Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Can't connect with Facebook - HELP!

Hi there. Well, my girlfriend just registered on Spotify and then wanted to link this account with facebook.But she can't. Whenever she tries to log in to facebook via the Spotify player she gets an error message which you can see on the picture belo...

Error tab.jpg
  • Gig Goer
  • Hi there.  Well, my girlfriend just registered on Spotify and then wanted to link this account with facebook. But she can't.  Whenever she tries to log in to facebook via the Spoti...
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to disable Find Friend tab

Hello Lately there is a Find Friends tab began to show up on my right panel. I do not want to follow or add anybody. How can I get rid of that useless panel permanently? I even disabled Facebook but it is still there. Thanks

• Not applicable
  • Hello   Lately there is a Find Friends tab began to show up on my right panel. I do not want to follow or add anybody. How can I get rid of that useless panel permanently? I even disabled Fa...
  • cdrenth55
  • 9 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 7 likes

Solved!! Spotify Refuses to Open and Uninstall

I cannot open Spotify. I cannot even uninstall Spotify. I turned off Bitdefender. I tried moving the Spotify folder from Roaming/Appdata. None of those work. When I try to open Spotify my cursor shows a small period of wait/working (hourglass) then n...

• Casual Listener
  • I cannot open Spotify.  I cannot even uninstall Spotify.  I turned off Bitdefender.  I tried moving the Spotify folder from Roaming/Appdata.   None of those work.  When I...
  • JRdeMiranda
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows/Ubuntu Laptop shared cache

I run spotify on my Windows/Ubuntu dual boot travel laptop. Since I don't always have an internet connection, I rely on the offline mode; but on the other hand, laptop hard drives are expensive and my diskspace is way too limited to download the musi...

• Gig Goer
  • I run spotify on my Windows/Ubuntu dual boot travel laptop. Since I don't always have an internet connection, I rely on the offline mode; but on the other hand, laptop hard drives are expensive and m...
  • raoden
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Linux
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Album won't play

Hello there, I'm a new user and have the free type of account. For some reason the following album won't play. Can someone help me? I'm using spotify on my Windows desktop computer. https://play.spotify.com/album/0zMjeskPxtT8ldEB7cdqkE Thank you!

• Casual Listener
  • Hello there, I'm a new user and have the free type of account.   For some reason the following album won't play. Can someone help me? I'm using spotify on my Windows desktop computer. &nbs...
  • FedoraMasterB98
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs not available on desktop version...but they are on the mobile app?

This week I noticed there were a lot more grayed out tracks than usual in the New Music Tuesday playlist. When I tried to play those tracks, I would get the message "This track is currently not available in the United States," etc. I would have assum...

• Regular
  • This week I noticed there were a lot more grayed out tracks than usual in the New Music Tuesday playlist. When I tried to play those tracks, I would get the message "This track is currently not avail...
  • Pfaeff
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Is Spotify limiting song volume?

Is Spotify limiting song volumes? As I slide the Sppotify volume slider, the volume changes accordingly, but when I put it like on 30% or so, the volume slowly rises. You can hear the change but not see the slider moving. Also, when I slide it back t...

• Is Spotify limiting song volumes?   As I slide the Sppotify volume slider, the volume changes accordingly, but when I put it like on 30% or so, the volume slowly rises. You can hear the chan...
  • ParaDoX94
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't add local songs to playlists

Description I cannot add any songs from my computer to my Spotify playlists. If you drag the song to a playlist it will say "copy" but the song will not add. To make it clear I am dragging songs from a folder, not another device or iTunes. It did and...

• Casual Listener
  • Description I cannot add any songs from my computer to my Spotify playlists. If you drag the song to a playlist it will say "copy" but the song will not add. To make it clear I am dragging son...
  • Mosquito43
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Last Album Track Skipped After Ad

I was just listening to an album at work and an ad was played after the second to last track and then it just looped back to the first track.on the album, completely skipping the last track.

• Roadie
  • I was just listening to an album at work and an ad was played after the second to last track and then it just looped back to the first track.on the album, completely skipping the last track.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Troubleshooting Spotify on Win 8.1 - addendum

Hi, I couldn't add to the thread Troubleshooting in Windows which seems to be closed. The solution here (as with a couple of other programs) was to edit the firewall rule(s) and replace the path to the executable file: from this form: %APPDATA%\Spoti...

• Hi, I couldn't add to the thread Troubleshooting in Windows which seems to be closed.     The solution here (as with a couple of other programs) was to edit the firewall rule(s) and r...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! HELP - Can't Open/Install Apps With Spotify

Hi there. My computer is running on Windows 7 x64. My problem: I want to install the musiXmatch or TuneWiki App for my spotify desktop player. So I got to this page. Now when I click on "Open In Spotify" my sporitfy player pops up and shows me the fo...

Error.jpg
  • Gig Goer
  • Hi there.  My computer is running on Windows 7 x64.   My problem: I want to install the musiXmatch or TuneWiki App for my spotify desktop player. So I got to this page. Now when I cl...
  • hans-jürgen
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Too much stuff in the window

Hi! How can I remove everything in my Spotify window except the music I find when i search and my own playlists? I want NONE of these: news recommendations other peoples' playlists toplists announcements community new releases this that etc etc etc H...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi!   How can I remove everything in my Spotify window except the music I find when i search and my own playlists?   I want NONE of these:   news recommendations other ...
  • Klas
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Problema con Spotify y tarjeta de sonido

Hola, Os hago una captura de pantala con el error que tengo. No me permite reproducir nada desde mi ordenador. He descargado el programa de nuevo, lo he instalado, y nada. Por favor, solucionarlo cuanto antes ya que lo necesito. Un saludo.

• Casual Listener
  • Hola,   Os hago una captura de pantala con el error que tengo. No me permite reproducir nada desde mi ordenador.   He descargado el programa de nuevo, lo he instalado, y nada. ...
  • Victorkjasbdkjb
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Disable loudness normalization

In the latest update this feature was removed and i'm asking why? I almost immediately noticed the difference. Because now what the loudness compressing is doing, it makes EDM tracks more muddier (lower treble), more loose (lower bass) making them bl...

• Music Fan
  • In the latest update this feature was removed and i'm asking why?  I almost immediately noticed the difference.   Because now what the loudness compressing is doing, it makes EDM tr...
  • heyspotify
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Song from My Favorite Coffeehouse Play List Not Playing

The My Favorite Coffeehouse play list continues to stall out because one song on the play list won't play. Can someone fix it or delete the song? It is really irritating to have to have the play list abruptly quit on me every day. This is the song: W...

• Not applicable
  • The My Favorite Coffeehouse play list continues to stall out because one song on the play list won't play. Can someone fix it or delete the song? It is really irritating to have to have the play list...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify suddenly quits. Press play won't work (goes to pause). Sonos is working...

So, I am getting really annoyed by the fact that Spotify quits irregular and very frequently over the last month. It always happens when I switch device (phone, tablet, laptop) or connection (wifi and 3G). I can press play, the track runs for a coupl...

• Casual Listener
  • So, I am getting really annoyed by the fact that Spotify quits irregular and very frequently over the last month. It always happens when I switch device (phone, tablet, laptop) or connection (wifi an...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop Toolbar no longer lets me hover over Spotify icon and change track or pause music

On my PC, the desktop toolbar always shows open applications on the bottom of the screen. When listening Spotify at work, I used to be able to hover my mouse over the Spotify icon in my toolbar rail across the bottom of the screen, and a mini image o...

• Casual Listener
  • On my PC, the desktop toolbar always shows open applications on the bottom of the screen.  When listening Spotify at work, I used to be able to hover my mouse over the Spotify icon in my toolbar...
  • jakezze01
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Skip music that you don't like

Hi there, I have been listening to Spotify for quite a while now. Big fan. One thing exhausts me however: Just like everybody of you, I don't like all the music that is listed in Top Lists or other playlists. One example: Beyonce - 7/11. I just H-A-T...

• Hi there,   I have been listening to Spotify for quite a while now. Big fan. One thing exhausts me however: Just like everybody of you, I don't like all the music that is listed in Top Lis...
  • AceSteeleYT
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

Just had an album released -related artists awful

Hi I had an album of mine relased through a label say 2 months ago, My related artists at the moment are the polor opposite and its frustraiting to think that nobody will find me though an artist radio ect from bands that im actually like, how long d...

• Hi I had an album of mine relased through a label say 2 months ago, My related artists at the moment are the polor opposite and its frustraiting to think that nobody will find me though an artist rad...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes