Announcements

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Songs grayed out in playlist but playable from search

I have some playlists that have most of the songs grayed out in the playlist but if I search for the song I am able to play it just fine.

• I have some playlists that have most of the songs grayed out in the playlist but if I search for the song I am able to play it just fine.  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows player constantly lagging

Hey! Wondering if anyone experiences the same problem as me and knows a solution. Constantly regardless of either Window updates or Spotify updates my Spotify simply will just lag out. I'll be happily listening to an artist, then when I go to search ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey!   Wondering if anyone experiences the same problem as me and knows a solution.    Constantly regardless of either Window updates or Spotify updates my Spotify simply will just...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't delete song from songs menu/library

When i select songs on the left side there are 3 songs that are greyed out and that i can't remove.The 3 songs are from a album called New Music. These songs are the first 3 i added in 2014. I think the album is an old playlist.When shuffle play is a...

• When i select songs on the left side there are 3 songs that are greyed out and that i can't remove. The 3 songs are from a album called New Music. These songs are the first 3 i added in 2014. I thin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Logging in

At first, the desktop app kept saying it was offline, when my internet connection is fine, and so i gave it a couple days, but it still said i was offline. i decided to reinstall it but now everytime i try to login, the screen freezes. i can still ph...

• Casual Listener
  • At first, the desktop app kept saying it was offline, when my internet connection is fine, and so i gave it a couple days, but it still said i was offline. i decided to reinstall it but now everytime...
  • quinn11
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Web Remote Control to stream on my mobile at work (NO WIFI available)

Hi,Spotify web player is blocked at work, and can't install anything. I normally stream on my mobile. Control spotify on a small mobile screen is dificult at wok (IT company). It would be great if I can remote control all spotify functions from a web...

• Casual Listener
  •  Hi, Spotify web player is blocked at work, and can't install anything. I normally stream on my mobile. Control spotify on a small mobile screen is dificult at wok (IT company). ...
  • cexar
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Application Hangs...

Just to let you guys know...... About every couple of months or so, Spotify seems to hang, or takes a really long time connecting to your servers. Sometimes I can't even logout. Twice I've been forced to have to reinstall on both my laptop and my des...

• Visitor
  • Just to let you guys know...... About every couple of months or so, Spotify seems to hang, or takes a really long time connecting to your servers. Sometimes I can't even logout. Twice I've been force...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
    Windows 10
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Trying to download playlist, "waiting for connection" for weeks now

So my favorite playlist has been "waiting for connection" when I try to download it for weeks now, maybe even months at this point. It's the most frustrating thing because this is my go-to playlist. I have no idea why. My other playlist will download...

• So my favorite playlist has been "waiting for connection" when I try to download it for weeks now, maybe even months at this point. It's the most frustrating thing because this is my go-to playlist. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Activity Feed...My activity can't be seen!

I have my account set so that my activity can be seen. Though for several days it's been strange. I signed into a friends account and I couldnt see my activity. I apparently handnt been on for hours to days. It's the same on my account when viewing m...

• Gig Goer
  • I have my account set so that my activity can be seen. Though for several days it's been strange. I signed into a friends account and I couldnt see my activity. I apparently handnt been on for h...
  • JoshuaBennett
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Songs disappearing from playlists and saved

I've noticed a few times that all of a sudden, all the songs by an artist dissappear from my saved songs and playlists, and I don't know what might be causing this or how to fix this. Help

• I've noticed a few times that all of a sudden, all the songs by an artist dissappear from my saved songs and playlists, and I don't know what might be causing this or how to fix this. Help 😞
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend Activity Stop

Hi. I been using the windows app in my computer. A few days ago I noticed that my friend actitivity stop and I can see what my friend listened 4 days ago. I ask them and they see the same trouble only with my profile. I already unistall the app, clos...

• Visitor
  • Hi.  I been using the windows app in my computer. A few days ago I noticed that my friend actitivity stop and I can see what my friend listened 4 days ago. I ask them and they see the same tro...
  • kegl1
  • Gig Goer
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Tracks supposedly running, but no sound

Hi all, I've got Spotify up and running, with no error messages. However, when I press play, no sound comes out The countdown/timer thing on the bottom is working fine, but I don't hear a thing. I'm thinking that re-installing it might solve the prob...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   I've got Spotify up and running, with no error messages.  However, when I press play, no sound comes out  The countdown/timer thing on the bottom is working fine, but I don'...
  • Christinarose
  • 40 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 40 replies
  • 2 likes

Song removals from Spotify

I am getting really sick of songs on my playlists disappearing. I know this is probably happening because of licensing issues with song or recording copyright holders and is not Spotify's direct fault per se. But it is very frustrating and, if more e...

• Casual Listener
  • I am getting really sick of songs on my playlists disappearing.  I know this is probably happening because of licensing issues with song or recording copyright holders and is not Spotify's direc...
  • mrbleaney
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Lied nicht abspielbar auf PC

Hallo Comuntiy. Hab ein komisches Problem ich hab ne Playliste auf dem Smartphone sind alle lieder davon Abspielbar. Wenn ich die gleiche Playliste auf dem PC abspielen will kommt bei einem Lied das das Lied nicht exestiert?Was kann man da tun?Habs a...

• Hallo Comuntiy. Hab ein komisches Problem ich hab ne Playliste auf dem Smartphone sind alle lieder davon Abspielbar. Wenn ich die gleiche Playliste auf dem PC abspielen will kommt bei einem Lied das ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

notifications

Hello i have an important question. I turned on notifications, but i dont get one if an artist is releasing new songs/albums. Dont get notifications on my phone, on any spotify device or per e-mail. Would appreciate any help.

• Regular
  • Hello i have an important question. I turned on notifications, but i dont get one if an artist is releasing new songs/albums. Dont get notifications on my phone, on any spotify device or per e-mail. ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover Weekly does not reset

Hi, my discover weekly playlist does not seem to reset, could you please take a look? spotify:user:spotify:playlist:37i9dQZEVXcKhkANfUjoNf

• Hi, my discover weekly playlist does not seem to reset, could you please take a look? spotify:user:spotify:playlist:37i9dQZEVXcKhkANfUjoNf
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium account but no valid profile ???

Help! I have a premium account in Spotify. It says "The specified user does not have a valid profile ??? Also.. Spotify does not post on my activity log anymore even if I re-toggle the switch and removing the app and adding it again. How do I fix the...

• Regular
  • Help! I have a premium account in Spotify. It says "The specified user does not have a valid profile ???   Also.. Spotify does not post on my activity log anymore even if I re-toggle the switc...
  • SteveeB
  • Casual Listener
  • 18 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 18 replies
  • 1 likes

I can't hear any song in Spotify PC [Windows 10]

I tried to uninstall the application and re-install it again, and I also logged out from all my devices... And it still doesn't work. The funny part is that I can hear music in the Spotify Web Player but not in the PC application. So, I don't really ...

• I tried to uninstall the application and re-install it again, and I also logged out from all my devices... And it still doesn't work. The funny part is that I can hear music in the Spotify Web Player...
  • mjhconnect
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't login with Facebook on the Spotify for Desktop

I can't log in with Facebook no matter how many times I click on the Facebook login button inside the spotify desktop version. I have removed the spotify from my facebook app options, reinstalled the app and I'm having this same bug.

• Regular
  •  I can't log in with Facebook no matter how many times I click on the Facebook  login button inside the spotify desktop version. I have removed the spotify from my facebook app options, rei...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it" 2018

Urgent! No music at my restaurant. I get this message now on a Premium account on every track that I try to play. Three hours earlier everything played ok. Now, three times later, nothing plays. What is going on?

• Casual Listener
  • Urgent! No music at my restaurant. I get this message now on a Premium account on every track that I try to play. Three hours earlier everything played ok. Now, three times later, nothing plays. What...
  • striketsi
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Env: prod