Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 34 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 34 likes

Superuser Contribution Local files not showing on iPhone iOS 16

My Question or Issue i have songs downloaded on my iPhone . I have given all the permissions and local files toggle is ON. But I don’t see my local files on my iPhone kindly help

•     My Question or Issue   i have songs downloaded on my iPhone . I have given all the permissions and local files toggle is ON. But I don’t see my local files on my iPhone  ...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Volume in and out of app being separate

PlanPremiumDeviceiPhone 11 Operating SystemiOS 16 My Question or IssueRecently I’ve noticed the volume in and out of my app isn’t linking up. If I turn the volume to a certain level in the app, if I exit out and change it, when I go back to the app i...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Device iPhone 11  Operating System iOS 16   My Question or Issue Recently I’ve noticed the volume in and out of my app isn’t linking up. If I turn the volume to...
  • WendyP
  • Music Fan
  • 30 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 30 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Album art not displaying on car's infotainment system

PlanPremiumDeviceiPhone 13Operating SystemiOS 15.6 & iOS 15.5 My Question or Issue Hi! So my issues start from the time iOS 15.5 went out. The car's info. system doesn't display the album art anymore (connected by bluetooth to the car). Current song ...

• Plan Premium Device iPhone 13 Operating System iOS 15.6 & iOS 15.5   My Question or Issue   Hi! So my issues start from the time iOS 15.5 went out. The car's info. system doesn...
  • KTBH22
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Why can’t I share lyrics?

Recently found out through a friend that Spotify added a feature to share lyrics to people or social media. I didn’t know about it until she showed me how to do it on her phone. I cannot. I redownloaded the app, went through all settings. I can share...

• Recently found out through a friend that Spotify added a feature to share lyrics to people or social media. I didn’t know about it until she showed me how to do it on her phone. I cannot. I redownloa...
  • AlejaR
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcasts not playing on Bluetooth external devices.

I don’t have google home or any other home automation .. just trying to connect to Bluetooth earbuds and other Bluetooth speakers

• Regular
  • I don’t have google home or any other home automation ..  just trying to connect to Bluetooth earbuds and other Bluetooth speakers
  • OscarDC
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Unable to Listen to Local Files on my iPhone

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States of AmericaDeviceiPhone 13 miniOperating SystemiOS 15.7 My Question or IssueI am unable to listen to local files on my iPhone. I have uploaded the songs into Spotify on my laptop, and followed all the steps to have them...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States of America Device iPhone 13 mini Operating System iOS 15.7   My Question or Issue I am unable to listen to local files on my iPhone. I have uploaded ...
  • anomunus
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Tracks skipping

Premium plan, USA, iPhone 8 running OS16.0.2Tracks keep skipping halfway through the song. At first it was just skipping to different songs on my playlist but now it keeps switching to random meditation music. Additionally, it keeps trying to play on...

• Premium plan, USA, iPhone 8 running OS16.0.2 Tracks keep skipping halfway through the song. At first it was just skipping to different songs on my playlist but now it keeps switching to random medit...
  • AlejaR
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Pausing with notifications

My Spotify in the iPhone is pausing automatically when a notification come. I didn’t find anywhere how to solve it. What should i do?

• Visitor
  • My Spotify in the iPhone is pausing automatically when a notification come. I didn’t find anywhere how to solve it. What should i do?
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Lyrics appear too small

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone XROperating SystemiOS 10 My Question or IssueEver since the software upgrade, the lyrics that I see have gone from a normal font to a smaller font.Is there a glitch in the software, or do I need to update a...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue Ever since the software upgrade, the lyrics that I see have gone from a normal font t...
  • unclerk
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I make Spotify stop playing American music

I don't like Americans. How can I block all of them? I don't want to give them any streaming proceeds, or add to their monthly listeners count.

• I don't like Americans. How can I block all of them? I don't want to give them any streaming proceeds, or add to their monthly listeners count.
  • unclerk
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Streaming stops after initial song is played.

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone 13Operating SystemiOSMy Question or IssueI drive a lot and exercise. I like to just pick a song and start streaming. No time for hitting thumbs up or down. Nor do I save songs to play later, just pick a song and let t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone 13 Operating System iOS My Question or Issue I drive a lot and exercise. I like to just pick a song and start streaming. No time for hitting thumbs up o...
  • Lyubka
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I can’t get rid of a playlist

I have this playlist from when I was with my ex and it’s literally stuck on my account, it has a picture of her as the album cover and I just want it gone, I’ve tried unliking the playlist - still there. And I just want it gone PlanDuo CountryUnited ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have this playlist from when I was with my ex and it’s literally stuck on my account, it has a picture of her as the album cover and I just want it gone, I’ve tried unliking the playlist - still th...
  • MateusM
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Group session doesn't work on my bluetooth adapter

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDevice(Iphone 12)Operating System(iOS 16, Spotify V 8.7.68) My Question or IssueMy question is simple, why can't I create a group session with my bluetooth adapter ?I don't understand because few month ago it worked perfectly ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country France Device (Iphone 12) Operating System (iOS 16, Spotify V 8.7.68)   My Question or Issue My question is simple, why can't I create a group session with my blue...
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    iphone
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution More puzzlement over 'Local Files'

Hello,I realise that the method of accessing local files on iOS devices has recently changed but I've noticed a couple of odd things when trying out the new method: 1. The 'old' method (on Spotify for PC, add a source folder containing music files th...

• Regular
  • Hello, I realise that the method of accessing local files on iOS devices has recently changed but I've noticed a couple of odd things when trying out the new method:   1. The 'old' method (on...
  • AlejaR
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs don’t play unless they have been liked

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceIPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 13.6Question or IssueWhen I go to an album to play a song that has not been downloaded it won’t play. It gets stuck in a screen like the first picture I attached. However I can like and then imme...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country US Device IPhone 11 Operating System iOS 13.6 Question or Issue When I go to an album to play a song that has not been downloaded it won’t play. It gets stuck in a scree...
  • Espinator
  • 39 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 39 replies
  • 12 likes

Superuser Contribution Certain podcasts not playing over wifi

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 12.3.1 My Question or IssueI keep having the same issue playing Pod Save America over wifi. I can stream music without issue, and can stream certain other podcasts, but for some reason, I can onl...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 12.3.1   My Question or Issue I keep having the same issue playing Pod Save America over wifi. I can stream music without ...
  • OscarDC
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify only plays the first 10 seconds of most songs

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 6sOperating SystemiOS 13.5.1 My Question or Issuespotify will only play the first ten seconds of most all of my songs. i have them all downloaded but spotify still won’t work, even when i connect to wifi.

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 6s Operating System iOS 13.5.1   My Question or Issue spotify will only play the first ten seconds of most all of my songs. i have them all downl...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify offline music only download when the phone is unloked

PlanPremium DeviceiPhone 11 pro maxOperating System(iOS 13.3.1 My Question or Issue When In settings I go to Music Quality, in Download section there is this message: “Please Keep Spotify Open And Your screen unlocked. Downloads will pause If your de...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Device iPhone 11 pro max Operating System (iOS 13.3.1   My Question or Issue   When In settings I go to Music Quality, in Download section there is this messag...
  • SilSpoti
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes