Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Podcasts Updated List

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceAllOperating SystemAll My Question or IssueIt would be great to have the option to organise your podcasts in one giant list with them sorted as "most recently updated" so you have the most recently released podcast fr...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device All Operating System All   My Question or Issue It would be great to have the option to organise your podcasts in one giant list with them sorted ...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files Greying Out

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDevicePC, Laptop, SmartphoneOperating SystemWindows 8 For some reason after I made playlists with local files and download them on my PC, everything works. But after I downloaded the playlists on my Laptop which operates on Wi...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device PC, Laptop, Smartphone Operating System Windows 8    For some reason after I made playlists with local files and download them on my PC, everythi...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Greying Out
    local files
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Some Songs Don't Play

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDell Inspiron 5558Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSome songs I try to play don't seem to play and this has been happening for months now. I've reinstalled from spotify.com and from the Windows Store to no ava...

Screenshot_1.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Dell Inspiron 5558 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Some songs I try to play don't seem to play and this has been happening for months...
  • Kedpy
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Fix Navigating to Current Song

When a song is playing, you can click on the album art to immediately navigate to the song and playlist where you're listening to it from.I've noticed that this often takes me to a different song in the same playlist, and highlighting it instead.Atta...

• Casual Listener
  • When a song is playing, you can click on the album art to immediately navigate to the song and playlist where you're listening to it from. I've noticed that this often takes me to a different song i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Mark Podcast Played

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueAllow the ability to mark a podcast episode played from the desktop like you have on mobile devices.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Allow the ability to mark a podcast episode played from the desktop like you have on mobile ...
  • cmhhelrich
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 15 likes

Spotify won't start

Hello! I can't start my spotify, when I run the program it just says "app won't start" . I tried to reinstall the program but for some reason I need to start the app before I delete it. Please help!

• Visitor
  • Hello!   I can't start my spotify, when I run the program it just says "app won't start" . I tried to reinstall the program but for some reason I need to start the app before I delete it. &nb...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Pressing the side button of the mouse to go back will scroll you to the bottom of the album page

Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueGo to any artist with a lot of releases (Moby is a really good example). Go to their about page and scroll to the bottom of it (has to be the very bottom). Then press the sidebutton on your mouse to go b...

• Visitor
  • Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Go to any artist with a lot of releases (Moby is a really good example). Go to their about page and scroll to the bottom of it (has to be t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to dislike track

PlanPremiumDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI'm new to Spotify, coming from Google Play Music. There, I could dislike a track, something I'd like to do here too. I'm using the windows desktop app to start track/playlist radios b...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I'm new to Spotify, coming from Google Play Music. There, I could dislike a track, something I'd like to do here...
  • zoltane
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify can't play this right now.... (Then when?)

PlanFreeCountryItalyDevice/OSWindows 10 My Question or IssueIn many of my playlists many songs are slowly turning grey and unplayable ("Spotify can't play this right now..."), this is happening since 2-3 days ago, I am not sure. I have already tried ...

spotify wha.png
  • Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Italy Device/OS Windows 10   My Question or Issue In many of my playlists many songs are slowly turning grey and unplayable ("Spotify can't play this right now...")...
  • miguelmnt
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

How come the same songs repeat instead of the rest of the 915 liked songs that I have?

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung S6 Active and PCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueSo I have about 915 songs that I've liked. How come I find my songs playing in the same loop, even though I have it set to shuffle with repeat off? There...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung S6 Active and PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue So I have about 915 songs that I've liked.  How come I find my songs pl...
  • AyKayAllDay
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Sort By Date - Stopped working for personal playlists

My Issue: Sort By Date - Sort by Date stopped working for personal playlistsThe calendar icon is no longer 'clickable' resulting in the up/down arrow for sorting. Sort by Title/Artist/Album still work.... ... but not sort by DATE. Any thoughts? (Fami...

• Casual Listener
  • My Issue: Sort By Date - Sort by Date stopped working for personal playlists The calendar icon is no longer 'clickable' resulting in the up/down arrow for sorting.  Sort by Title/Artist/Al...
  • jspot370
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unusually long loading time

When viewing the "About" tab on an Artist's page, if you press the "Go Back" button twice, the presses the "Go forward" button to return to the previous screen, you will be presented with a blank screen and will take an usually large amount of time t...

• Visitor
  • When viewing the "About" tab on an Artist's page, if you press the "Go Back" button twice, the presses the "Go forward" button to return to the previous screen, you will be presented with a blank scr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution League of Legends lags very badly when spotify is playing (even in offline mode)

PlanPremiumCountry U.S.AOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue When I play League, I love to listen to music. However, recently when I have tried to play spotify even in offline mode when I'm in game, I first get heavy fps lag, then soon aft...

• Plan Premium Country  U.S.A Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  When I play League, I love to listen to music. However, recently when I have tried to play spoti...
  • Darkonyan
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Freezing Windows 10

PlanFree/PremiumCountrySouth AfricaDevice(Lenovo Laptop)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueThe Spotify app freezes 95% of the time you open it, theres no way around it except by using the Webplayer The Windows App is pathetic My PC has ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country South Africa Device (Lenovo Laptop) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue The Spotify app freezes 95% of the time you open it, theres no way ar...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Browser is way faster than the app! How can this be possible...?!

My Question or IssueBrowser takes about 2-4 seconds to load all my saved songs and playlist while the app (which is supposed to be faster) takes about 3-4 minutes to just load the menu screen! Songs and playlists more 9-10 minutes to load. This happe...

• My Question or Issue Browser takes about 2-4 seconds to load all my saved songs and playlist while the app (which is supposed to be faster) takes about 3-4 minutes to just load the menu screen! Song...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Podcasts] Hide "featured podcasts" and "you might also like"

1. I want to be able to hide "Featured Podcasts" at the bottom of the Podcasts page since I'm really not interested in them. 2. I want the mobile app to NOT show "you might also like" for every single episode. I know what I like and don't really need...

• Casual Listener
  • 1. I want to be able to hide "Featured Podcasts" at the bottom of the Podcasts page since I'm really not interested in them.   2. I want the mobile app to NOT show "you might also like" for ev...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Delete

Please delete - I've resolved my issue.

• Casual Listener
  • Please delete - I've resolved my issue.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app crashes after pressing "play"

Hi! I saw a thread discussing the issue I am having, but it is locked. However, the issue still persists for me. PlanFreeCountryWest-Europe (rather not specify)Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueEvery time I open the Spotify desktop app, ...

• Visitor
  • Hi! I saw a thread discussing the issue I am having, but it is locked. However, the issue still persists for me.   Plan Free Country West-Europe (rather not specify) Operating System Wind...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it!

Does anyone know why I get the below error on my Spotify Windows app?OS: Windows 10 pro version - 1093.

Spotify_Error.JPG
  • Casual Listener
  • Does anyone know why I get the below error on my Spotify Windows app? OS: Windows 10 pro version - 1093.
  • Rene01
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Social & Random
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Mark all as played

I'd like to send a feature request: Enable "mark all as played" for podcasts, which has been mentioned in the comments of the following post. https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/Podcast-Mark-Podcasts-as-Played/idi-p/1757080 https://com...

• Casual Listener
  • I'd like to send a feature request:   Enable "mark all as played" for podcasts, which has been mentioned in the comments of the following post.   https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implem...
  • musicit
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 21 likes