Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Solved!! reinstalled spotify, ui different

i recently reinstalled spotify to try and fix the issue i was having with discord integration (which i still can't figure out) and the album ui was different. i mean sure i dont really care about it beacuse i can still use it but it still annoys me t...

image.png
  • Regular
  • i recently reinstalled spotify to try and fix the issue i was having with discord integration (which i still can't figure out) and the album ui was different. i mean sure i dont really care about it ...
  • exwum
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • UI
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Songs won't play, and now are not appearing

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi, so I've been looking at many solutions and answer regarding my issue.. None have worked. So for awhile, my songs on spotify (Only on PC) would play, then after 4 seconds j...

• Not applicable
  • Plan Premium Country US Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi, so I've been looking at many solutions and answer regarding my issue.. None have worked. So for...
  • cadill
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Search function

What is wrong with the search function? I search for my favorite artists and nothing comes up.

• Roadie
  • What is wrong with the search function?  I search for my favorite artists and nothing comes up.  
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Stop playing the selected song in Spotify?

Is there a way to stop the music in Spotify so that the "Now Playing" banner at the bottom dissapears? In iTunes, you can do this with the shortcut "CTRL-Period" (or "CMD-Period" if you're on Mac). Is there a similar function on Spotify?

• Is there a way to stop the music in Spotify so that the "Now Playing" banner at the bottom dissapears? In iTunes, you can do this with the shortcut "CTRL-Period" (or "CMD-Period" if you're on Mac). I...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Video Ad loading freezes screen and mouse (Windows 10)

PlanFree/PremiumOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueVideo ads seem to take up so much processing power that the screen freezes for multiple seconds. The sound continues, but the video and my mouse are stuck until it finishes buffering. Is ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Video ads seem to take up so much processing power that the screen freezes for multiple seconds. The sound continues, b...
  • milolo
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't update playlist cover.

I am updating my playlist cover on desktop, after I update it I can see the new cover in my desktop but when I go to my mobile spotify app and open the same playlist I see the old cover, and after doing that my desktop cover changes to the old one to...

• Regular
  • I am updating my playlist cover on desktop, after I update it I can see the new cover in my desktop but when I go to my mobile spotify app and open the same playlist I see the old cover, and after do...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • cover
    Playlist
    problem
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify changes song constantly and automatically when I press the play button

PlanPremiumCountryArgentinaOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueA few days ago the desktop application for windows changes song constantly when I press the play button, I have the application on android and it does not happen the same, it w...

• Plan Premium Country Argentina Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue A few days ago the desktop application for windows changes song constantly when I press the play button,...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows 10 app mouse problem

PlanFree/PremiumCountryukDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueMy Windows app has started acting funny. When clicking on most things, like the Home icon, playback controls, foward/back arrows, nothing happens. The scroll bar works, a...

• Plan Free/Premium Country uk Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue My Windows app has started acting funny. When clicking on most things, like the Home icon, pla...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is non-responsive. Plays music but won't pause or change volume.

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceDell Inspiron 5379Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSpotify takes a minute or two to respond to 'pause' or 'change volume' actions. Similar or longer response time to loading playlists.

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device Dell Inspiron 5379 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Spotify takes a minute or two to respond to 'pause' or 'change volume' actions...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Lag
    Lagging
    laggy
    slow
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify is often doing nothing after typing in a band's name ... please help

hi, I really have a problem that costs a lot of nerves .... my spotify doesn't work anymore (most of the time)when I want to search music - I can type in the band but nothing more happens. and that seriousely is very frustrating.maybe somebody please...

• hi,   I really have a problem that costs a lot of nerves .... my spotify doesn't work anymore (most of the time) when I want to search music - I can type in the band but nothing more happen...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Auto play and looping the same song error

PlanPremiumCountryVietnamDeviceAsus Laptop Operating SystemWin 10My Question or IssueI have a problem and it is playing the same song over and over times, even when i pause the song it still keep playing back and when i change to another song its wil...

• Plan Premium Country Vietnam Device Asus Laptop  Operating System Win 10 My Question or Issue I have a problem and it is playing the same song over and over times, even when i pause the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Random Play?

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceWindows Lapatop and iPhoneOperating SystemWindows (most recent) and Apple iPhone or something My Question or IssueMy spotify is randomly playing music that I've never heard of from artists I've also never heard of. From wha...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Windows Lapatop and iPhone Operating System Windows (most recent) and Apple iPhone or something   My Question or Issue My spotify is randomly playing mu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

cant download spotify

PlanpremiumCountrySGPDevicehp pavilionOperating Systemwindows 10 My Question or Issuei had the app installed on my pc at first, but it kept saying it was offline. i logged out of it, toggled with the firewall setting as it says that i cant login due ...

Screenshot 2019-06-08 03.13.19.png
  • Plan premium Country SGP Device hp pavilion Operating System windows 10   My Question or Issue i had the app installed on my pc at first, but it kept saying it was offline. i logged ou...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I am not able to play a single song.

PlanFree CountryU.S.A DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor months now, i have had an issue where the weekly and daily mixes have 90% of the songs just not available, not visible. So the weekly/daily playlist would end up with an...

• Plan Free   Country U.S.A   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue For months now, i have had an issue where the weekly and daily mixes have 90% of th...
  • Detru
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Infinite Loading Cycle

I have the premium plan, operating in the US on a Windows 10 HP laptop I've searched for my issue and the result on this site was a thread which described something about a host file. I found the correct folder, opened the file, and it's a text file ...

• I have the premium plan, operating in the US on a Windows 10 HP laptop   I've searched for my issue and the result on this site was a thread which described something about a host file. I foun...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I don't want to receive editor's picks about Swiss German music

PlanPremiumCountry DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 I receive daily on my home page so called Editor's pick, usually all about Swiss German music, only because I'm based in Switzerland. Is there a way to correct thta. I really don't care for Swiss ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   I receive daily on my home page so called Editor's pick, usually all about Swiss German music, only because I'm based...
  • Jeremy
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

I can' listen with my bluetooth headphone

When ı want to play music on my pc its playing on the pc not bluetooth headphone

• Casual Listener
  • When ı want to play music on my pc its playing on the pc not bluetooth headphone  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost all the songs in my playlists

Plan FreeCountry SpainDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThis morning when I opened Spotify to listen to some music, all my songs where gone both form my playlists and from the saved/favourite songs (around 3000). The playlist are...

• Plan  Free Country  Spain Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue This morning when I opened Spotify to listen to some music, all my songs where gone bot...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Desktop overlay shows chrome.exe even if it is turned off

PlanPremiumCountry Finland DevicePCOperating SystemWin 10 My Question or IssueIssue #1So after the latest spotify patch 1.1.8.439.g8502297d the overlay that pops up when you switch songs etc. comes on automatically even if it's turned off everytime s...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  Finland   Device PC Operating System Win 10   My Question or Issue Issue #1 So after the latest spotify patch 1.1.8.439.g8502297d the ove...
  • pawraf71
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes