Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
PrestonGarvey

I don't like feminists why in the **bleep** are you all showing me this **bleep**. if you all keep doing this **bleep** i will un sub. I don't like feminism/ feminists

I don't like feministsI don't like feminists

Nonoyerbiznez

So we have to pay for you to make crappy recommendations to us for things we have NEVER listened to. In my case, podcasts -- I've NEVER even looked for podcasts, why the heck would you even consider shoving those down my throat on my home page? Also, I miss the "Discovery Weekly" and Daily Mixes that use to be there. So I scroll, scroll, scroll, and click, click, click to get to what I want to listen to. I have to pay for that ****. -sigh-

danger_moose

I literally hate podcasts as a medium and the constant irrelevant suggestions are nothing short of annoying. I've paid spotify a monthly fee for 8 years straight and have considered closing my subscription if only to avoid ever having to read the name "**bleep** Town" on my home page even one more time.

edit: I see now that you automatically censor the name of the podcast. Why the BLEEP is it even on my home page to begin with if you yourselves deem it as material that needs censoring.

devthesquid

I feel the same way, more so with some podcasts. I've tried listening to them and would rather not try again.

This idea has new urgency in light of how much the awful Joe Rogan disinformation podcast is being "featured" on the main page, surrounded by things I actually want to hear.

Stars200
That is exactly how we felt when they were pushing division with the Obama podcasts earlier this year. The guy didn't have anything worth saying when he was president let alone now except for fanning the flames of hate and racial divide.
-rvjq_i9fkd3f
The problem with podcasts is that they politicize what used to be a music-driven service. I don't want to hear from this guy or the guy who dislikes feminists or any of them. If you allow us to avoid podcasts it will reduce this divisiveness.
CK36

The idea of having an personalised dashboard is great. However, the (current) implementation is absolutely horrendous  and provides zero value (more the opposite!). It should be an opt-in option rather than pushing this on (paying) people. 

DMBMTBr

GREAT IDEA: listen to your subscribers! Stop cluttering up my home with **bleep** I have ZERO interest in listening to... why am I paying a subscription and also trying to be sold something else?.... also, STOP asking me to connect my FB friends.... I found this page the same way I'll find some other way to listen to music/podcasts.

sandhijain

Absolutely, I am getting recommendations for an empty playlist. Please give us the freedom like Youtube to discard what we don't want to see on screen. I haven't subscribed to that playlist. I want that we must have the freedom to choose what is to be displayed on the start screen. Spotify should arrange a separate section at the bottom of the page or some other page for recommended playlists. That empty playlist is of no use to me.