Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
helluvahefty

I am more than capable of hitting the browse button when I want to look for new content.  I am damn tired of being blasted with suggested (ADVERTISED) content as basically all of my home screen when I am paying for premium, in part, to avoid ads.  Just because what you are advertising is the content that you serve, doesn't make it anything other than an advertisement.  Sadly, I tried Tidal as a way out and it wasn't any better, albeit at least they weren't making me scroll through a **bleep** ton of podcasts, none of which I am interested in in the slightest.  They just advertise music there.  Might be worth making the switch in retrospect...  Anyway: QUIT SELLING MY TIME, SPOTIFY!

The Music on Tidal will become things you like and less generic
helluvahefty

Good to hear.  I did port over a bunch of my preferences and playlists so hoped it would catch on faster.  Maybe just needs more time.  After all: I have been using Spotify for eternity and they are still advertising me **bleep**, hence the rant.

srebrnafh

+1000 to this idea.

I'm getting recommendations about:

* what other listeners to a podcast I like listen (I couldn't care less, literally)

* Hot Hits in Poland (as if I care)

* Polish Hip Hop (why?!??!)

* Polish Rap (what did I ever do to you...!)

* Podcasts about nature (...?)

* Comedy hour (I just don't even)

How on Earth is this useful for anyone? Why wouldn't you include the option to get rid of this and have users be able to customise their page or at least to be able to mark unwanted recommendations as, well, unwanted? 

VictorIsaev

"We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement."

Yeaaah, cause why would you, right? It's not as if a major part of your paying users have any interest in it, right? Cause **bleep** the users, you got their money and why would you give one **bleep** about what they want changed in your platform. Yet you keep implementing new and awful features and redesignes noone asked about. I've had more issues with this paid platform for the past years than with some free platforms for far longer. Shame you on Spotify. 

helluvahefty

'Not Right Now' just means 'we're making money on it so why bother hearing customers?'  They aren't feeling threatened enough by the few of us that have gripes to outweigh the money they're making on advertising.  It's a simple equation.  If they get enough people leaving premium over it they may take another look.  I'm just searching for an acceptable alternative personally.

aloshka

If anyone has any good alternatives, please post them here. 

Apple Music is great, but their recommendations algorithm really sucks. But definitely something I'm switching to in next few weeks if I can't find anything. 

Youtube music is IDEAL, but the interface is clunky at best and is awful in carplay. 

Any others that have non-ads premium services that anyone is switching to?

Tidal and Deezer are clean with great recommendations of the two I think
Tidal is the best UI and is totally music focused with great recommendations
aloshka

@rustybowow thank you! I'll check them out today. Hopefully they have some of my "off" music that I enjoy (small indie artists). 

declans

Why would you mark this as "Not Right Now"? Do you not have developers/interns that could potentially start working on this?

I really like the variety of Spotify and the UI for the most part, but recently I've been getting put off by it. I listened to one episode of a few different podcasts to see if I would like any and now I get notified whenever they release a new episode. I'm not going to listen to them but there they are stuck at the top of my home screen.

I want to get recommended more music I'm interested in and I don't really want to have to scroll through a bunch of garbage I'm not interested in.

This lack of customizations seems a bit lazy really, I just want to be able to hide some recommendations and favorite others so that the home screen can grow a little bit more instead of constantly feeding me things I don't care about and will never click.