Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

iOS11 iPad Where are the volume controls?

I just got an iPad Pro, and when on its side, the hardware buttons are almost impossible to access. May I ask why there is no way to adjust the volume of the music on the main Spotify now playing screen? This is pretty much essential basic funcitonal...

• Regular
  • I just got an iPad Pro, and when on its side, the hardware buttons are almost impossible to access.   May I ask why there is no way to adjust the volume of the music on the main...
  • Musician952
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Musica para de tocar

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDevice(iPhone 7)Operating System(iOS) My Question or IssueDepois de algumas horas a musica para de tocar, coloquei o celular conectado numa caixa de som na empresa e depois de um tempo a musica para de tocar.

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device (iPhone 7) Operating System (iOS)   My Question or Issue Depois de algumas horas a musica para de tocar, coloquei o celular conectado numa caixa de s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Add To Playlists Not Working

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice(iPhone XR)Operating System(iOS 14.6) My Question or IssueAdd to playlist hasn't been working for me recently in the sense that when I add a brand new song to one of my playlists, I can't add that same song to the same or o...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device (iPhone XR) Operating System (iOS 14.6)   My Question or Issue Add to playlist hasn't been working for me recently in the sense that when I add a brand ...
  • Kiril
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Error 30 and 101

I have just gotten a new phone and I am getting both error codes 30 and 101. It will switch back and forth. I am not using a VPN and have tried re-installing the app multiple times. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Visitor
  • I have just gotten a new phone and I am getting both error codes 30 and 101. It will switch back and forth. I am not using a VPN and have tried re-installing the app multiple times. Any help would be...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify and Discord problems

Device(iPhone SE 2nd Generation)Operating System(iOS 16 beta (but still didn't work with official iOS 15)) My Question or IssueSo I somehow managed to make the Discord status show the music I listen to in Spotify on iPhone, but I found another proble...

• Device (iPhone SE 2nd Generation) Operating System (iOS 16 beta (but still didn't work with official iOS 15))   My Question or Issue So I somehow managed to make the Discord status show th...
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Not receiving push notifications on my iPhone and iPad

PlanPremiumCountryPuerto RicoDeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 13 My Question or IssueI have noticed recently that I’m not receiving push notification from the Spotify app. I’m receiving notifications through email, from new music from my favorite a...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Puerto Rico Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 13   My Question or Issue I have noticed recently that I’m not receiving push notification from the Spoti...
  • juliodelahoz
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Skip forward/back unavailable on certain tracks

Plan: Family PremiumCountry: U.S. Device: iPhone 12 Pro Max Operating System: Latest iOS I have noticed while listening to The Avett Brothers (Gleam III album) the skip back and forward buttons are absent, and only the buttons to go to the beginning ...

• Regular
  • Plan: Family Premium Country: U.S.   Device: iPhone 12 Pro Max   Operating System: Latest iOS   I have noticed while listening to The Avett Brothers (Gleam III album) the skip b...
  • OscarDC
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Please consider and improve TV apps (Apple TV & Samsung TV): so buggy

Lately I migrated again from  Music to Spotify to give the app another shot. I am a huge fan of your social features and by our mobile app that is so snappy on iPhone. My main concern is about your Apple TV and Samsung TV apps.After given them a try...

• Composer
  • Lately I migrated again from  Music to Spotify to give the app another shot. I am a huge fan of your social features and by our mobile app that is so snappy on iPhone.   My main concern is ab...
  • Kiril
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • AppleTV
    lyrics
    SamsungTV
    TV
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Impossible to play 99% of my saved songs

I downloaded all my songs and now it’s impossible to play them offline. Premium family ok. HELP please I’m getting crazy. Im paying for nothing

• Visitor
  • I downloaded all my songs and now it’s impossible to play them offline.  Premium family ok.  HELP please I’m getting crazy. Im paying for nothing 
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution 'Previous Song' button disabled by new 'Shuffle' button hidden icon

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 13 ProOperating SystemiOS 15.6.1 My Question or IssueI am unable to use the 'Previous Song' back caret button. I assume this is due to the Enhancement Shuffle option that was just added. I am able to use th...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 13 Pro Operating System iOS 15.6.1   My Question or Issue I am unable to use the 'Previous Song' back caret button. I assume this is du...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Daily Mix gone

PlanFreeCountryCataloniaDeviceiPad 12Operating SystemiOS 14 My Question or IssueSo I hopped on Spotify and noticed that daily mixes are gone. There are now artist mixes instead which I find pretty useless. Is there an app issue or was this poor decis...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Free Country Catalonia Device iPad 12 Operating System iOS 14     My Question or Issue So I hopped on Spotify and noticed that daily mixes are gone. There are now artist mix...
  • Eni
  • 19 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify rewind button will not rewind even after i press it

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone SE 2.0Operating SystemIOS 15 My Question or IssueSpotify Rewind Button will not work even after i press it numerous times. Swiping the album cover does work however, just not the rewind button. The fast for...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone SE 2.0 Operating System IOS 15   My Question or Issue Spotify Rewind Button will not work even after i press it numerous times....
  • a-bloke
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Play the playlist from the beginning through Siri?

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone X, iPad pro 2019Operating SystemiOS 13 My Question or IssueHow to play a playlist from the beginning on Spotify through Siri?

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone X, iPad pro 2019 Operating System iOS 13   My Question or Issue How to play a playlist from the beginning on Spotify through Siri?
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Sonos devices missing but Airplay works

Premium subscriptionUK DeviceiPhone6 and MacbookOperating SystemiOS 12.4.6 and iOS 10.15.4 My Question or IssueVery often, all of my Sonos devices are missing from my Spotify App. However, Airplay sees all of the devices with that enabled when select...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium subscription UK   Device iPhone6 and Macbook Operating System iOS 12.4.6 and iOS 10.15.4   My Question or Issue Very often, all of my Sonos devices are missing from my Spot...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Apple EarPods volume control not working when using Spotify app on iPad

It’s a 10.2, gen 8 iPad. My Apple EarPods are connected through the lightning port. The EarPods work perfectly with any other app on the iPad. But with the Spotify app the volume up and down on the EarPods cable does not work. The pause /play button ...

• Casual Listener
  • It’s a 10.2, gen 8 iPad. My Apple EarPods are connected through the lightning port. The EarPods work perfectly with any other app on the iPad. But with the Spotify app the volume up and down on the E...
  • treesplease
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist now showing

Hello, a while ago i put my playlist on private and wanted to make it public again 2 weeks go but whenever someone goes to my account they can’t see my playlists and i deleted and installed the app again i put it on private and public again, i did al...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, a while ago i put my playlist on private and wanted to make it public again 2 weeks go but whenever someone goes to my account they can’t see my playlists and i deleted and installed the app a...
  • HalfNathan
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App automatically plays a new song on reopening of the app, after visiting site with a spotifyplayer

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 15.6.1Firefox iOSMy Question or IssueAfter I visit the website of our local music venue, find a show i'd like to see, then open the spotify app, it autmatically plays a new song every ti...

• Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 15.6.1 Firefox iOS My Question or Issue After I visit the website  of our local music venue, find a show i'd...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    firefox
    iOS
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can’t add a song to the playlist

I can’t add a song to the playlist while it’s playing in my car through bluetooth from my iphone. I tried to reinstall the app, but yhe only thing that works it’s to turn off the stereo and restart the app, and that’s been really long time, I think a...

• I can’t add a song to the playlist while it’s playing in my car through bluetooth from my iphone. I tried to reinstall the app, but yhe only thing that works it’s to turn off the stereo and restart t...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Just chiming in to pile on with the rest of your *paid* users who hate the new update.

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceSamsung Galaxy S8Operating SystemAndroid (latest for device) My Question or IssueWith the last update that no one wanted, I had to jump through hoops to get to my radio stations (and still do). Now with this update that no o...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Samsung Galaxy S8 Operating System Android (latest for device)   My Question or Issue With the last update that no one wanted, I had to jump through hoop...
  • KYLEESMILEY
  • 6 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 8 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify app reverts video podcast when losing focus.

Operating System(iOS 15.3.1, Spotify app 8.7.20.1724) My Question or IssueWatching\listening to any video podcast then when you switch to another app and then back again Spotify app will revert the timeline spot back to when you started watching\list...

• Casual Listener
  • Operating System (iOS 15.3.1, Spotify app 8.7.20.1724)   My Question or Issue Watching\listening to any video podcast then when you switch to another app and then back again Spotify app will...
  • Sully6
  • Visitor
  • 39 replies
  • 2 likes
  • podcast
  • 39 replies
  • 2 likes