Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Why were some of the songs in my saved list removed?

Hello! i was wondering why some of my saved songs were completely removed from spotify? (Testify by Meat Loaf being the biggest erk) Like I have seen no reason to be removed plus theres a karioke version which doesnt not sound great.Thank you for rea...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello! i was wondering why some of my saved songs were completely removed from spotify? (Testify by Meat Loaf  being the biggest erk) Like I have seen no reason to be removed plus theres a kario...
  • Seranna
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs not load!

PlanoPremiumPaísBrasilSistema operacionalWindows 10Minha pergunta ou problema: Every time I start my spotify, the songs do not load and neither playlists, they are empty, but in another device they are full, and when some music appears, it does not p...

• Visitor
  • Plano Premium País Brasil Sistema operacional Windows 10 Minha pergunta ou problema:  Every time I start my spotify, the songs do not load and neither playlists, they are empty, but in an...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect Laptop -> Google Home / Chromecast

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceLenovo G710Operating SystemWindows 10 Hey there,I'm wondering about Spotify Connect on my Laptop. In my home I have several Google Home devices and one Chromecast. When I'm hearing music on my laptop and hit "available ...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device Lenovo G710 Operating System Windows 10   Hey there, I'm wondering about Spotify Connect on my Laptop. In my home I have several Google Home devices...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Mon spotify (dekstop pc) ne fonctionne pas / Windows 10 (résolu)

Bonjour, j'ai besoin d'aide.. Cela fait plusieurs semaines que mon Spotify sur pc ne fonctionne pas. Par exemple quand je veux selectionner une playlist, aucun titre n'est affiché et quand j'appuie sur lecture aléatoire rien ne se lance. Deplus la ba...

Sans titre.jpg
  • Bonjour, j'ai besoin d'aide..   Cela fait plusieurs semaines que mon Spotify sur pc ne fonctionne pas. Par exemple quand je veux selectionner une playlist, aucun titre n'est affiché et quand j...
  • 8wkw_kzw-iz8f
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

What happened to the "Because You Listened To..." section?

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue This was my favorite feature on Spotify, but it seems to have disappeared?

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device iPhone 8 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   This was my favorite feature on Spotify, but it seems to have disappeared? ...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify permanently stops playing

Since a few days, Spotify permanently stops playing when the next song should start when listening to one of the Mixtapes. Additionally I have to say that I am not very impressed by Spotify - so many bugs. The worse is that Spotify permanently fails ...

• Casual Listener
  • Since a few days, Spotify permanently stops playing when the next song should start when listening to one of the Mixtapes.    Additionally I have to say that I am not very impressed by Sp...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Songs wont show in playlist. Also cant play new music.

Every time i try to add a song to my playlist it wont show up and when i try to add it again it says that its already in my playlist. I also cant play new music every time i play a new song it doesnt show the cover and it doesnt start playing.

• Casual Listener
  •   Every time i try to add a song to my playlist it wont show up and when i try to add it again it says that its already in my playlist. I also cant play new music every time i play a new song i...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Quality reduction for playlist covers

Every time I upload a cover image for my playlist then save, the quality of the cover reduces. Does anybody else have this issue? I'm certain that there's nothing wrong with the images I'm uploading, this is a Spotify issue. To make sure, I used the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Every time I upload a cover image for my playlist then save, the quality of the cover reduces. Does anybody else have this issue?   I'm certain that there's nothing wrong with the images I'm u...
  • march25th
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

tag:new no longer working a valid search query

PlanFreeCountry AustraliaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI am no longer able to use the query of "tag:new" to get all of the new releases. When I search tag:new now, it comes up with only a list of about 120 releases. The funct...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country  Australia Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I am no longer able to use the query of "tag:new" to get all of the new releases.  ...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Help needed!

My Question or IssueHiI'm not able to find my 'local files' folder on my windows PC at all...seems to have disappeared. How do I get it back??I wanted to transfer my own music from YouTube to spotify using the local files folder but I couldn't spot i...

• Casual Listener
  •     My Question or Issue Hi I'm not able to find my 'local files' folder on my windows PC at all...seems to have disappeared. How do I get it back??I wanted to transfer my own music fro...
  • Mura2108
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • p
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Doesn't Work

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 (formerly known as Windows 7) My Question or IssueSpotify will not work on my computer at all. About a month ago (or you can pretend it was yesterday, the timeframe doesn't ma...

• Plan Free/Premium Country United States Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10 (formerly known as Windows 7)   My Question or Issue Spotify will not work on my computer at all. Abou...
  • Brunelicia
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Playlist empty

PlanFreeCountryBelgium DeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue sometimes if I want to add a song to my playlist the song does not add, I have to re-install my spotify and now when i started my spotify my playlist was empty only 2 ...

• Plan Free Country Belgium   Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  sometimes if I want to add a song to my playlist the song does not add, I have ...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 14 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 4 likes

No puedo reproducir canciones en mi computador

PlanFreeCountry MX DeviceSamsung S5 - Laptop HPOperating SystemAndroid - Windows 10 My Question or IssueLo que pasa mi cuenta en mi celular está en perfecto estado, escucho las canciones que me plazca y las agrego a las playlist que quiero, hasta bus...

•     Plan Free Country MX   Device Samsung S5 - Laptop HP Operating System Android - Windows 10   My Question or Issue Lo que pasa mi cuenta en mi celular está en perfe...
  • Brunelicia
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

ayuda no reproduce las canciones

entre a mi playlist y no aparecia ninguna de mis canciones, fui a buscar una cancion y aparecia pero en el momento que la voy a escuchar queda como si no lo ubiese puesto, en el celular si que anda y estan las canciones, pero en la pc no, ya llevo va...

• entre a mi playlist y no aparecia ninguna de mis canciones, fui a buscar una cancion y aparecia pero en el momento que la voy a escuchar queda como si no lo ubiese puesto, en el celular si que anda y...
  • Brunelicia
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Repeat one song button is gone!!!!!!

For some reason the last week I am unable to repeat one song I am not sure what is wrong but I am a premium member and should not be having these problems. I pay monthly so I have the option and now it is taken away from me and I am not okay with thi...

• For some reason the last week I am unable to repeat one song I am not sure what is wrong but I am a premium member and should not be having these problems. I pay monthly so I have the option and now ...
  • y1m1od-f_hlh
  • Casual Listener
  • 62 replies
  • 40 likes
  • 62 replies
  • 40 likes

Spotify Windows 10 problem

Hi, I installed Spotify on my new pc with Windows 10. Everything was fine but once I log in I can't select any song because it won't play. No matter how many times I reinstall it, the problem still there. I tried to log in with another account and th...

• Visitor
  • Hi, I installed Spotify on my new pc with Windows 10. Everything was fine but once I log in I can't select any song because it won't play. No matter how many times I reinstall it, the problem still t...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't play anything any music

PlanFreeCountryTaiwanDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueI tried reinstall spotify and reboot my computer 3 times and it won't worksThere are nothing in my Favorite Songs and whatever I click it shows nothingBut APP on my phone stil...

1.JPG 2.JPG
  • Visitor
  •   Plan Free Country Taiwan Device PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue I tried reinstall spotify and reboot my computer 3 times and it won't works There...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Discover Tab Hasn't Updated Over A Month!

PlanPremiumCountry USA Operating SystemWindows 10 & Android My Question or Issue One of my favorite features of Spotify, the Discover tab, has not updated it's recommendations in over a month, perhaps longer. I see the new releases change every week ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  USA   Operating System Windows 10 & Android   My Question or Issue  One of my favorite features of Spotify, the Discover tab, has not updated it...
  • zealotlee
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Error 18

Everytime Spotify updates itself and attempts to reinstall the update I get error 18. This has happened 10 times. I've had to completely reinstall and install it again 10 times. I don't want to deal with this anymore. I've seen posts on here about er...

• Everytime Spotify updates itself and attempts to reinstall the update I get error 18. This has happened 10 times. I've had to completely reinstall and install it again 10 times. I don't want to deal ...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Harmon Kardon speaker no longer plays the correct song after upgrading to premium

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceHarmon Kardon speakerOperating System My Question or IssueI have a Harmon kardon speaker I play spotify with via voice commands. It has always worked perfectly until today after I upgraded to premium. Now it will not play a...

• Plan Premium Country US   Device Harmon Kardon speaker Operating System   My Question or Issue I have a Harmon kardon speaker I play spotify with via voice commands. It has always...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes