Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • crawford13x
  • Regular
  • 60 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 21 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Their_UI_sux_blows
  • 239 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 239 replies
  • 20 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

My activity not showing in last.fm and discord

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueLast.fm and Discord can't see what music I'm playing, other users can see my activity, but I suspect that not for long. I've been listening to music pretty much nonstop al...

• Plan Premium Country Poland Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Last.fm and Discord can't see what music I'm playing, other users can see my activity, but I su...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[FIX] Spotify doesn't show friends activity or doesn't play new songs

Recently, my Spotify got some problems like: i wasn't able to see what my friends were listening to, or the biggest one, i couldn't listen to other songs if they weren't in my library.I fixed it by sending tickets to the Spotify support, after some d...

• Recently, my Spotify got some problems like: i wasn't able to see what my friends were listening to, or the biggest one, i couldn't listen to other songs if they weren't in my library. I fixed it by...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't listen some artists on PC

PlanFreeCountryFrance DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI discover new artists and I just want to listen and add them to my playlist, but the songs doesn't play, even if I play an album if I pass to next song I can see it's chang...

•   Plan Free Country France   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I discover new artists and I just want to listen and add them to my playlist, but ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to Link Cortana and Spotify

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceWindows 10 PC My IssueWhen I try to link the Spotify service to Cortana, a blank page is shown and nothing happens after. I am able to connect to other services such as LinkedIn or Google.It seems that the calls from Cortana ...

• Plan Premium Country   Device Windows 10 PC   My Issue When I try to link the Spotify service to Cortana, a blank page is shown and nothing happens after.  I am able to connec...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Song keeps skipping on Desktop and Android Player

PlanFreeCountryJapanDeviceLaptop/Xiaomi Redmi Note5Operating SystemWindows 8.1/Android My Question or IssueOnce I click on the playlist I've created the songs keep skipping until I hit the Pause/Stop button. I don't hear any sound, I just see the tit...

• Plan Free Country Japan Device Laptop/Xiaomi Redmi Note5 Operating System Windows 8.1/Android   My Question or Issue Once I click on the playlist I've created the songs keep skipping u...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Local files

Hello,I'm trying to send my PC local files to my phones (IOS and Samsung) and i've searched every where but couldn't know how to do itI did the things in my firewall and all but still nothingCan anyone help plz ?Thanks.

• Regular
  • Hello, I'm trying to send my PC local files to my phones (IOS and Samsung) and i've searched every where but couldn't know how to do it I did the things in my firewall and all but still nothing Ca...
  • 2shakey
  • Casual Listener
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound keeps repeating even after deletion

Ok so I was listening to my playlist of songs then I fell asleep but I woke up to my mom asking me to help her with something so while my song is still playing I shut down my computer, after I turn it back on later it continously keeps repeating a so...

•   Ok so I was listening to my playlist of songs then I fell asleep but I woke up to my mom asking me to help her with something so while my song is still playing I shut down my computer, after ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Tip: playlists & folder limit

Hey, it seems that the limit to the amount of folders and playlists that can be created on spotify seems to currently be 9074 (when using spotify version 1.1.3.259.g8172f63a ). Once a playlist or folder is created while having 9074 folders/playlists,...

• Roadie
  • Hey, it seems that the limit to the amount of folders and playlists that can be created on spotify seems to currently be 9074 (when using spotify version 1.1.3.259.g8172f63a ).   Once a playli...
  • Arikabeth
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

When using Desktop Spotify, I cant switch audio outputs

Recently since ive had headphones and my optical speakers plugged into my Desktop when trying to play music through the speakers it immediatly ends the song and says to listen to this song you can import it from your music library, although i cant se...

• Recently since ive had headphones and my optical speakers plugged into my Desktop when trying to play music through the speakers it immediatly ends the song and says to listen to this song you can im...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
    no audio
    optical
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify not opening / stuck on a transparent window

PlanPremium for FamilyCountryPortugalDeviceLenovo G50-70Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSo I have reinstalled spotify a couple of times to see if this problem could be solved by a fresh install but no. All I am left with is a transpare...

• Plan Premium for Family Country Portugal Device Lenovo G50-70 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue So I have reinstalled spotify a couple of times to see if this problem ...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Saving to flashdrive - how to copy music onto flashdrive

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI have just downloaded Premium and figuring things out. Cannot find out how to copy downloaded music onto flashdrive

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device   Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I have just downloaded Premium and figuring things o...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Wondering if it possible to add 'explicit' tag to local files.

I haven't found anything on this elsewhere on the site, but it would be nice if my local files looked more like my other tracks when I'm scrolling through my playlist and its weird that they can't have the explicit tag. Is there a way to add it?

• I haven't found anything on this elsewhere on the site, but it would be nice if my local files looked more like my other tracks when I'm scrolling through my playlist and its weird that they can't ha...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Local Files on desktop are unavailable on phone

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceGoogle Pixel 2Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have a bunch of local files on my desktop that won't sync to my phone. They are on the same wifi. I have disabled all firewall stuff. I see the playist and the s...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Google Pixel 2 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have a bunch of local files on my desktop that won't sync to my phone. They are on th...
  • ThatPieGuy
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify skipping nearly every song

PlanFreeCountryCanadaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 Most songs start playing for a few minues, then get skipped before they end. I've been using Spotify for several months and I've never had this issue. Also since this morning, I have to manually...

• Plan Free Country Canada Device PC Operating System Windows 10   Most songs start playing for a few minues, then get skipped before they end. I've been using Spotify for several months ...
  • kirashi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't play certain artist in Spotify (windows and android)

I cantc play Lloyd Banks at all on Spotify. Doesn't matter if on desktop or phone PremiumCountryNetherlandsDevice(Motorola Moto X4, MedionE5021D)Operating System(Android 9, Windows 8.1) My Question or IssueCan't play Lloyd Banks.

• Casual Listener
  • I cantc play Lloyd Banks at all on Spotify. Doesn't matter if on desktop or phone   Premium Country Netherlands Device (Motorola Moto X4, MedionE5021D) Operating System (Android 9, Windo...
  • clmnsg
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Web player is not working

PlanPremiumCountryArgentinaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 8.1 My Question or IssueEverytime I try to choose a song, playlist or anything, it doesn't let me play any song. I choose and click a song but it doesn't play.

• Plan Premium Country Argentina Device PC Operating System Windows 8.1   My Question or Issue Everytime I try to choose a song, playlist or anything, it doesn't let me play any song. I ...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

podcast not updated and new released tracks unplayable

My desktop app is not really updated even though it updates automatically. all my followed podcast only have lastest episodes from Jan 2019, new released tracks do not play even though they are not greyed out, and I only get 4 tracks from discover we...

• Music Fan
  • My desktop app is not really updated even though it updates automatically. all my followed podcast only have lastest episodes from Jan 2019, new released tracks do not play even though they are not g...
  • sneakatone
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

My favorite songs have disappeared

PlanFreeCountrySpainOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueIn recent times Spotify was giving me errors. There were many songs that for some reason did not reproduce. When you played the play to listen to it, the program would be paralyzed an...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Spain Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue In recent times Spotify was giving me errors. There were many songs that for some reason did not reproduce. Whe...
  • ooleebs
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Local file not matched on other system due to song duration.

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDevicePC and Macbook Pro 2015Operating SystemWindows 10 and OSX MojaveMy Question or IssueA specific local file on one device that is copied to another device (either operating system) is not matched/detected on the device ...

Annotation 2019-04-06 193834.png Screen Shot 2019-04-06 at 7.39.34 pm.png Screen Shot 2019-04-06 at 7.55.10 pm.png Screen Shot 2019-04-06 at 7.58.03 pm.png
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device PC and Macbook Pro 2015 Operating System Windows 10 and OSX Mojave My Question or Issue A specific local file on one device that is copied to another de...
  • nh60211as
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I copy song names when using the desktop or web app?

PlanPremiumCountryNODeviceDesktop pcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHey, how do I copy song, album or artist names from spotify (either the web version or the desktop version)? It is especially troublesome when I can't type the names (...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country NO Device Desktop pc Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hey, how do I copy song, album or artist names from spotify (either the web version or the ...
  • urenor
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 15 likes