Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments

Dudes please, your recommendations are terrible and makes people think /I/ am terrible. Heck, if I were to see the same suggestions blatant ads on someone's home page I'd think they are a terrible person, too.

I'm not a fake-D&D playing communist-endorsing, 9gag browsing mcelroy-fetishizing tumblrite. The communism especially is just severely insulting. You guys might as well recommend me some nazi podcasts while you're at it. wouldn't be that much different now would it.

please stop. I've never listened to a single second of podcasts and I'm, again, not ever going to. Over 3000 votes now, can we get some new feedback at least? Heck, even a hard 'NO' would be useful in this case. At least it'd be clear.

matasoy

I really not confortable to see the Creative lists. It hosts a lot of abuse list, some of them is about politics. I do not want to see it on the top of my screeen everyday. I am a paid user and I dont want this.

helluvahefty

@aloshka, take a look at bandcamp as well.  It's a great place for interacting with lesser known artists, if they have a presence there.

@rustybowow, do you know if there is a way to fix the default EQ in Tidal?  I want to control my own fluffy bass, thanks.

snowbutterfly

PLEASE allow users to customize the home / start screen to the app.

Similar to what others have indicated, I'd also like to hide irrelevant rows and programs or recommendations that appear on the home screen. I especially like to hide the podcast row; I keep getting a particular podcast recommended to me and the cover art is TRIGGERING and I'm forced to see it in the rotation of recommendations. At the very least set up something where I can hide/choose to not see the recommendation just like some apps allow with certain ads.

uv-ox8d_ed6l

I just got a "Three years badge" after clicking the Vote button. Almost as an old user as this Live Idea.

All in all the clutter on the "screen" is awful. It's more or less like having a very good/shiny/expensive new phone with all the apps that the provider has thought you'd enjoy. Except that you can always uninstall all the bloatware on a phone, and then dig deeper and stop some (location, health monitoring, telemetry) also not so necessary stuff.

Well.. as long as we have payed to get rid of the " 3 songs - add - 3 songs" and the 3GB (I think) cap in the free version I assume we are entitled for some.. more into what we need stuff.

Not what you assume we need or like.

Agreed: some artists may pay to get this exposure. But why not balance things and disable some of the mess?

Like make it a cleaner/leaner/no-more-instagram-pintrest-like theme.

PLEASE

greenwilldestro

Dude I am so tired of seeing "Your Shows" at the top of my screen. On my app and on my appleplay in my car. I don't listen to podcasts on spotify. You want to show them? Fine, put them at the bottom of the damn screen so I can get to my actual music. So frustrating.

1WaywardSon1

Stop.Force.Feeding.Your.Podcast.Propaganda.On.Paid.Customers.
Should I spell it more for you to understand?

You clearly have an agenda here. Other topics with much more less upvotes isn't tagged as "not right now" like this topic has. 40 page of comments. 40.

I'll not renew my subscription if you keep ignoring this.

tsbayne

Everyone. Look. Let’s face the facts:

1. Spotify doesn’t care. No one from Spotify is reading or following this. 
2. Spotify can’t do this. Spotify is a sinking ship. They have yet to turn a profit, despite high subscriber numbers. They put all their chips in the podcast basket to turn a profit. 
3. The only way Spotify will listen is to f*ck with their money. In other words: stop bitching about it and just cancel. Move on. I did. I didn’t want to, but it was necessary. 
4. By the time they wake up it will be far too late. (See point 2). Just go ahead and leave. This ship is going down either way (lack of ability to turn a profit and failing to listen to their customers). 

snowbutterfly

tsbayne: you (as do many others on this thread!) make excellent points.

My concern is if I leave (which I am SO prepared to do,) what would be a decent replacement service, if not better?

tsbayne

@snowbutterfly I went with Apple Music which is probably as good as it gets. I have a few friends who use YouTube and they are happy with that. 

is anything going to be “better”? Probably not. That’s why it’s such a bitter pill to swallow. Spotify was clearly superior, but sadly they failed.