Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Local files won't connect

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10Version1.0.84.344.gfc674f6f (Windows Store version) My Question or IssueFor a few months now, my Spotify app has refused to connect the local files on my computer to the Spotify servers...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device PC Operating System Windows 10 Version 1.0.84.344.gfc674f6f (Windows Store version)   My Question or Issue For a few months now, my Spotify ...
  • mjoleszczak
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Radio and friend list doesn't work anymore

Desktop, W7Hello, since like, a week, maybe more, my friend list and any radio doesn't load anymore.I'm still able to browse and still receive my suggestions for the week.Any help on that? I want to discover new music from searching with my favorite ...

• Casual Listener
  • Desktop, W7 Hello, since like, a week, maybe more, my friend list and any radio doesn't load anymore. I'm still able to browse and still receive my suggestions for the week. Any help on that? ...
  • LackeDragon
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Bugs when maximized in windows 10

There is nothing to tell, just this image to show.Any suggestion?

• There is nothing to tell, just this image to show. Any suggestion?
  • Sirisli
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

Saving state when shutting down PC

PlanPremiumDevicePCOperating SystemWindows My Question or IssueWhen closing the Spotify client via "File"->"Close Spotify" the current state is saved, e.g. which song is playing, is Shuffle activated etc. If however Spotify is running in the backgrou...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device PC Operating System Windows   My Question or Issue When closing the Spotify client via "File"->"Close Spotify" the current state is saved, e.g. which song is playi...
  • illeszsolt
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Web player better quality than desktop (AAC vs Ogg)?

PlanPremiumCountry DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueAccording to the site (https://support.spotify.com/us/article/high-quality-streaming/) the Premium Desktop audio quality is 320 kbit Ogg Vorbis mp3 and the Premium Web Player q...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue According to the site (https://support.spotify.com/us/article/high-quality-streaming/) ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 7 likes

Spotify randomly playing songs?

Hi, My spotify account randomly decides to play music whenever it feels like?This happens on my desktop and phone, for some reason it keeps wanting to play a artist called 'Daniel Miller'??????? Can be very annoying when it comes on blast through the...

• Hi,  My spotify account randomly decides to play music whenever it feels like? This happens on my desktop and phone, for some reason it keeps wanting to play a artist called 'Daniel Miller'???...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Daily Mix saying I'm offline

PlanFreeCountry United StatesDeviceLenovo LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Whenever I try to launch my daily mix, which I have to search for because it doesn't show up on the left side bar, it says that I am not allowed to access...

• Plan Free Country  United States Device Lenovo Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Whenever I try to launch my daily mix, which I have to search for be...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can´t disable Media Overlay

PlanPremiumCountry Austria Operating SystemWindows 10 (Version 1803) Spotify Version1.0.81.325.g17f71170 My Question or Issue:I can´t disable the annoying Media Overlay anymore!Ever since I started using Spotify I have disabled the Overlay with the o...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Austria   Operating System Windows 10 (Version 1803)   Spotify Version 1.0.81.325.g17f71170   My Question or Issue: I can´t disable the annoying&...
  • MultiRob70
  • Casual Listener
  • 22 replies
  • 74 likes
  • 22 replies
  • 74 likes

Spotify on Discord, Twitter and etc.

My Question or Issue Before 1-2 weeks I was able to listen Spotify songs on my Desktop App by clicking the play button on the post which is shared in Twitter, Discord and some places like these. But now, when I click the play button it only plays the...

• Casual Listener
  •     My Question or Issue  Before 1-2 weeks I was able to listen Spotify songs on my Desktop App by clicking the play button on the post which is shared in Twitter, Discord and some ...
  • jaquse
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify desktop overlay bug

PlanFree/PremiumCountry The NetherlandsDevicePCOperating System Windows 10 pcMy Question or Issue Every time Spotify starts up the 'Show desktop overlay when using media keys' option is turned on but when I look in the settings it says it is not. so ...

• Plan Free/Premium Country  The Netherlands Device PC Operating System  Windows 10 pc My Question or Issue  Every time Spotify starts up the 'Show desktop overlay when using me...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop Overlay can't be disabled

PlanPremiumCountryTaiwan DeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueOver the past month or so, I have repeatedly tried to disable the desktop overlay that pops up in the top-left corner of my screen when I change songs. Even thoug...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Taiwan  Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Over the past month or so, I have repeatedly tried to disable the desktop overlay...
  • Chillosophy
  • Regular
  • 43 replies
  • 31 likes
  • 43 replies
  • 31 likes

Solved!! "Hmm, the friend feed failed to load"

Hi! My friend feed does not load, no matter on what device I'm using Spotify. Does anybody know what to do about this?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! My friend feed does not load, no matter on what device I'm using Spotify. Does anybody know what to do about this? 
  • g_b
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Shuffle Is Repeating the Exact Same Songs From Yesterday

PlanPremiumCountry CanadaDeviceHP ZBook 17 G3Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue For several days now, when I log in to my laptop, Spotify is starting at the same song as it did yesterday. When I skip ahead, the "shuffle" feature is going...

• Plan Premium Country  Canada Device HP ZBook 17 G3 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  For several days now, when I log in to my laptop, Spotify is starting a...
  • Jollof
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

German songs in my Discover Weekly

I keep getting more and more german songs in my Discover Weekly list. I NEVER listen to german songs, I never add german songs, I am constantly making new playlists (mainly english songs, some dutch) My current Discover weekly contains atleast 12 ger...

• I keep getting more and more german songs in my Discover Weekly list.   I NEVER listen to german songs, I never add german songs, I am constantly making new playlists (mainly english songs, so...
  • Jollof
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!! Friend feed and Daily Mix Disappears everytime I restart Spotify

The title says it all. Everytime I restart my computer or Spotify Friend Feed is gone.Everytime I startup my computer I have to reinstall Spotify to use them. I guess Spotify not updating correctly too. I got a error message everytime I startup maybe...

• Casual Listener
  • The title says it all. Everytime I restart my computer or Spotify Friend Feed is gone. Everytime I startup my computer I have to reinstall Spotify to use them. I guess Spotify not updating correctly...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Song and artist playlist no shuffle

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or Issue Using version 1.0.83.318.g6c07039d there is no shuffle play available for song or artist playlists... why not? I really think this should be added.

• Plan Premium Country  USA Device Desktop Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue  Using version 1.0.83.318.g6c07039d there is no shuffle play available for son...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cache Path does not actually work on Windows Desktop

This has been an ongoing problem for over a year now. My C:\...AppData\Local\Spotify is 10+ gigs. But my desktop spotify app settings are set to store cache at A:\...\cachethe A:\...\cache has SOMETHING in there, but only a few mb. So the path 'works...

• Casual Listener
  • This has been an ongoing problem for over a year now. My C:\...AppData\Local\Spotify is 10+ gigs. But my desktop spotify app settings are set to store cache at A:\...\cache the A:\...\cache has SOME...
  • botaurus
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist inspired

Hello. I have a question regarding the playlists on spotify. I recently searched for a song on my phone and played it. After a while i noticed there is a playlist on Home tab called "Inspired by *song*". The playlist is created by spotify. My problem...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. I have a question regarding the playlists on spotify. I recently searched for a song on my phone and played it. After a while i noticed there is a playlist on Home tab called "Inspired by *son...
  • Tektonike
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution After a local Mp3 track has played the online track wont start

PlanPremiumCountry DevicePCOperating SystemW10Pro My Question or Issue After the player finishes playing the local Mp3 track it shows "unable to play this track error" and stops there untill i choose a different track manually from the list. it plays...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device PC Operating System W10Pro   My Question or Issue  After the player finishes playing the local Mp3 track it shows "unable to play this track err...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Thumbs up and down not working

PlanFree/PremiumCountry USDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 8.1 Hi all, I new to spotify and I'm having an issue. The thumbs up saves the current song to my library, and thumbs down does nothing. what am I doing wrong?

• Plan Free/Premium Country  US Device PC Operating System Windows 8.1   Hi all, I new to spotify and I'm having an issue. The thumbs up saves the current song to my library, and thu...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes