPhone Operating System(Windows Server 2019 Core Mode) My Question or IssueRecently I upgraded from Windows Server 2016 Core Mode to Windows Server 2019 Core Mode as recommended by AudioPhil for better sound quality since I...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country AU Device (iPhone 😎 Operating System (Windows Server 2019 Core Mode)   My Question or Issue Recently I upgraded from Windows Server 2016 Core Mode to Windows Serv...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows Server 2019 Core Mode
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify "interface" issue

PlanPremiumCountryPortugalDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSo , when i log in i see a new design on the app that i will include a pricture so you guys can see , and the design remove's a lot of features for example , the da...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Portugal Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue So , when i log in i see a new design on the app that i will include a pricture so you g...
  • DevilEars
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Can't view Facebook friends when I click 'Find Friends'- error screen

When I open the desktop app, I can view my Facebook friend's activity on the right side of the app. When I scroll down to the bottom, it gives me the option to 'find friends' so I can find and follow my other Facebook friends. I receive the attached ...

• Visitor
  • When I open the desktop app, I can view my Facebook friend's activity on the right side of the app. When I scroll down to the bottom, it gives me the option to 'find friends' so I can find and follow...
  • rhrahulhaldar
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Connect
    Desktop
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes