Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Desktop dosen't work

I cannot join Spotify Desktop.When I enter Username / password and I click on LOG IN button, the screen become a little bit darker (it should be like this), but at the end Desktop application doesn't run.I waited several minutes, but nothing change.I...

• I cannot join Spotify Desktop. When I enter Username / password and I click on LOG IN button, the screen become a little bit darker (it should be like this), but at the end Desktop application doesn...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution When I make playlist collaborative it doesn't show on my profile?

When I make a public playlist collaborative, the second I do it it disappears from my profile. It isn't visible to anybody on my profile but if someone else is following it it will still show on theirs. Is there a similar issue floating around that h...

•   When I make a public playlist collaborative, the second I do it it disappears from my profile. It isn't visible to anybody on my profile but if someone else is following it it will still s...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Disable Autoplay does not work. Song line.

Hi, unfortunatly Spotify keeps on playing similiar songs also when i disabled the "Autoplay"-function. What can i do? Is it a bug? And the other thing: If i add a new song to the song list, the song is not put at the end of the line but right after t...

• Hi,   unfortunatly Spotify keeps on playing similiar songs also when i disabled the "Autoplay"-function. What can i do? Is it a bug?   And the other thing:   If i add a new song ...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify won't play

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceComputerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Everytime I try to listen to a playlist it keeps flicking through songs and then whenever i click on a single song it comes up with "This song is not available" on any...

• Plan Premium Country  UK Device Computer Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Everytime I try to listen to a playlist it keeps flicking through songs and then ...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Local Music Management

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremiumCountryUSA DevicePCSamsung Galaxy 8iPad ProOperating SystemiOS 11 Android OreoWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello all -I...

• Casual Listener
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country USA  Device PC Samsung Galaxy 8 iPad Pro ...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Dragging songs into different playlists

Spotify was really lagging hard for me. Going extremely slow. So I decided to close it and reopen. Now I can't drag music from one playlist into another. I get the circle with a line through it. It literally worked seconds before closing and reopenin...

• Regular
  • Spotify was really lagging hard for me.  Going extremely slow.  So I decided to close it and reopen.   Now I can't drag music from one playlist into another.  I get the circle w...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloaded playlists undownloaded without my consent

Hey what's up! I am running Spotify on my Asus Windows 10 laptop. I am a Premium user in the US and I use Spotify a lot! Sometimes, when I pull up Spotify on my computer, I find that I am somehow no longer signed in. Once I get signed in, none of my ...

• Hey what's up! I am running Spotify on my Asus Windows 10 laptop. I am a Premium user in the US and I use Spotify a lot!    Sometimes, when I pull up Spotify on my computer, I find t...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Problemas al reproducir CANCIONES EXPLICITAS

Alguien mas tiene problemas al reproducir canciones explicitas, en la APP WINDOWS o en el REPRODUCTOR WEB??

• Alguien mas tiene problemas al reproducir canciones explicitas, en la APP WINDOWS o en el REPRODUCTOR WEB??
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Suddenly, "this song is not available" for all songs, over HDMI

I use Spotify on my my laptop connected to an RCA flatscreen via HDMI. Everything worked fine for several months. After returning home from a 6 week trip, suddenly Spotify won't play anything, reporting the error "this song is not available..." for a...

• I use Spotify on my my laptop connected to an RCA flatscreen via HDMI. Everything worked fine for several months. After returning home from a 6 week trip, suddenly Spotify won't play anything, report...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Bug] Spotify forgets player state while rebooting with "close to tray" enabled

Applicable to Spotify 1.0.80.474 on Windows 10 Edu 1709 x64When the option "Close button should minimize the Spotify window to the tray" is enabled, Spotify forgets playlist, song and song progress when Windows reboots. Normally you would be able to ...

• Casual Listener
  • Applicable to Spotify 1.0.80.474 on Windows 10 Edu 1709 x64 When the option "Close button should minimize the Spotify window to the tray" is enabled, Spotify forgets playlist, song and song progre...
  • user091214
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes

"Publish my activity on Spotify" not working

For the last couple days, my Spotify desktop app hasn't been publishing any activity to any followers. However, it does publish listening history on mobile. Private session has already been disabled, and "Publish activity" is on.

• Casual Listener
  • For the last couple days, my Spotify desktop app hasn't been publishing any activity to any followers. However, it does publish listening history on mobile. Private session has already been disabled,...
  • syocrew6
  • Casual Listener
  • 29 replies
  • 17 likes
  • 29 replies
  • 17 likes

Spotify doesn't play sound, skips songs, doesn't show in volume mixer

PlanFamilyCountry UKDeviceHP Pavilion g6Operating SystemWin 10 My Question or IssueAs said in the topic, Spotify doesn't want to play any music, it skips the Spotify streamed music, and doesn't let me play local files. Additionally, I noticed it does...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Family Country  UK Device HP Pavilion g6 Operating System Win 10   My Question or Issue As said in the topic, Spotify doesn't want to play any music, it skips the Spotify str...
  • Trinagan
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

friend feed is not update

I cannot see my friend feed. ıt was updated a week ago. ı have a friend now he is listening but ı cant see him or his activitiy. also ı see my list as 2, 3 days ago PlanPremiumCountry TurkeyDevice(iPhone 7, )Operating System(, Windows 10,) My Questio...

• Regular
  • I cannot see my friend feed. ıt was updated a week ago. ı have a friend now he is listening but ı cant see him or his activitiy. also ı see my list as 2, 3 days ago     Plan Premium Co...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist gone

Hi, I did not login for quite a while and now my playlists are gone.Is there a way to recover them or are the lost for good ? cheers

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I did not login for quite a while and now my playlists are gone. Is there a way to recover them or are the lost for good ?   cheers 
  • jsannn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't access on windows 10 app

PlanPremiumCountryParaguay Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI downloaded the desktop version of spotify and cannot use it. I tryed so many times to access but i recibed first Error 2, and after Error 7. I have proxy settings, i tryed to...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Paraguay   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I downloaded the desktop version of spotify and cannot use it. I tryed so many times to access bu...
  • Sashkaz
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing songs between windows and galaxy phone

Hi guys I have a premium account, I've used Spotify heavily over for around 5 years now.I listen mainly through my Galaxy S9+ but would occasionally use PC and do the switch with choosing to play through PC.But lately I switch to windows and the song...

•     Hi guys   I have a premium account, I've used Spotify heavily over for around 5 years now. I listen mainly through my Galaxy S9+ but would occasionally use PC and do the switc...
  • Sashkaz
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot play one album even it can show on my library

PlanPremiumCountry AustraliaDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Hello Spotify team,I have an issue with the Spotify desktop application where I can see an album and add it to my library but cannot play it.Can you assist? I ha...

•   Plan Premium Country  Australia Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Hello Spotify team, I have an issue with the Spotify desktop a...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle Sucks

I added a bunch of songs by one artist to my playlist and now each time i play my playlist on shuffle it just puts all of their songs on the top and then the others. I want to listen to other artists and not just them so it makes me quite fustrated b...

• I added a bunch of songs by one artist to my playlist and now each time i play my playlist on shuffle it just puts all of their songs on the top and then the others. I want to listen to other artists...
  • qohq
  • 29 replies
  • 105 likes
  • 29 replies
  • 105 likes

Solved!! Cannot change my profile picture

I would like to change my profile picture but I only see Avatars. Is there a way that I can upload a profile picture from my computer?

• Visitor
  • I would like to change my profile picture but I only see Avatars. Is there a way that I can upload a profile picture from my computer?
  • x-_qmhagrcrt
  • 162 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Windows
  • 162 replies
  • 8 likes

Headset hot keys AND overlay

Windows 10 with a Wireless headset. I'm on version 1.0.82.447.g975ad224 This used to work fine, but since the latest update I've noticed I have a problem.I hate the overlay so i have it turned off, recently I've noticed that it doesnt stay turned off...

• Casual Listener
  •   Windows 10 with a Wireless headset. I'm on version 1.0.82.447.g975ad224   This used to work fine, but since the latest update I've noticed I have a problem. I hate the overlay so...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • win 10
    Wireless headset
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes