Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • darkyoda1138
  • Regular
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

O Spotfy não consegue tocar isso no momento

PlanPremium - FamilyCountryBrasilDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHoje o meu aplicativo do computador parou de tocar TODAS as músicas. Para qualquer opção que eu dê aparece o alerta "O Spotfy não consegue tocar isso no momento. ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium - Family Country Brasil Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hoje o meu aplicativo do computador parou de tocar TODAS as músicas. Para qualquer opç...
  • filipeagra
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 13 likes
  • Música
  • 2 replies
  • 13 likes

Superuser Contribution Friends who listen to an artist gone?

Hi there, Spotify used to show which of my friends had recently listened to an artist on that artist's page, in both the Windows desktop app and the iPhone app. I found this really useful, if, for example, I was trying to recruit people to go to a co...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there,    Spotify used to show which of my friends had recently listened to an artist on that artist's page, in both the Windows desktop app and the iPhone app. I found this really use...
  • mrmeboom
  • 21 replies
  • 62 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 62 likes

Music stuttering across platforms

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomOperating SystemWindows 10/ Android 8.0.0My Question or IssueFor the past week or so, my music has been stuttering, this happens once every 10 minutes or so but can be more frequent, depending on the song (I have found...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Operating System Windows 10/ Android 8.0.0 My Question or Issue For the past week or so, my music has been stuttering, this happens once every 10 minutes or...
  • Brunelicia
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! View songs alphabetically

Is there a way to sort music alphabetically? It's annoying having to scroll through all my songs to find one of the ones I saved first. Using the web player and the android app and can't find a way on either.

• Casual Listener
  • Is there a way to sort music alphabetically? It's annoying having to scroll through all my songs to find one of the ones I saved first. Using the web player and the android app and can't find a way o...
  • Brunelicia
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

If you follow an artist on Spotify does Spotify play their music for you when you listen ?

If you follow a music artist on Spotify does Spotify play their music for you to listen to like in extra songs list or anything, or how does following an artist help them land their songs on your spotify listening routine without having to wait for n...

• Roadie
  • If you follow a music artist on Spotify does Spotify play their music for you to listen to like in extra songs list or anything, or how does following an artist help them land their songs on your spo...
  • Brunelicia
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify doesn't play music

Hello.For some time I have been having problems playing music in a desktop application. The problem was that the different songs did not play when they should. I have relogin again but this did not solve the problem. I've reinstalled the app, but it ...

• Visitor
  • Hello. For some time I have been having problems playing music in a desktop application. The problem was that the different songs did not play when they should. I have relogin again but this did not...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why were some of the songs in my saved list removed?

Hello! i was wondering why some of my saved songs were completely removed from spotify? (Testify by Meat Loaf being the biggest erk) Like I have seen no reason to be removed plus theres a karioke version which doesnt not sound great.Thank you for rea...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello! i was wondering why some of my saved songs were completely removed from spotify? (Testify by Meat Loaf  being the biggest erk) Like I have seen no reason to be removed plus theres a kario...
  • Seranna
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs not load!

PlanoPremiumPaísBrasilSistema operacionalWindows 10Minha pergunta ou problema: Every time I start my spotify, the songs do not load and neither playlists, they are empty, but in another device they are full, and when some music appears, it does not p...

• Visitor
  • Plano Premium País Brasil Sistema operacional Windows 10 Minha pergunta ou problema:  Every time I start my spotify, the songs do not load and neither playlists, they are empty, but in an...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect Laptop -> Google Home / Chromecast

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceLenovo G710Operating SystemWindows 10 Hey there,I'm wondering about Spotify Connect on my Laptop. In my home I have several Google Home devices and one Chromecast. When I'm hearing music on my laptop and hit "available ...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device Lenovo G710 Operating System Windows 10   Hey there, I'm wondering about Spotify Connect on my Laptop. In my home I have several Google Home devices...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Mon spotify (dekstop pc) ne fonctionne pas / Windows 10 (résolu)

Bonjour, j'ai besoin d'aide.. Cela fait plusieurs semaines que mon Spotify sur pc ne fonctionne pas. Par exemple quand je veux selectionner une playlist, aucun titre n'est affiché et quand j'appuie sur lecture aléatoire rien ne se lance. Deplus la ba...

Sans titre.jpg
  • Bonjour, j'ai besoin d'aide..   Cela fait plusieurs semaines que mon Spotify sur pc ne fonctionne pas. Par exemple quand je veux selectionner une playlist, aucun titre n'est affiché et quand j...
  • 8wkw_kzw-iz8f
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

What happened to the "Because You Listened To..." section?

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue This was my favorite feature on Spotify, but it seems to have disappeared?

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device iPhone 8 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   This was my favorite feature on Spotify, but it seems to have disappeared? ...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify permanently stops playing

Since a few days, Spotify permanently stops playing when the next song should start when listening to one of the Mixtapes. Additionally I have to say that I am not very impressed by Spotify - so many bugs. The worse is that Spotify permanently fails ...

• Casual Listener
  • Since a few days, Spotify permanently stops playing when the next song should start when listening to one of the Mixtapes.    Additionally I have to say that I am not very impressed by Sp...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Songs wont show in playlist. Also cant play new music.

Every time i try to add a song to my playlist it wont show up and when i try to add it again it says that its already in my playlist. I also cant play new music every time i play a new song it doesnt show the cover and it doesnt start playing.

• Casual Listener
  •   Every time i try to add a song to my playlist it wont show up and when i try to add it again it says that its already in my playlist. I also cant play new music every time i play a new song i...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Quality reduction for playlist covers

Every time I upload a cover image for my playlist then save, the quality of the cover reduces. Does anybody else have this issue? I'm certain that there's nothing wrong with the images I'm uploading, this is a Spotify issue. To make sure, I used the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Every time I upload a cover image for my playlist then save, the quality of the cover reduces. Does anybody else have this issue?   I'm certain that there's nothing wrong with the images I'm u...
  • march25th
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

tag:new no longer working a valid search query

PlanFreeCountry AustraliaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI am no longer able to use the query of "tag:new" to get all of the new releases. When I search tag:new now, it comes up with only a list of about 120 releases. The funct...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country  Australia Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I am no longer able to use the query of "tag:new" to get all of the new releases.  ...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Help needed!

My Question or IssueHiI'm not able to find my 'local files' folder on my windows PC at all...seems to have disappeared. How do I get it back??I wanted to transfer my own music from YouTube to spotify using the local files folder but I couldn't spot i...

• Casual Listener
  •     My Question or Issue Hi I'm not able to find my 'local files' folder on my windows PC at all...seems to have disappeared. How do I get it back??I wanted to transfer my own music fro...
  • Mura2108
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • p
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Doesn't Work

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 (formerly known as Windows 7) My Question or IssueSpotify will not work on my computer at all. About a month ago (or you can pretend it was yesterday, the timeframe doesn't ma...

• Plan Free/Premium Country United States Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10 (formerly known as Windows 7)   My Question or Issue Spotify will not work on my computer at all. Abou...
  • Brunelicia
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Playlist empty

PlanFreeCountryBelgium DeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue sometimes if I want to add a song to my playlist the song does not add, I have to re-install my spotify and now when i started my spotify my playlist was empty only 2 ...

• Plan Free Country Belgium   Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  sometimes if I want to add a song to my playlist the song does not add, I have ...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 14 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 4 likes

No puedo reproducir canciones en mi computador

PlanFreeCountry MX DeviceSamsung S5 - Laptop HPOperating SystemAndroid - Windows 10 My Question or IssueLo que pasa mi cuenta en mi celular está en perfecto estado, escucho las canciones que me plazca y las agrego a las playlist que quiero, hasta bus...

•     Plan Free Country MX   Device Samsung S5 - Laptop HP Operating System Android - Windows 10   My Question or Issue Lo que pasa mi cuenta en mi celular está en perfe...
  • Brunelicia
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes