Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
01go

Just a simple button to press and drop the music from my home screen that I do not listen to. I have a family plan for my 7 old daughter. She sometimes plays her terrible music on my account by mistake. I want to be able to drop this awful song/album. How **bleep**ing hard is to sort this stupid problem out ! Spotify I’m **bleep** off with you right now for not being able to do this 

MichaelMcCammon

Time to start again. 

So disappointing this request is being ignored. 

Make it a premium feature. Something. 

I, as a programmer myself, wouldn't consider this to be too difficult to implement, so why isn't it, and now even changed to the status "Not right now"? Apparently quite a few people are interested in this; since more than 5 years.

shadoweq

I **bleep**ing hate the home page. horribly inaccurate keeps forcing the same shitty artist on me after I clicked on his page, ONCE, *ACCIDENTALLY*. I'm not paying for this app to torture me with inaccurate preferences! This idea better move to active ideas right now, I hate**bleep**.

roeboe01

Agree with al the above comments, it should be possible to control what is shown on the home menu. So many categories that I’m not interested in are forced on me, recent the “ trailers for you”. This is spam and that within subscription account, not acceptable.
Yet it shows that there is currently work done on the home menu, why not add an pull down/ toggle in settings to control these categories. 
Please move up on activity list

Noticed some changes this Black Friday (27th) , most irritating categories have been removed from the start screen. Thanks for that.

But would still like control myself (I have the subscription version) which categories, suggestion and in what order are displayed.  

01go

It seems clear that the only possible explanation is that Spotify is hoodwinking us by forcing paid promotional content on us. If I am right then this is unacceptable within a subscribed account. 

neanda

I've got sports and politics podcasts and some**bleep**.  Why do I keep seeing the same crapp, which I don't even like, all the **bleeping** TIME, please sort it out, your UX team need a kick up their hole.  

I've been with you guys since the earliest beta and love your service, but this is getting embarrassing for you, I can no longer recommend you to others

Currawong13

With podcasts now supported it has got worse. Old episodes from podcasts I have unsubscribed and episodes that have already been played keep being put on the Home Screen!

Mamasheka

Please add this. Currently it seems like it's there to taunt and annoy me instead of be useful. It somehow knows what was recently played by someone that wasn't me and that I'll never play again and it sits there for months at a time.

Like "REMEMBER THIS WAS PLAYED 1 TIME 6 YEARS AGO, SPOTIFY THINKS YOU SHOULD SEE IT HERE IN YOUR FACE ETERNALLY WITH NO WAY TO GET RID OF IT"

timb1990

test