Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
Jeevaka

Is it possible to add the 'inactive idea' votes to this one? Seems like this is getting resetted as a new idea every couple of years and it starts a new vote.

khebert33

I am very dissapointed that as a premium subscriber I can't personalise my home page. It's like looking at someone else's account each time - so annoying.

Please give us this option!

Thank you

Almaenpaz
Thanks for your comments Jeevaka and khebert33. Maybe Spotify got some good money promoting garbage music, I don´t know, the only thing I know for sure is that we need to keep posting until they hear our claim. Have a nice weekend!
CadeReynolds

oooh.. they hear it alright. They just don't care. What's couple hundreds votes for them? (And we're not in even there) Drop in a very big bucket 😕 

If they change it one day, it'll be out of their good heart 😄 Not because we somehow "forced" them to.

Toyrcota

Yes Please... This is important to keeping me as a customer I'm tired of them advertising to me bad music when I pay for this service.

I agree with this! I would be more inclined to subscribe to Spotify consistently if I could set up my Spotify home screen to show only my favorite albums.

edwin_r_c

Yes please! Just because I live in Colombia it doesn't mean that I'm interested in the lastest **bleep** Maluma published. No, I don't care about Shakira. NO, I don't want to listen to the newest Reggeaton. I couldn't give a rat's **bleep** about Salsa or Vallenato. 

I've been a subscriber for over a year, I think you should already know about what music I like to listen to. 

edwin_r_c

@DK411 wrote:

Thank you for all your comments and support !!
We need to make Spotify listen to us in this matter, and for that we need at least 11 more votes to reach the 100 before July. Please share this thread with your friends and networks, in order to make it enter into consideration. 

Thank you! Spotify will be absolutely perfect when they let us customize the start screen and eliminate the unwanted and unsuffrable suggestions.

Ok.... 100 votes reached with more than a months time. Let's see if Spotify does something about it. 

MichaelMcCammon

Continued rediculous offerings on my homepage. It's a waste of space. At the very least, remove it and have the start being one's personal library.

#algorithmsdontwork

Lausianne

"Editor's picks" in particular I find totally annoying. Always on top and I have never seen anything remotely interesting there. Not only not interesting, often I find it offensive even to suggest I might be interested in that c**p.