Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • crawford13x
  • Regular
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ytse
  • Casual Listener
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Spotify desktop overlay still appears although I disabled it many times!!

Although I disabled this option ((Show desktop overly when using media keys))on Spotify settings but this annoying desktop overlay still appears everytime I click on any media or volume buttons on my laptop and I tried uninstalling Spotify then insta...

• Casual Listener
  • Although I disabled this option ((Show desktop overly when using media keys)) on Spotify settings but this annoying desktop overlay still appears everytime I click on any media or volume buttons on ...
  • tad_tk
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Web player doesn't work

PlanPremiumCountry ChileDeviceWebOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Some time ago the web player stopped working in my account, in my phone and in the application works well, but on the web does not respond.I've already cleared the cache...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  Chile Device Web Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   Some time ago the web player stopped working in my account, in my phone a...
  • ypex
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Sorting searches by popularity.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but here goes. I used to be able to sort songs from artists by popularity (search for artist > see all songs > click on thumbs up icon) , but recently clicking on the icon doesn’t do anything. Anyone kn...

• Casual Listener
  • Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but here goes. I used to be able to sort songs from artists by popularity (search for artist > see all songs > click on thumbs up icon) , but rec...
  • coolpanama
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes

Sopotify Using Incorrect Resolution

PlanPremiumCountry DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Spotify for some reason as of late has been fullscreening at an incorrect resolution. I tried uninstalling and resinstalling but that didn't help. This happens on all 3 of my ...

• Plan Premium Country   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Spotify for some reason as of late has been fullscreening at an incorrect resolution. I t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs "Unavailable" in playlists

A recent Spotify update has removed the ability to play local files that synced with unavailable songs in playlists. Local files are seen and can be played, but they would usually sync with the "unavailable songs" on playlists. Now it doesn't seem to...

• Music Fan
  • A recent Spotify update has removed the ability to play local files that synced with unavailable songs in playlists. Local files are seen and can be played, but they would usually sync with the "unav...
  • darylfrompulse
  • Music Fan
  • 17 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 7 likes

Spotify muffles/distores headset when in foreground

Driver issue, check your "profiles" Additional info: Operating SystemWindows 10 PeripheralsLogitech headset (G933) My problem was that the Logitech controller tried changing between profiles based on the open window, also the profile had one of the e...

•   Driver issue, check your "profiles"   Additional info:   Operating System Windows 10  Peripherals Logitech headset (G933)   My problem was that the Logitech contr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No longer select multiple songs??

PlanPremium Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Im trying to make a playlist in spotify web player and am adding songs from a mixture of my other playlists and seem to no longer be able to select multiple songs at once, and am stuck to th...

•   Plan Premium   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Im trying to make a playlist in spotify web player and am adding songs from a mixture of my other play...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Keeps changing songs by itself

PlanPremiumCountry SwedenDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi!My spotify keeps changing songs by itself to some playlist I've never listened to or followed before. At first I thought someone else accessed my account and switched ...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country  Sweden Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi! My spotify keeps changing songs by itself to some playlist I've never listen...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

Music Stops on PC

Within the Spotify Player on Desktop, the music that I am playing will stop randomly in the middle of a song. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify and still having these issues. What can I do to ensure that this doesn't continue happening...

• Casual Listener
  • Within the Spotify Player on Desktop, the music that I am playing will stop randomly in the middle of a song.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify and still having these issues. Wha...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Black screen after login

So, I logged in on the spotify program thingy and then it just gave me a black screen with the minimize etc. options plus the three dots in the top right. Rebooting does not help. After reinstalling spotify it works for a few hours but then the same ...

• So, I logged in on the spotify program thingy and then it just gave me a black screen with the minimize etc. options plus the three dots in the top right. Rebooting does not help. After reinstalling ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • black screen
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Bug when going back to Overview from About page on artist/band page

Operating SystemWindows 10 (though probably universal issue, works on Linux as well) IssueIf I go to an artist's overview page and then click on their about page and then press the go back button it will start scrolling to the bottom very quickly.Rep...

• Operating System Windows 10 (though probably universal issue, works on Linux as well)   Issue If I go to an artist's overview page and then click on their about page and then press the go ba...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't play on phone

PlanPremiumCountryMalaysiaDeviceSamsung Galaxy J1Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue I made two playlists on Spotify Desktop App using the local files in my laptop (lenovo) but when I opened the playlist on my phone, the track is unplayable....

• Plan Premium Country Malaysia Device Samsung Galaxy J1 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue  I made two playlists on Spotify Desktop App using the local files in my lap...
  • Dahnak
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcasts category disappeared from My Lybrary Tab

PlanPremiumCountryPortugalDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Since the last update of the Spotify Desktop App, v1.0.94.262.g3d5c231c, the podcast category has disappeared from the "Your Lybrary" tab. Please fix this.

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Portugal Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Since the last update of the Spotify Desktop App, v1.0.94.262.g3d5c231c, the podcas...
  • Discoxjunkie
  • Casual Listener
  • 13 replies
  • 12 likes
  • desktop app
    Podcasts
  • 13 replies
  • 12 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [Playlists] See in which of my Playlists a Song is playing from

Hi, in previous versions of Spotify you could click on the song title that was playing on the bottom left corner and it would take you to the playlist (or artist page/album) where it was being played from. Now when I click on the song name it takes m...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, in previous versions of Spotify you could click on the song title that was playing on the bottom left corner and it would take you to the playlist (or artist page/album) where it was being played...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

How can I clear que on a PC. None here show on my Spotify?

Don't we all like to complain even when something is free? I've had PC's since 1987 and at first use this program seems very unfriendly. I cannot find how to select my Artist and their song. Can't find it. Yet if I Google him and that song, select th...

• Don't we all like to complain even when something is free? I've had PC's since 1987 and at first use this program seems very unfriendly. I cannot find how to select my Artist and their song. Can't fi...
  • DennyEMufc
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Win 10 desktop switches to our mobile device used at a dif location.

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(Samsung galaxy s8, Samsung galaxy 7, Windows 10)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (Samsung galaxy s8, Samsung galaxy 7, Windows 10) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio not working

Radio is not working for me. It just says "This radio station cannot be started. Please try again with something else." I tried reinstalling, no luck. Any ideas? PlanFreeCountryUSADevice2014 Macbook Air

• Regular
  • Radio is not working for me. It just says "This radio station cannot be started. Please try again with something else." I tried reinstalling, no luck. Any ideas?   Plan Free Country USA De...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[PL/EN]Spotify nie pamięta piosenki sprzed wyłączenia komputera

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssuePLWitam.Mam problem z Spotify,otóż nie pamięta ostatniej piosenki jakiej słuchałem sprzed wyłączenia PC.Za każdym włączeniem aplikacji jest ta sama piosenka z tej samej pla...

• Plan Premium Country Poland Device PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue PL Witam.Mam problem z Spotify,otóż nie pamięta ostatniej piosenki jakiej słuchałem sprzed wyłączenia ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • PC
    W10
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Podcast tab in 'Your Library' deleted in new updated

PlanPremiumCountry Canada Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 7.) My Question or Issue:I updated Spotify and it appears the podcast link under 'You Library' has been removed. There is no longer a way of seeing all followed podcasts anywher...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  Canada   Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 7.)   My Question or Issue: I updated Spotify and it appears the podcast link under...
  • AlexNunes
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Overlay problem... still not fixed.

PlanPremium DeviceWindows PCOperating SystemW10 64bit My Question or Issue No matter what I do, I cannot turn off the media key overlay, I have to install a third party program to do this for me. Please fix this spotify! I have been a customer for ye...

• Plan Premium   Device Windows PC Operating System W10 64bit   My Question or Issue  No matter what I do, I cannot turn off the media key overlay, I have to install a third...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes