Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • crawford13x
  • Regular
  • 60 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 21 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • rossisdead
  • Roadie
  • 240 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 240 replies
  • 20 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! Spotify doesn't connect even though the Internet connection is fine

So my Spotify app suddenly refuses to connect in Windows even though the web player works fine. It's been working fine in the current setup for 2 years but today it just died. Everything else Internet-wise is working fine. Two android Phones and an i...

• Casual Listener
  • So my Spotify app suddenly refuses to connect in Windows even though the web player works fine. It's been working fine in the current setup for 2 years but today it just died. Everything else Interne...
  • Bumfred
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium - This song isn't available.

Hello,is there a reason why the songs aren't available?I got this problem very often. I'm considering switching to TIDAL. I got "Spotify Premium Family" and it's so annoying.

• Regular
  • Hello, is there a reason why the songs aren't available? I got this problem very often. I'm considering switching to TIDAL.   I got "Spotify Premium Family" and it's so annoying.  
  • dancyfits
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Plays Local File that's different to the Streamed File

I am a premium user, yet Spotify prevents me from listening to a streamed file, since it believes I have a similar file in my iTunes library. The track in question shares song title and artist name, as well as the track length, yet it is a totally di...

• I am a premium user, yet Spotify prevents me from listening to a streamed file, since it believes I have a similar file in my iTunes library.  The track in question shares song title and arti...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Top artists not showing up

Hi all, I've been reading extensively in a lot of threads about this topic (dating back all the way to 2012), but I have never read a solution that works for me. There are no 'top artists' that show up in my profile. Strange thing is: in my Tinder pr...

• Hi all,   I've been reading extensively in a lot of threads about this topic (dating back all the way to 2012), but I have never read a solution that works for me.   There are no 'top a...
  • fktr00
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Song is not available

Hey guys!I just opened up my laptop to play some music on Spotify, and it keeps giving me the message "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." for every single song that I try to play! I even uninstalled ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys! I just opened up my laptop to play some music on Spotify, and it keeps giving me the message "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." for ever...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Popping interference while playing music

Hello,I have Spotify installed on both my Desktop (Windows 10 Home x64) and iPhone 6S Plus (iOS 10.3.3). It is only on my Desktop that I experience these seemingly random popping sounds and it is extremely annoying, I have tried the following, 1 - Tu...

• Hello, I have Spotify installed on both my Desktop (Windows 10 Home x64) and iPhone 6S Plus (iOS 10.3.3). It is only on my Desktop that I experience these seemingly random popping sounds and it is e...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Local Files don't show up in search

Hi there!I wanna leave iTunes altogether so I imported all local files. They play and show up well in the "local files" section, but they do not show up if I search for them. Example: When have a **bleep** bootleg of Jefferson Airplane in my local fi...

• Hi there! I wanna leave iTunes altogether so I imported all local files. They play and show up well in the "local files" section, but they do not show up if I search for them.   Example: Wh...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Wrong language on invite

I live in Hong Kong with my family. I just subscribed to Spotify for family and although my language selection, preferences, everything are all English when I invite a member of my family into the family group the invite is in Chinese not English. .

• I live in Hong Kong with my family. I just subscribed to Spotify for family and although my language selection, preferences, everything are all English when I invite a member of my family into the fa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Automatic upstart Spotify

I am a bit of a nerd when it comes to apps on PC´s and how to use them. My only question is: how can I make sure Spotify doesn't automatically open as soon as I start up my laptop? I am sure it is probably easily fixed (tried to figure it out myself)...

• Casual Listener
  • I am a bit of a nerd when it comes to apps on PC´s and how to use them. My only question is: how can I make sure Spotify doesn't automatically open as soon as I start up my laptop? I am sure it is pr...
  • kimmonsma
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify download

I got premium so my little boy could download some songs on his mp3 player. Can't figure out how to do it, can you help ?

• I got premium so my little boy could download some songs on his mp3 player. Can't figure out how to do it, can you help ?
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Changing tracks without my will

For approximately a week now Spotify has been pausing my songs, skipping songs midway and changing albums to some weird music i've never touched before. It keeps changing album every two minutes.

• Casual Listener
  • For approximately a week now Spotify has been pausing my songs, skipping songs midway and changing albums to some weird music i've never touched before. It keeps changing album every two minutes.
  • garra741
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify as an alarm clock for PC

I'm trying to set up an alarm clock to play some music to wake up to. I came across a thread that had some people using VBScript to do it, however I don't think those methods work anymore since everything I tried it did not work. The script would ope...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm trying to set up an alarm clock to play some music to wake up to. I came across a thread that had some people using VBScript to do it, however I don't think those methods work anymore since every...
  • Rsslone
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Search Function Broken.

Why is the search function broken for Windows Desktop?

• Casual Listener
  • Why is the search function broken for Windows Desktop?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local files won't get updated

Hello, my problem with Spotify is that I add songs to a folder very often, and I want those songs to appear on Spotify's Local Files, but they simply won't update. Neither when I add music or when I delete it. Is there any way to force the applicatio...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, my problem with Spotify is that I add songs to a folder very often, and I want those songs to appear on Spotify's Local Files, but they simply won't update. Neither when I add music or when I ...
  • NoxiDream
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

free

i cant launch spotify on my laptop, even thoughits installed. i thought i could play music for free

• i cant launch spotify on my laptop, even thoughits installed. i thought i could play music for free  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing playlist made by Spotify, can't remove it from the list

https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/37i9dQZF1DWVTiXy8X2RAJ?si=_fidqaJ4T5mpAsYcYfzHZA It doesn't exist anymore. How to remove the suscribtion when it doesn't let me do that?It is just stuck loading forever. When I copy the link, the list is...

• Casual Listener
  • https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/37i9dQZF1DWVTiXy8X2RAJ?si=_fidqaJ4T5mpAsYcYfzHZA   It doesn't exist anymore. How to remove the suscribtion when it doesn't let me do that? It is...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify window does not respond to interaction

Generally, this happens when another window has been fullscreen on my primary display, and Spotify always sits on my secondary monitor. Nothing can be clicked on on the Spotify window, though tracks can still be aused/skipped by the Windows controls.

• Roadie
  • Generally, this happens when another window has been fullscreen on my primary display, and Spotify always sits on my secondary monitor. Nothing can be clicked on on the Spotify window, though tracks ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't let me log in with Facebook

I'm trying to sign in to Spotify through Facebook on this new laptop I just bought but it keeps on giving me this error:I've tried re-installing the app, but it didn't work Please let me know if you find a solution to this.Thanks!

image.png
  • Casual Listener
  • I'm trying to sign in to Spotify through Facebook on this new laptop I just bought but it keeps on giving me this error: I've tried re-installing the app, but it didn't work 😞 Please let me kn...
  • keira16
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

local files

Hi,This is my second post for help. I'm not seeing all my songs in my Local Files. They did not load automatically. How do I load them all?Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, This is my second post for help. I'm not seeing all my songs in my Local Files. They did not load automatically. How do I load them all? Thanks
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant login with facebook/standard login

Hi, I'm stucked outside the login page, neither can I login with Facebook or through the Standard 'email' login. What should I do?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm stucked outside the login page, neither can I login with Facebook or through the Standard 'email' login. What should I do?
  • Kai_00
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes