Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Multiple accounts on one pc

PlanPremiumCountry United KingdomDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Hi, I currently share my pc with one other person, that has a spotify account. His account is already signed in to the app. Is there anyway to use my account wit...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  United Kingdom Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Hi, I currently share my pc with one other person, that has a spotify accou...
  • Incatrops
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 12 likes
  • Account
  • 3 replies
  • 12 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't watch videos on Android Device and Desktop App in Austria

PlanFree/PremiumCountryAustria/ViennaDeviceBQ Aquaris XOperating SystemAndroid 8.1 + Latest Spotify Version My Question or Issue I can't see and play any Videos on any Platform (PC or Andoid Device) via Spotify!The Release of Spotify Video was in 201...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Austria/Vienna Device BQ Aquaris X Operating System Android 8.1 + Latest Spotify Version   My Question or Issue  I can't see and play any Videos on ...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs "Play" but no sound

So, I've been experiencing some problems with Spotify on my iPhone (not my iPhone being broken, stupid problem of the Spotify app itself) and now on my Windows 10, too!The app will say a song is playing, but I have no sound. I tried plugging in and o...

• So, I've been experiencing some problems with Spotify on my iPhone (not my iPhone being broken, stupid problem of the Spotify app itself) and now on my Windows 10, too! The app will say a song ...
  • Jeremy
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Broken when saying name of song

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDeviceWindows 10 PC Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHow do I get this to give me the name of the song instead of a box

4d1ef573778426b691dfa1318aaba4b3.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  United States Device Windows 10 PC  Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue How do I get this to give me the name of the song instead of a box
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No Last.fm Option

Has the Last.fm option been removed from spotify desktop on windows? I can connect to my last.fm and the option to login to last.fm seems to be gone

• Has the Last.fm option been removed from spotify desktop on windows?   I can connect to my last.fm and the option to login to last.fm seems to be gone 😞
  • andrepeniche
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Noticing the Improvements

I've been using the Windows Desktop version nearly every day for a few months, and I just wanted to say "Thank You" for all the improvements that I've noticed to performance, data-syncing, keyboard shortcuts, etc. All the small improvements are addin...

• Roadie
  • I've been using the Windows Desktop version nearly every day for a few months, and I just wanted to say "Thank You" for all the improvements that I've noticed to performance, data-syncing, keyboard s...
  • Flanstario1
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Queue and history lost on upgrade

Hi, still wondering, why after windows desktop client upgrade both queue and history are lost? Quite annoying.

• Regular
  • Hi,   still wondering, why after windows desktop client upgrade both queue and history are lost? Quite annoying.  
  • 2Late1
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Adding songs from my desktop to a playlist...

Hey there I was wondering if you can help me! I added some downloaded songs from my desktop computer to a playlist of mine on the Spotify app (saved as a "local file") , and I can't get these songs to play on my phone. I can see them in the playlist,...

• Casual Listener
  •   Hey there I was wondering if you can help me!  I added some downloaded songs from my desktop computer to a playlist of mine on the Spotify app (saved as a "local file") , and I can'...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Explicit songs on WIndows App

Hey guys, I am a spotify premium User on the Windows 10 App. And since 1 day I can not listen to explicit songs anymore. My WIndows app doesnt show me button to activate it like my iphone app

• Casual Listener
  •  Hey guys,   I am a spotify premium User on the Windows 10 App. And since 1 day I can not listen to explicit songs anymore. My WIndows app doesnt show me button to activate it like my iph...
  • Dirkules93
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Changes in the web helper

The new Spotify Update for Windows made the web helper not helpful anymore. I used the web helper to control spotify. But for now all valid requests to the web helper are not working anymore. The web helper still runs on 127.0.0.1:4381 I know it was ...

• Casual Listener
  •     The new Spotify Update for Windows made the web helper not helpful anymore. I used the web helper to control spotify. But for now all valid requests to the web helper are not working ...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

PLayback stopping at end of every song?

PlanPremiumCountry UK DeviceASUS ROG laptopOperating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue:As in heading - at the end of every song playback just stops. That song remains highlighted, pressing 'play' doesn't do anything - have to physically select n...

• Not applicable
  • Plan Premium Country  UK   Device ASUS ROG laptop Operating System  Windows 10    My Question or Issue: As in heading - at the end of every song playback just st...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify freezes on tab local files

PlanPremiumCountryBelgium Operating System(Windows 10)Hello,Anytime when I will play a local files, Spotify is starting to freezes after 10 minutes (still on freeze) I get an Windows error and pc reboot itself. When Spotify is freeze, I see the CPU a...

• Regular
  • Plan P r emium Country Belgium   Operating System (Windows 10) Hello, Anytime when I will play a local files, Spotify is starting to freezes after 10 minutes (still on freeze) I ge...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify offline songs storage location can't be changed

Just as the title said, i have been trying to change my offline save location from an ssd to an hdd but i can't PlanPremium Devicewindows 10 laptop

• Casual Listener
  • Just as the title said, i have been trying to change my offline save location from an ssd to an hdd but i can't   Plan Premium   Device windows 10 laptop
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution No puedo escuchar ninguna radio ni ver el feed de amigos.

Tengo el plan premium, pero en la PC no me deja escuchar ninguna radio ni ver el feed de amigos, solo en la PC me pasa estoy ya reinstale, borre, repare, borre la carpeta entera y nada.

• Casual Listener
  • Tengo el plan premium, pero en la PC no me deja escuchar ninguna radio ni ver el feed de amigos, solo en la PC me pasa estoy ya reinstale, borre, repare, borre la carpeta entera y nada.   &nbs...
  • Sean029
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Actividad de amigos.
    Radio
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Banner "Go to Browse" blocking my favorite songs

PC, Windows 10 Pro Build 1803 (Latest).I will add screenshot with banner. I can't close it, and it don't close after going to <> and back.This problem only apears in desktop app, but not in Andriod/Web. UPD: Yes, I already have a favorite songs. I ca...

Снимок.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • PC, Windows 10 Pro Build 1803 (Latest). I will add screenshot with banner. I can't close it, and it don't close after going to <<Browse>> and back. This problem only apears in deskt...
  • SirRogro
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Automatically save song history

PlanPremiumOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHey, is it possibly to add (or enable) saving the currently playing song and song history periodically (basically whenever the current song changes).I often shut down my PC or have situations ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hey, is it possibly to add (or enable) saving the currently playing song and song history periodically (basically whenever t...
  • Tenderz_
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Feature
    Help
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Distorted sound

PlanPremiumCountry NetherlandsDeviceAcer Aspire E15Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 My Question or IssueA week or so ago I noticed that a number of songs in my playlists have a distorted effect, whereas this has not been an issue before. It's a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Netherlands Device Acer Aspire E15 Operating System  Microsoft Windows 8.1   My Question or Issue A week or so ago I noticed that a number of songs in m...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Desktop Overlay does not even work enabled

PlanPremium CountryBrazil Device(Gaming PC) Operating System(Windows 10 Pro.) My Question or Issue Hello, my problem is the Desktop Overlay, i want to know why it does not work, the option is checked but when i tap hotkeys nothing happens.I see strea...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium   Country Brazil   Device (Gaming PC)   Operating System (Windows 10 Pro.)   My Question or Issue   Hello, my problem is the Desktop Overla...
  • lucasfrezh
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify not installing correctly

Device(ASUS UX430UAR Signature Edition)Operating System(Windows 10 Enterprise version 1803) My Question or IssueBefore, I was getting a black screen when I run Spotify. I uninstalled and reinstalled it. Now, when I go to run Spotify, installed from t...

spotify install error.JPG
  •     Device (ASUS UX430UAR Signature Edition) Operating System (Windows 10 Enterprise version 1803)   My Question or Issue Before, I was getting a black screen when I run Spotif...
  • midnight_8
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

"Daily Mix cannot be started" - WIndows 10 APP / UWP

PlanPremiumCountrySlovakiaDeviceWindows 10Operating SystemWindows 10,et My Question or Issue So i have this issues on PC client (doesnt matter if its from W10 store or downloaded setup.exe from oficial page), when I click on daily mix it just dont pl...

• Plan Premium Country Slovakia Device Windows 10 Operating System Windows 10,et  My Question or Issue   So i have this issues on PC client (doesnt matter if its from W10 store or d...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • cannot be started
    Daily Mix
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes