Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • darkyoda1138
  • Regular
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Drag and drop playlists into folders does not work

I am unable to place playlists into folders. When I drag a playlist to a folder, the "+" box appears to indicate the playlist will be placed into the folder. When I let go of the mouse button, the playlist is inserted above the folder instead of insi...

• Casual Listener
  • I am unable to place playlists into folders. When I drag a playlist to a folder, the "+" box appears to indicate the playlist will be placed into the folder. When I let go of the mouse button, t...
  • Dreadlord
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

No preferences option - Edit menu only shows "delete" - windows 7 client

Greetings, I have been trying to solve this for days and I just can't solve it. My edit menu on my latest windows 7 install only shows "delete" in the edit menu. There are other menus that aren't right either. I have done a tremendous amount of searc...

• Regular
  • Greetings,   I have been trying to solve this for days and I just can't solve it.  My edit menu on my latest windows 7 install only shows "delete" in the edit menu.  There are other ...
  • drosenth
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify website is in Swedish, but I'm in the US

I'm not exactly sure what happened, but when I go to https://www.spotify.com, it redirects me to https://www.spotify.com/se/ That'd be cool and all except for the fact that I'm not in Sweden, nor can I read Swedish. Not sure what to do Any help would...

• Regular
  • I'm not exactly sure what happened, but when I go to https://www.spotify.com, it redirects me to https://www.spotify.com/se/   That'd be cool and all except for the fact that I'm not...
  • toasterface
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Music output is broken

Since the last update Spotify completely ignores my Asus Rog motherboard audio settings... Bass boost, equalizer, whatever... No matter what i've tried it does not react at all when fiddling with the audio settings.... Everything else does, but not S...

• Since the last update Spotify completely ignores my Asus Rog motherboard audio settings... Bass boost, equalizer, whatever... No matter what i've tried it does not react at all when fiddling with the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Ads in the middle of songs

I was happily listening to Papa Roach scream their way through Last Resort when it was interupted by the tinkely piano of an advert started. This has been happening since the most recent spotify update. Is this an intended new function, in which case...

• I was happily listening to Papa Roach scream their way through Last Resort when it was interupted by the tinkely piano of an advert started. This has been happening since the most recent spotify upda...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

"This song is not available..."

Out of the blue, every other song I try to play on my desktop Spotify version now gives me the error "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." Songs that I played fine last week suddenly aren't playing, in...

• Casual Listener
  • Out of the blue, every other song I try to play on my desktop Spotify version now gives me the error "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."   So...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 28 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 28 replies
  • 1 likes

Certain songs in albums are "not available" when the rest of the album is

Some of my music is "not available" even though its worked previously and other songs in the album will play just fine. Specifically in system of a downs steal this album. I'd really like a way to fix this because all the songs in the album that don'...

• Some of my music is "not available" even though its worked previously and other songs in the album will play just fine. Specifically in system of a downs steal this album. I'd really like a way to fi...
  • chriscarman
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Album art trouble

Hi, I have a trouble with the album art since January 1st. The problem is that the "miniatures" don´t charge or charge too slowly; sometimes they do charge but when I enter into a playlist or album the album art (that was visible before entering into...

• Hi, I have a trouble with the album art since January 1st. The problem is that the "miniatures" don´t charge or charge too slowly; sometimes they do charge but when I enter into a playlist or album t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Error Code 17 | Windows 10

I'm not sure if there is a concrete solution for error code 17, but I've tried everything. I've added exceptions, CCleaned, Switched anti-virus programs, compatibility modes, administrative rights were changed, couldn't uninstall it, it wouldn't so I...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm not sure if there is a concrete solution for error code 17, but I've tried everything. I've added exceptions, CCleaned, Switched anti-virus programs, compatibility modes, administrative righ...
  • Cnicole2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

playlist with whole albums wont play it random

I made a playlist whit complete albums of diferent albums but when i activate the random function doesnt work,what is happening?

• I made a playlist whit complete albums of diferent albums but when i activate the random function doesnt work,what is happening?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

PC, Notebook, Galaxy can´t finde offline device

hallo i have a problem, i create a new premium account, but i can t find offline device. I have three device and allover I have the same problem. I do some restarts, same problem. Can you help me? and sorry for my bad english

• hallo   i have a problem, i create a new premium account, but i can t find offline device.   I have three device and allover I have the same problem.   I do some restarts, same p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Am I going crazy or is shuffle reactivating itself all the time?!

I *never* use shuffle intentionally, but somehow it just keeps activating for me. I've got a premium account, and use the windows client. For example I can listen to some album, then check out the the "discover weekly" playlist, then start another al...

• Casual Listener
  • I *never* use shuffle intentionally, but somehow it just keeps activating for me. I've got a premium account, and use the windows client. For example I can listen to some album, then check out the th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Desktop client not saving when not quitted properly

Hey Guys, I'm using Spotify daily on my work laptop and it looks like the "current playing state" is saved upon quitting (when quitting the app) but the thing is when you turn off windows with spotify still running, it loses the current state and goe...

• Regular
  • Hey Guys,    I'm using Spotify daily on my work laptop and it looks like the "current playing state" is saved upon quitting (when quitting the app) but the thing is when you turn off wind...
  • Dreadlord
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Error 53 on windows 10

When I try to download spotify, an error 53 message pops up. What is this message for? How do I fix it without going to a different site or something to download it?

• Music Fan
  • When I try to download spotify, an error 53 message pops up. What is this message for? How do I fix it without going to a different site or something to download it?
  • alyssacook1029
  • Music Fan
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

Bose SoundTouch 54C1E3 in Spotify connect, but I don't have one!

Does anyone have similar issues? I don't own a soundtouch and I have no unwanted people in my network. Any idea?

• Does anyone have similar issues? I don't own a soundtouch and I have no unwanted people in my network. Any idea?
  • itu_
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I sync ALL of my playlists from iTunes?

Hi all... I'm new to Spotify, have been working with iTunes and playlists for years. I have 100 playlists that I want to sync in Spotify but not all will come over. I've followed the help tips and directions - still, no go. Any help would be apprecia...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all... I'm new to Spotify, have been working with iTunes and playlists for years. I have 100 playlists that I want to sync in Spotify but not all will come over. I've followed the help tips and di...
  • itu_
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Songs" not downloaded for offline use

Hi everyone, I have a question: Why is it that in the Android app my "Songs" are automatically downloaded, but on my Windows 10 laptop my "Songs" are not automatically downloaded and if I want them for offline usage I'd have to manually update a play...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone,   I have a question: Why is it that in the Android app my "Songs" are automatically downloaded, but on my Windows 10 laptop my "Songs" are not automatically downloaded and if I wa...
  • itu_
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with changing the song and random songs.

On Spotify Desktop Windows 10,i'm having some problems, one of them is:I play songs on random when i try to change to another one it starts to shuffle all again and it dont stops then the bug cames, after this i cant change the music by my own choice...

• On Spotify Desktop Windows 10,i'm having some problems, one of them is: I play songs on random when i try to change to another one it starts to shuffle all again and it dont stops then the bug cames...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Organizing playlists into folders

I'm using Spotify 1.0.44.100.ga60c0ce1 on Windows and cannot, for the life of me, drag existing playlists into playlist folders. I tried dragging playlists onto folder from the side bar (dragging the list items onto the folder items with the arrow dr...

tmp.png
  • Casual Listener
  • I'm using Spotify 1.0.44.100.ga60c0ce1 on Windows and cannot, for the life of me, drag existing playlists into playlist folders.   I tried dragging playlists onto folder from the side bar...
  • djgrundig
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Remove from start up

Feature request - be able to edit some preferences without having to log the app in to an account, for example a technician at a repair centre wants to remove Spotify from start-up. Currently, they must use configuration tools (msconfig, registry for...

• Feature request - be able to edit some preferences without having to log the app in to an account, for example a technician at a repair centre wants to remove Spotify from start-up.  Currently, ...
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes