Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
FireVisky

I just recently joined Spotify. Now I'm an Indian living in Kuwait, and because I reside in an Arabic speaking country, Spotify assumes that I listen to Arabic music. I don't.  I have about 200 songs in my playlist of which only about 3 of them are Arabic, and that too because they either collaborated with a known western singer or composed by it. The Editors pick section  of mine is utter garbage, and suggestions too. My tastes doesn't include 80s or 90s Egyptian music neither do I care for what's trending presently in the Arabic music  scene. Shouldn't the algorithm figure out what language music I prefer? Or provide an option where I can choose in what languages would I like the suggestions in.

CadeReynolds

Yes, yes.. thousands yes for this idea. For example today: I opened spotify and first thing I see, is some girl with the most ugly, stupid expression on her face (check Playlist "Happy Hits!" ) - mouth open, tongue touching teeth, eyes almost closed.. what the **bleep**? ( seriously? opposite of heaven is "bleeped"? )

I honestly can't understand how can anybody find that attractive or even just nice.

Just add a "go to last playlist on startup" option at the very least. THAT can't be hard to implement.

Almaenpaz

Thanks for your post!

threesixty_alt

This is an amazing idea, it has my full support and I'd love to see it happen. It'd make Spotify, which is the best music service there is, even better.

DK411

Thank you for all your comments and support !!
We need to make Spotify listen to us in this matter, and for that we need at least 11 more votes to reach the 100 before July. Please share this thread with your friends and networks, in order to make it enter into consideration. 

Thank you! Spotify will be absolutely perfect when they let us customize the start screen and eliminate the unwanted and unsuffrable suggestions.

Almaenpaz

We have hope!

Thanks DK411, have a nice week!

Haddicus

Really sickens my that Spotify forces this stuff on consumers that PAY for the app... yet it seems they just keep using the space to advertise junk that most of us don't want. I doubt they will ever change it, because it's advertising space for them.

thomsenkbh

I believe we need to see this happen now. I'm annoyed by the fact that I don't have control of my owerview. As a premium/family member, Spotify needs to stop pushing irrellevant music and let me have control of how I wish to access the music I've paid for. It should be a simple addition. --> Start with (Home/Browse/Radio).

Going further - and even more user centred - I tend to start 90% of all listening sessions on DISCOVER. Why can't spotify apply an algorithm to my usage/interaction the same way they've done to my consumption and just bring me there upon initating a session? 

Please, Spotify. Make this happen. 

CadeReynolds

Come on Spotify, don't leave us hanging.. 

Almaenpaz

Thanks for your post CadeReynolds! We can make it, we still have time.

Have a nice day!