Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! Can't update playlist cover.

I am updating my playlist cover on desktop, after I update it I can see the new cover in my desktop but when I go to my mobile spotify app and open the same playlist I see the old cover, and after doing that my desktop cover changes to the old one to...

• Regular
  • I am updating my playlist cover on desktop, after I update it I can see the new cover in my desktop but when I go to my mobile spotify app and open the same playlist I see the old cover, and after do...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • cover
    problem
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No Dowloads and Music stops

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe music stops playing afer about 8sec. Also i can't dowload any songs it just loads for days. I've already tried to reinstall the app several times

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The music stops playing afer about 8sec. Also i can't dowload any songs it just loads for days. I've alrea...
  • IN_Lx
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

songs missing from my playlist

Hi ! I had a playlist with almost 1500 songs. But since a few day there are only 16 left. I don't understand why and how to find them. I already try to disconnect and reconnect, to reinstall the application and to look in the web player. But nothing ...

• Regular
  • Hi ! I had a playlist with almost 1500 songs. But since a few day there are only 16 left. I don't understand why and how to find them. I already try to disconnect and reconnect, to reinstall the appl...
  • Sasquia
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't update nor uninstall

PlanFreeCountrySwitzerlandDeviceHomemade DesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 OEMMy Question or IssueSpotify won't install. It spits out error code 18 and straight after that error code 3. So I googled what that is and apparently 18 occurs when spotify ...

• Plan Free Country Switzerland Device Homemade Desktop Operating System Windows 10 OEM My Question or Issue Spotify won't install. It spits out error code 18 and straight after that error cod...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Static when playing downloaded playlists

PlanPremiumAll Music DevicePCOperating System Windows 10 Pro x64 1809JBL Hard wired stereo speakers fed with shielded Monster cablesVideo GeForce GT 710 to ViewSonic VA2465 Via shielded HDMIAudio: Old Realtek VA2465 High Definition AudioPrimary stora...

• Plan Premium All Music   Device PC Operating System   Windows 10 Pro x64 1809 JBL Hard wired stereo speakers fed with shielded Monster cables Video GeForce GT 710 to ViewSonic VA2...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • cracking
    Pop
    static
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [windows] logitech mouse next/previous track

DeviceLaptop/DesktopOperating SystemWindows 10, Logitech G203, Logitech Gaming Software My Question or IssueI set up my G203 mouse with bind to next/previous track with up/down mouse button, but last update broke itAny fix?

• Device Laptop/Desktop Operating System Windows 10, Logitech G203, Logitech Gaming Software   My Question or Issue I set up my G203 mouse with bind to next/previous track with up/down mouse...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Logitech
    mouse
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop][Other] Spotify is working on everything EXCEPT the desktop!

I use Spotify on my iMac, iPhone, and PC, but whenever I log into my account on my PC, nothing will load. It used to just be a select few songs, but now I can't play anything. I only have this problem with the desktop app on my PC, the web player and...

• Visitor
  • I use Spotify on my iMac, iPhone, and PC, but whenever I log into my account on my PC, nothing will load. It used to just be a select few songs, but now I can't play anything. I only have this proble...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Collaborate Playlists Follower following without a link

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceWindows Computer, Samsung Galaxy S8Operating SystemWindows 10, Android My IssueI have a Collaborate Playlist with two friends, but someone else followed the playlist without receiving a link. Furthermore you cant see th...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Windows Computer, Samsung Galaxy S8 Operating System Windows 10, Android   My Issue I have a Collaborate Playlist with two friends, but someone else...
  • piepchecker
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify hidden and no Icons.

I can't see the spotify window, I can only see it at taskbar, and no Icons at the notification area, I tried reinstalling and it didn't work, It's been a few days, I can't solve the problem, please help.

• Casual Listener
  • I can't see the spotify window, I can only see it at taskbar, and no Icons at the notification area, I tried reinstalling and it didn't work, It's been a few days, I can't solve the problem, please h...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Show music

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceWindows 10 ProOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro My Question or IssueI would like to know if it is possible to show the name of the music that goes on our screen when we play? Without going through software

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country France Device Windows 10 Pro Operating System Windows 10 Pro   My Question or Issue I would like to know if it is possible to show the name of the music that goes ...
  • Keanu_C
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! reinstalled spotify, ui different

i recently reinstalled spotify to try and fix the issue i was having with discord integration (which i still can't figure out) and the album ui was different. i mean sure i dont really care about it beacuse i can still use it but it still annoys me t...

image.png
  • Regular
  • i recently reinstalled spotify to try and fix the issue i was having with discord integration (which i still can't figure out) and the album ui was different. i mean sure i dont really care about it ...
  • exwum
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • UI
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify web player plays a couple of songs but stops, how do I enable continuous play?

PlanPremium for FamilyCountryAustraliaDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro My Question or IssueIn a large playlist of songs spotify web player will only play a couple of songs and keep stopping between songs. How do i get it to continuously pl...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium for Family Country Australia Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10 Pro   My Question or Issue In a large playlist of songs spotify web player will only play a couple ...
  • MitchG2
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Stop playing the selected song in Spotify?

Is there a way to stop the music in Spotify so that the "Now Playing" banner at the bottom dissapears? In iTunes, you can do this with the shortcut "CTRL-Period" (or "CMD-Period" if you're on Mac). Is there a similar function on Spotify?

• Is there a way to stop the music in Spotify so that the "Now Playing" banner at the bottom dissapears? In iTunes, you can do this with the shortcut "CTRL-Period" (or "CMD-Period" if you're on Mac). I...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there a way to recover a specific version of a playlist?

Is there a way to recover a specific version of a playlist? I accidentaly deleted all the songs on a playlist but not the playlist itself. I've been working on this playlist for the nearly two years I've had Spotify, so I'm really hoping there's a so...

• Is there a way to recover a specific version of a playlist? I accidentaly deleted all the songs on a playlist but not the playlist itself. I've been working on this playlist for the nearly two years ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"All Songs" won't load

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I am attempting to view "all songs" but when I scroll down they won't load. The wheel keeps turning but the songs won't load up. This used to work and I used it from...

Capture.PNG
  •   Plan Premium Country Canada Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   I am attempting to view "all songs" but when I scroll down they won't load...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problemas con una playlist en la aplicacion

PlanPremiumPaisChileDispositivoComputadorSistema OperativoWindows 10 My Question or IssueTengo un problema que en mi aplicacion de celular tengo mi playlist y me aparecen todas mis canciones, en el sitio web tambien tengo mi playlist con todas mis ca...

• Plan Premium Pais Chile Dispositivo Computador Sistema Operativo Windows 10   My Question or Issue Tengo un problema que en mi aplicacion de celular tengo mi playlist y me aparecen t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Stuck at Migrating your spotify data.

I've been dealing with this problem, when I accidently installed a virus, but I got it removed. I even tried reinstalling and it still doesn't works, even after days go by i'm still stuck at it, I'm also been waiting for hours for that to be done.I a...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been dealing with this problem, when I accidently installed a virus, but I got it removed. I even tried reinstalling and it still doesn't works, even after days go by i'm still stuck at it, I'm ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Video Ad loading freezes screen and mouse (Windows 10)

PlanFree/PremiumOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueVideo ads seem to take up so much processing power that the screen freezes for multiple seconds. The sound continues, but the video and my mouse are stuck until it finishes buffering. Is ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Video ads seem to take up so much processing power that the screen freezes for multiple seconds. The sound continues, b...
  • milolo
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [WINDOWS] Spotify opens automatically even after turning startup settings off.

PlanFree.CountryIndia.DeviceLenovo Ideapad 530s. (i7 8th Gen, 16 gigs.)Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSo in a nutshell I want a experience like Discord has for the startup behaviour of their application. Even after switching it to NO....

image.png image.png image.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Free. Country India. Device Lenovo Ideapad 530s. (i7 8th Gen, 16 gigs.) Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue So in a nutshell I want a experience like Discord has fo...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Lost Music

I have recently logged into Spotify using my User Name which is [snip - Community Moderator edit for privacy reasons]. Tried to log in and failed, so I used the reset password option and did as instructed and had email back and to use User Name [snip...

• Casual Listener
  • I have recently logged into Spotify using my User Name which is [snip - Community Moderator edit for privacy reasons]. Tried to log in and failed, so I used the reset password option and did as instr...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes